Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

Renee is such a disappointment

Edie70

[41]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 19
    I know Edie and particularly Nicollette had a chance to rise and shine in those 5 seasons and 91 episodes she was in - better than 2 seasons and 45 episodes for Renee. But he was so wrong to kill the character and practically kill the possibility of her return. And he was even so stupid to kill the actress he was constantly having arguments, problems and some screaming matches (like the one that happened during 5.01 in the pizzeria scene shoot). He should have moved her away in 5.24 and then make her come back at the end of season 8. Stupid man.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RenatoB

[42]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 43
    Hmmm, I don't know about that... if Edie moved away I would probably be more upset. Because, let's face it, a character like Edie deserved a big finish. Her death story wasn't well thought out and for such an impactful character it's ridiculous how little impact it had on everyone else beyond episodes 19 and 20 that season, especially on the guy who led her to her death - PBS guy. What screaming matches? :O

Edie70

[43]Apr 20, 2012
    PBS guy lol and I mean big lol.

RenatoB

[44]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 43
    But what were the screaming matches? I'm dying of curiosity.

Edie70

[45]Apr 20, 2012
    It was Mr. Cherrys criticizing Nic - always in front of many extras - first time happened when they were doinga scene of "This is not a sorry party, this is we forgive you party" for 5.01 on the sound stage which was supposed to stand for Scavo's Pizzeria - Nic is a verz opinionate lady, always speaks her mind and she never had a problem openly criticizing a script or a writer's lazy work. This was the case in there, she hated that scene, Edie's bahavior at the beginning of S5, because Cherry and his entourage decided to change the character and make her this sweet married gal who loves cooking and baking and goes to church every single Sunday and listens to every word her psycho husband has to say. Nicollette hated that. She had many many different ideas character & story-wise. And he loved criticizing her acting. It was also obvious druing 4.15 AUDIO COMMENTARY when there was this scene at the doorstep of Bree's house and Edie threatened to come clean about Danielle being Benji's mom. He said something like - "Wow, that was some good acting, I am surprised." and Nic replied with this little bit agitated: "Thank you very much." But she used to call him a bitch mostly for his rude and insulting comments - about her weight, sex, age and blond hair. But I have no idea why he yelled at her during 5.08 night club scene. No idea. But there were many people, mainly like 50-80 extras brought in for the scene in this late September's / early October's shot episode. He can be cruel.

Mattsterzz

[46]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 7
    I was just watching the 4x15 commentary, and she hardly said anything, but I did notice what you said above about the doorstep scene. I dont like Marc Cherry, it seems he cant take criticism very well, and he doesnt think about the fans ( Ummm Mike and Edie's death). I think he is very selfish. I think as an actress, Nicollette has to listen to her boss's directions.If they want to change her character, she just has to go with it. Also, I would have liked to see what nice Edie would have been liked. It seems like they were switching Bree and Edie characters around. Bree the slut, Edie the housewife.