Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

REVIEW 1.04 - "Who's That Woman?" Episode Discussion

Which housewife stole the show?

RenatoB

[1]Jun 7, 2012
    • level: 43

EPISODE 4: "Who's That Woman?"

On Sunday October 24, 2004, "Desperate Housewives" aired its forth episode, "Who's That Woman?". The episode was written by Tom Spezialy and series creator Marc Cherry.

Mrs. Huber blackmails Susan with the knowledge that she burnt down Edie's house, and Carlos begins to wise up to the fact that his trophy wife might be cheating on him. Meanwhile, Bree's attempts to keep up appearances with Rex out of the household aggravates their son Andrew, and Lynette is advised to medicate her rowdyruff boys. The ladies decide to share with Mary Alice's widower the note she received the day she died.

Guest stars include Christine Estabrook as Martha Huber, Richard Roundtree as Mr. Shaw, Mary Pat Gleason as Ms. Butters, Lucille Soong as Yao Lin, John Haymes Newton as the Cable Guy, Sam Lloyd as Dr. Goldfine (voice) and series regulars Shawn Pyfrom as Andrew, Joy Lauren as Danielle and Brent and Shane Kinsman as Preston and Porter Scavo.

Note: Steven Culp (Rex) and Cody Kasch (Zach) are absent from this episode.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RenatoB

[2]Jun 7, 2012
    Finally! Oh, my God, that took forever! Stupid TV.com doesn't let me create a forum entry with copy-pasted material! I'm so sick of all these glitches!

No1Slayerette

[3]Jun 7, 2012
    • level: 9

^Tell me about it!^ The worst is when I write a really long post and then all of a sudden the page refreshes and tell me it's been recovered, losing everything I've written Anyway, rant over.

Yes! Susan gets a juicier storyline, courtesy of Mrs. Huber. I love it when they put Susan in situations like this. A normal person wouldn't know how to react, what do you think Susan would do? She held her own brilliantly though, good on her. The only thing I didn't get is why Susan needed to pretend not to be interested in Mike in front of Mrs. Huber. Can anyone explain this to me? It's not as if Mrs. Huber could do much blackmailing with this information, it's not as if Edie didn't know Susan had a crush on him.

I love Bree, I don't think I had a favorite housewife earlier in the series, but I loved Bree in the last season, turns out it only took me eight years to realize it!

Gaby's storyline was a lot stronger this week too, I loved the fact the repair man was gay, silly misunderstandings.

Again, Lynette's storyline revolved all around her kids. This women needs to get out. Although I liked that she took the moral high ground and decided not to medicate her kids, even if it would mean less work for her.

And for all those who have exams/ are studying I hope all is going well! Best of luck to you all.

No1Slayerette

[4]Jun 7, 2012
    • level: 9

Oops, I forget to list the episodes: 1.4: Who's That Woman?, 1.1: Pilot, 1.3: Pretty Little Picture, 1.2: Ah, But Underneath.

I love the idea of the poll too, by the way, I think we should do that every episode.

RenatoB

[5]Jun 8, 2012
    Thank you for the good luck wishes. Sad to say, however, that today's exam was crap for me. XD

Susan is pretty much a 40-year-old child. So when Mrs. Huber told her she knows she's lusting after Mike (and burnt down Edie's home over it), Susan acted as though she didn't like Mike to kind of tear down Martha's made-up motive, and because, well, when you tell a kid that they like another kid, they blush and say "Naaaaaaaaah, I don't, stop it!" I love how even after taking Edie to the movies, Mike wanted Susan. Later Edie would blame Susan for stealing Mike from her. Clearly the problem was with Edie, seeing as how she had the perfect motives to put a move on him and charm him, but couldn't. He loved Susan.