Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

Scavo Kids Look TOO OLD!

luvin_tv

[1]Oct 6, 2008
    • level: 4

Excuse me, SIXTEEN? 18 maybe, but definitely NOT 16!

Lynette's kids (who were recast) do NOT look siteen.

Don't get me wrong - I do not mind when older or yougnger actors portray characters who aren't te same age as them. But man, the casting sucks. They couldn't find any other twin actors who look closer to 16?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RenatoB

[2]Oct 6, 2008
    • level: 43
    Actually, the Carver twins were the best they could come up with, Marc was so desperate he actually thought of casting only one kid to play both twins. The Carver twins are 20, but a lot of 16-year-olds look older, so what's the problem?

Glenn11523

[3]Oct 6, 2008
    • level: 18

RenatoB wrote:
    Actually, the Carver twins were the best they could come up with, Marc was so desperate he actually thought of casting only one kid to play both twins. The Carver twins are 20, but a lot of 16-year-olds look older, so what's the problem?

The problem is exactly that - desperation in casting led to poor casting, in my humble opinion, (and apparently the opinion of the author of this thread too)

CoxSmith

[4]Oct 6, 2008
    • level: 5
    I agree. I usually don't care, but I just think it's silly when Lynette and Tom are so strict with someone who looks like they're 18-20.

Daniel777C

[5]Oct 7, 2008
    • level: 31
    Have you people ever seen One Tree Hill or The OC?

7thheavengirl1

[6]Oct 7, 2008
    • level: 9
    They do look much older. last season they were like what 10 or not even and they went 5 years later, they would not look like this 5 years later
    Edited on 10/07/2008 12:18pm

oopschoice

[7]Oct 7, 2008
    • level: 3

Daniel777C wrote:
    Have you people ever seen One Tree Hill or The OC?

Totally Agreed! The O.C, One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl have lots of actors in their twenty playing highschool students. For Desperate Housewives, it's even harder since they need the twins! I think the casting staff have done a good job given the circumstances.

luvin_tv

[8]Oct 7, 2008
    • level: 4

Have I not see the OC or One Tree Hill? What a stupid question. At times, the actors and actresses on The OC and One Tree Hill could pass off as high school kids. Right now the One Tree Hill characters are supposed to be in their early 20s, and the actors ARE ACTUALLY CONVINCING!

I love how I told you not to get me wrong and you still did. It shows that illiterate people still exist.

Daniel777C

[9]Oct 7, 2008
    • level: 31
    luvin_tv wrote:
    At times, the actors and actresses on The OC and One Tree Hill could pass off as high school kids.

And so could, at times, these actors as the Scavo twins. However, I would not say the same for The OC and especially not One Tree Hill.

OTHfan323

[10]Oct 7, 2008
    • level: 16
    I think they could pass for 16. The issue is that they have grown way to fast. It has been five years, yet they look about 10 years older.

sbhinyo

[11]Oct 8, 2008
    • level: 13
    The Carver twins are 20 in real life and they are playing 16 on the show. Of course they look older but I say they did a good job with the casting the new twins and the other two Scavo kids.

myintermail

[12]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 7
    psst, Jesse Metcalfe (John the gardener) was 25 when he acted as a 17 year old boy. That's even worse. Ryan Carnes (Justin) was about 22 when he is supposed to be 17/18 and the actress who played Dylan was 20 when she is supposed to be 17.

I really don't see the problem with the twins. They look the part IMO. Shawn Pyform (Andrew) on the other hand, had to act 4 years older than he is now (he and his character was about the same age in seasons 1-4)

she_is_wicked

[13]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 19
    I AM 16... and although they look a little old, it is not unrealistic AT ALL that those kids are juniors in high school. I have classmates who look the same age or older. Yes, they looked very young at 10, but it's possible they had a quick puberty... it's seriously not unheard of.