Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

Series Finale Ratings?? What would you like to see? Predictions.

RenatoB

[21]May 13, 2012
    • level: 43
    Edie70 wrote:
    Daniel777C wrote:
    Good point, though. What do the ratings matter now that it's ending? It will forever hold a place in our hearts...
    Now I sound sappy.
    The only thing left to say is just to honor my beloved Mary Alice is ... wait for it .... YES

HEY HEY HEY!!!!!!!! That's MY running gag!! Don't make me go all cholo on your ass! XP
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Edie70

[22]May 13, 2012
    • level: 19
    Well, get adjusted to this one Mama Solis

MohammedHasan2

[23]May 14, 2012
    • level: 4

Ok, the ratings are in! DH averaged 3.3 for the two hours and 11.1045 million viewers. Not what I was expecting, but its up 6 tenths from the previous episode.

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=1714.0#postid-26441

Edited on 05/14/2012 8:53am

NiallB31

[24]May 14, 2012
    • level: 8

I am disappointed by those numbers. I was really hoping for at leats 12 million viewers.

But hey, we went out on a season high. And it was the highest rated episode since the 150th episode (Searching) which got 11.35 million viewers and a 3.4 in the demo.

MohammedHasan2

[25]May 14, 2012
    True. Maybe mothers day did actually cause a slight decrease in ratings. This week, it places as the No.3 highest rated show for ABC in the demo behind Grey's and MF, and also No.3 in total viewers, behind Dancing with the stars. Geez, Grey's is still such a strong show.

Edie70

[26]May 14, 2012
    Actually not many of my friends or neighbors (they were literally all watching the first 2 seasons) decided to watch it last night. So, I guess many more former viewers remained unsure.

Edie70

[27]May 14, 2012

HALF-HOUR BREAKSSmileNOT MUCH OF A RISE THERE, BUT IT'S BEEN CONSISTENTLY TRENDING!

9:00PM –Desperate Housewives (SERIES FINALE)
    HH: 6.7/11, Viewers: 10.920 million, A18-49: 3.2/8

9:30PM –Desperate Housewives (SERIES FINALE)
    HH: 6.8/11, Viewers: 11.043 million, A18-49: 3.2/8

10:00PM –Desperate Housewives (SERIES FINALE)
    HH: 7.0/11, Viewers: 11.144 million, A18-49: 3.2/8

10:30PM –Desperate Housewives (SERIES FINALE)
    HH: 7.1/12, Viewers: 11.311 million, A18-49: 3.4/9

MY SOURCE: http://www.tvmediainsights.com/forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=1714.0#postid-26454

mully

[28]May 14, 2012
    • level: 6

I wish it had gotten at least 13 but what can you do? The show just wasn't the ratings powerhouse it once was. If they had renewed for season 9, it could have possibly gotten cancelled midseason.

Edited on 05/14/2012 10:52am

Edie70

[29]May 14, 2012
    I think it would still survive if season 9 only got 13 episodes. But they'd have to start filming in early June instead of mid-July to finish off filming in early November.

MohammedHasan2

[30]May 14, 2012
    I think it could have survived a season 9 because OUAT would still be a lead in for it. And, ABC doesn't really have any other hits besides MF and Grey's. I think they would feel the need to renew it, rather than pick up a new show. I suppose they would have renegotiated the actress's contracts since there pay would be too high.

Edie70

[31]May 14, 2012
    Other than that there'd be even more budget cuts which would've sucked.

MohammedHasan2

[32]May 14, 2012
    ^^haha, yeah. The budget cuts this year meant no disaster episode :/ . The one thing about it ending this year, is, that it wouldn't have to keep going to the point where it is cancelled due to low ratings. Already, that 1.8 against the Grammy's was embarrassing enough for a once No.1 tv show.

Mattsterzz

[33]May 14, 2012
    • level: 7
    I know this season has had budget cuts, but I heard they were saving all their money for the finale. Apart from bringing back heaps of people, it didnt look like it could have cost as much as other episodes.

MohammedHasan2

[34]May 14, 2012
    Mattsterzz wrote:
    I know this season has had budget cuts, but I heard they were saving all their money for the finale. Apart from bringing back heaps of people, it didnt look like it could have cost as much as other episodes.

Yeah I agree. Probably bringing back all the guest stars was expensive, but their role was so short; they just had to stand there. And they brought back some that you never expected like and weren't that important like Bradley Scott and Mona Clark, so maybe only the one's that wanted to do it for free were brought back? Maybe it was just a rumor that they were saving their budget for the finale.

mully

[35]May 14, 2012
    • level: 6
    I'm just really glad that Emily Bergyl said yes, whether she was paid or not. My face lit up when I saw Beth again!

Mattsterzz

[36]May 14, 2012
    I was probably most surprised when all the little characters come back, especially Alma (I love Alma). Also, I think Beth should have been standing with Martha.

evafan2005

[37]May 14, 2012
    • level: 18

I loved seeing all of those faces from the past, I know some people complained on other boards about there being too many they didn't recognize (I recognized them all) and then complaining that there weren't more ghosts, but I thought it was perfect as it was. Would I have liked to have seen Ida, Matthew, Eli, Edie and Victor? Maybe even the original Dylan, have a little girl holding hands with Mrs. Simms?Well sure, but I'm not going to get all bent out of shape about it.

I WOULD have liked some follow up this season on what happened with Susan and Lynette's mothers though.

RenatoB

[38]May 14, 2012
    • level: 43
    I actually like their random organization, because had they grouped people that made sense together there'd always be the odd ones out anyway, so at least everyone is oddly grouped. I am now actually quite interested in know which 'ghosts' were asked to return and didn't/couldn't. I can't for the life of me figure out why Pat Crawford Brown wasn't there, makes no sense to me, I'd very much like to know that.

Mattsterzz

[39]May 14, 2012
    I think my favourite, apart from Mary Alice, was Karen with her son. Do you think that Karen looked really weird?

evafan2005

[40]May 14, 2012
    • level: 18

I think it was because of her hair. We'd been used to seeing it look all....cancer-y (for lack of a better term) and in ghost form she had a full head. I BAWLED though when I saw her with her son.

I do have to say I'm surprisedDeirdre wasn't included. It would have been neat to see her with Mike or something.