Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

The Big Rewatch: Desperate Housewives Edition

mully

[21]May 14, 2012
    • level: 6

I'm in. Even if I don't watch, I remember most of the episodes enough that I could participate anyway. Tongue outI also propose a drinking game my friends and I used to play: watch an episode and randomly freeze-frame on a housewife while she is talking. If her botoxed, dinosaur-like expression makes you laugh, you take a shot. Happy trails!Wink

Edited on 05/14/2012 9:05pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kadodian

[22]May 15, 2012
    • level: 23
    This is a really good idea!

Zazawie

[23]May 17, 2012
    • level: 19

Okay then, we'll start on Monday with the Pilot. I'll create the discussion topic this weekend, but after that anyone's free to create the discussion topics for each episodeSmile

MohammedHasan2

[24]May 18, 2012
    • level: 4
    Can't wait! Its only been a week, and I'm already missing DH. Although I may have to miss a few episodes here and there, and I may miss a few episodes in June and July. I hope you're at the beginning of season 2 at that time, so I don't miss much .

NiallB31

[25]May 21, 2012
    • level: 8

Guys, I have exams until the 29th of May so I won't be able to start the re-watch until then. But I will review the episodes I have missed out on also. I just wanted to let you all know, so you wonldn't be thinking I abandoned you or decided not to participate.

No1Slayerette

[26]May 22, 2012
    • level: 9

It just so happens that my ex dropped off some of DVD's a week or so back, and was kind enough to give me the first five season of DH! I haven't re-watched them since there aired, other than some random reruns, and was very hesitant to begin watching them after the final, but as you all seem to be doing it... well all I can see reading through these posts is that I'm really excited to re-watch now, so I'm in LaughingI'm always up for a good discussion and hate it when forums die after the show finishes, so I'm glad that this one will continue at least.

NiallB31

[27]May 29, 2012

OK, guys Im finally (emphisis on finally) my exams so I will start the rewatch at the weekend. I need sleep.

MoHasanie

[28]Jun 7, 2012
    • level: 2
    Are we not doing this anymore? Cause I really want to watch episode 5, but if I do, I'll forget what happened in episode 4 and won't be able to review it.

RenatoB

[29]Jun 7, 2012
    • level: 43
    Lol I'll create a page for ep. 4.

Zazawie

[30]Jun 7, 2012
    Yeah, sorry I haven't been as present lately, but I'm in the middle of my exams (like many others, I suppose). Renato, thanks for creating the new discussion topic!

RenatoB

[31]Jun 7, 2012
    No prob. Took me forever, though, I copy-pasted the stuff from your thread for ep. 3 and changed it, but TV.com apparently has a problem with copy-pasted stuff. Go figure...

NiallB31

[32]Jun 17, 2012

Since, by the looks of things, the re-watch isn't really going, should we leave it for a while and come back to it later in the Summer or could we even do a season re-watch instead in which I mean we watch the season and review it as a whole when you have the season finished and there doesn't have to be a deadline when you have to have it done by? Im having trouble finding time to get the episodes watched by a certain date, so I think the season re-watch might work better?? What do you all think? Its only a suggestion. Just suggestin this to try to keep the fourm alive.

RenatoB

[33]Jun 17, 2012
    I dunno, I suppose we should definitely save it for later. For some reason, I haven't been able to find myself sitting down and re-watching those episodes, even when I don't have anything to do. It's just so time-consuming.

Edie70

[34]Jun 17, 2012
    I don't miss the show but I kinda miss you guys

evafan2005

[35]Jun 20, 2012
    • level: 18

I'm still up for an episode-by episode rewatch, I just think we jumped into it too soon. Give us the summer to really let it sink in when there's no new news/spoilers/etc. and maybe August/September we can do this again? Plus, I've been busy with other shows for the summer (PLL, Dallas, Weeds is coming up and I'm checking out Baby Daddy on ABC Family) plus I am starting to watch my ER DVDs for the first time, so I gotta get cracking on that, too.

No1Slayerette

[36]Jun 20, 2012
    • level: 9

Yeah, I agree, I'm happy to wait for a little while, and I think we should stick to the episode-by-episode thing just because it was so we could figure out who was the best houwewife overall/ what the best individual episodes are.

NiallB31

[37]Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, I think we could hold off on it for a few months. I do think we jumped straight into the rewatch too soon. We could restart in August/September and continue on from where we left off. And definitly stick with the single episode rewatch, you can forget about my comment on doing it as a season one.

mully

[38]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 6

I've been watching sporadic episodes here and there lately. Not really watching with the intent to review them or anything, just kinda missing the show. I know I said I would be down with a big rewatch and critique, but as some people have said, I think the excitement of the ending of the show made us all jump the gun a little too fast.

Still yet, kinda sad this forum has died off so much since the end. I, myself, am guilty of that too though. This forum went from being one of my most visited sites to completely falling off my Google Chrome dashboard in just a couple months.

Edited on 07/17/2012 3:29pm

Edie70

[39]Jul 18, 2012
    mully wrote:

Still yet, kinda sad this forum has died off so much since the end. I, myself, am guilty of that too though. This forum went from being one of my most visited sites to completely falling off my Google Chrome dashboard in just a couple months.

It's almost depressing to see this forum in such a deep state of coma. I usually just scroll down once in a few days to see if there's anything new here.