Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

The Complete Collection Boxset

Daniel777C

[1]May 14, 2012
    • level: 31

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Desperate-Housewives-Season-8-and-The-Complete-Collection/16910

I am totally getting this and putting it in its own little padlocked cupboard. Should be moving into a new place around that time as well.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Edie70

[2]May 14, 2012
    • level: 19
    This one also comes out on 9/25?

Daniel777C

[3]May 14, 2012
    Edie70 wrote:
    This one also comes out on 9/25?

Yep.

RenatoB

[4]May 14, 2012
    • level: 43
    I am so getting it too! As soon as I possibly can. To hell with the portuguese subtitles!

evafan2005

[5]May 14, 2012
    • level: 18

Can't wait for this!!!

Mattsterzz

[6]May 14, 2012
    • level: 7
    I'll have to buy, and sell my dvds.

mully

[7]May 14, 2012
    • level: 6
    Kinda pricey, but it would be worth it. That box is awesome.

Daniel777C

[8]May 15, 2012
    I'm gonna rewatch seasons 1-4. Then I'm gonna stop just before the time jump. I'm gonna imagine it says "7 years later*. Then I'm gonna continue from the last scene of the season 6 finale with Paul moving back and keep going til the end.

The show will even make more sense! Edie was chased out of town in season 4, she never died which is why she isn't in the finale. Her void is immediately filled with Renee, who moves into "Edie's old house", nice ambiguous mention there. Susan and Mike never split up. Bree and Orson spent 7 years getting a divorce. (I've seen people do that, it's totally plausible.) Gaby never became frumpy. Lynette never wore a ridiculous wig that Mary Alice tried to pass off as real hair. Katherine was never made into a joke. And Porter never slept with Anne Schilling with whom he still probably believes he has a baby.

Daniel777C

[9]May 15, 2012

And I don't have to deal with two Pennys!

Edited on 05/15/2012 7:18am

RenatoB

[10]May 15, 2012
    Daniel777C wrote:

And I don't have to deal with two Pennys!

That's the best part! You can skip gloomy, depressed Penny (seriously, she NEVER smiled) and go straight to cheery, quirky Penny!

evafan2005

[11]May 15, 2012

See, I like Seasons 5 & 6 and could never skip them. Plus doing that would make things confusing (if you watched it with other people who'd never seen if before) For example: where'd Katherine go? Who was the guy Susan kissed at the end? Why did Bree go from bathing with Orson to divorcing him and screwing Brian Austin Green?

Daniel777C

[12]May 15, 2012

evafan2005 wrote:

See, I like Seasons 5 & 6 and could never skip them. Plus doing that would make things confusing (if you watched it with other people who'd never seen if before) For example: where'd Katherine go? Who was the guy Susan kissed at the end? Why did Bree go from bathing with Orson to divorcing him and screwing Brian Austin Green?

That's why I'd pause BEFORE the "5 years later" sequence. And as for Katherine, she just went away like Betty, or Angie, whom I've never heard of. And Penny #1 was a bitch! Penny #2 is on Prozac or somethin'!

evafan2005

[13]May 15, 2012

Ohhh I think I missed that partTongue outhahaha sorry

RenatoB

[14]May 15, 2012
    Technically, those were Pennys #3 and #4. You forgot the silent, forgettable prop-y generations. By the way, how useless and pointless is Paige? I hate her very existence.

evafan2005

[15]May 15, 2012

Yeah Paige is being cared for by Parker, MJ, Celia........are there any other neglected kids on the Lane?

Edie70

[16]May 15, 2012
    • level: 19
    Daniel777C wrote:
    I'm gonna rewatch seasons 1-4. Then I'm gonna stop just before the time jump. I'm gonna imagine it says "7 years later*. Then I'm gonna continue from the last scene of the season 6 finale with Paul moving back and keep going til the end.

The show will even make more sense! Edie was chased out of town in season 4, she never died which is why she isn't in the finale. Her void is immediately filled with Renee, who moves into "Edie's old house", nice ambiguous mention there. Susan and Mike never split up. Bree and Orson spent 7 years getting a divorce. (I've seen people do that, it's totally plausible.) Gaby never became frumpy. Lynette never wore a ridiculous wig that Mary Alice tried to pass off as real hair. Katherine was never made into a joke. And Porter never slept with Anne Schilling with whom he still probably believes he has a baby.
    I'm gonna praise your creativity now. That's very clever. Seasons 5 and mostly 6 are the lowest point in the entire show for me.

tvtome_xena321

[17]May 15, 2012
    • level: 27
    Daniel777C wrote:

haha that would make so much sense, since Lynette's line about Edie never mentioned she died, so we can just assume Edie is away from town for good with that line. I actually wished Edie did depart after season 4 for good, but maybe they could of therefore brought her back for the grand final instead of Katherine, It would of at least honored the pilot. oh well