Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

The Final Season spoiler topic

Zazawie

[1]May 15, 2011
    • level: 19

After 8 seasons or 180 episodes, Desperate Housewives has come to an end. No more new characters, no more episodes, no more spoilers. While the use of this topic as a place of discussion for new pieces of information has come to an end, feel free to use it as a way to keep in touch and discuss the events of this final season.

While I hope most of us will stick around for a while, perhaps to review the entire series together, I wanna thank you all for participating (or just lurking around) on this forum, especially in the seasonal spoiler topics I've been running since season 6. We've had more posts every year and it's been a blast! Thank you all for being a caring, close internet community in which people from all over the world have been invited with open arms.

If you stick around (hopefully), I'll see you soon. If our ways part here, I wish you the best! Just don't forget to take those DH DVD's out of your closet once in a while, because as Susan would say, at some point you can wrap yourself up in all those memories... and you'll be content.

Final edit: Monday May 15th, 2012

Edited on 05/14/2012 7:22am
    Edited 108 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Marmalade11

[2]May 15, 2011
    • level: 10
    I thought Susan Lucci's addition to the cast was a rumor that was confirmed to be false?

Zazawie

[3]May 15, 2011
    ^^At first it was said to be a rumor, but last week reports and 'blind items' came along, indicating Lucci would join DH.

There still is no official word on it, but since both DH and her (now cancelled) show air on ABC, it's more than likely that she'll be on DH.

RenatoB

[4]May 15, 2011
    • level: 43
    Zazawie wrote:
    Marc Cherry's new show Hallelujah has not been picked up for the fall season. He will presumably stay on DH as a show runner, instead of passing the torch to Bob Daily.

I am very disappointed, this is the first I've heard of this. Not only was I excited about "Hallellujah" (sounded like a good show, with several fine actors in it), I looked forward to Bob Daily calling the shots. It was our best shot at a mystery that doesn't revolve around some vendetta storyline...

NiallB31

[5]May 15, 2011
    • level: 8

ABC has not announced season 8 yet and it is really annoying. ABC has renewed and cancelled lots of shows and Desperate Housewives has not made it onto the list.

We all know the show will be renewed for an 8th but it would be nice if ABC could tell us soon, this waiting is killing me.

And season 8 spoiler topic. It seems like only yesterday the one for season 7 began.

Zazawie

[6]May 15, 2011

^^Yep, the year sure has gone by fastTongue out

@Renato: I know how you're feeling. Hallelujah looked like it could be a great show, and Cherry isn't the genius anymore he was taken for a few years ago, so I also would've liked to see someone else calling the shots on DH, while he could reinvent himself.

I can't think of a reason why ABC didn't pick up the show, since reviews were (mildly) positive. My best guess is that the religious theme was a little too risky for them and it might scare away viewers. Too bad, because it was a really great cast.

Edited on 05/15/2011 12:32pm

TrinityDanger

[7]May 16, 2011
    • level: 1

Do we know if Vanessa Williams will stay for season 8 ?

I hope so !

Zazawie

[8]May 16, 2011

^^Yes, Vanessa has already signed to return for another season.Laughing

Zazawie

[9]May 16, 2011

A promotional picture for Kevin Rahm's new show, I Hate My Teenage Daughter, which will be airing after X-Factor and American Idol (= best spot on the schedule).

It looks like he's part of the main cast, I wonder what this'll mean for his role on DH.

Arno_00

[10]May 16, 2011
    • level: 7
    LOL, I totally didn't recognize Kevin in this pic, I was like -- WTH is he in it?! He looks so different from Lee and kinda, sorry to say that -- a bit fat.

And...

RenatoB wrote:
    Zazawie wrote:
    Marc Cherry's new show Hallelujah has not been picked up for the fall season. He will presumably stay on DH as a show runner, instead of passing the torch to Bob Daily.

I am very disappointed, this is the first I've heard of this. Not only was I excited about "Hallellujah" (sounded like a good show, with several fine actors in it), I looked forward to Bob Daily calling the shots. It was our best shot at a mystery that doesn't revolve around some vendetta storyline...

That's what I was thinking too...couldn't agree more, WTH?! I hope that Cherry will still step up or at least be less-involved, it's the right time, if he was ready to do it, he still should go with it and hand the show to Bob Daily.

Plus, why didn't you put the season 2 cliffhanger to the poll?

Arno_00

[11]May 16, 2011
    Can anyone remind me where's the topic about Nicolette's Lawsuit?

RenatoB

[12]May 16, 2011
    Arno_00 wrote:
    Can anyone remind me where's the topic about Nicolette's Lawsuit?

You should probably check a few pages back, or maybe research it in the forums. Why, has there been any advancement in the case?

Zazawie

[13]May 16, 2011
    ^^About the poll: I had to scrap some cliffhangers and I left out season 2 and season 6 because they kind I wanted some variation in the options. They both were about a mysterious man coming to the Lane, and I kinda had that one already in season 4. I think season 2's cliffhanger also lost a lot of its impact, since we now know Orson wasn't an evil character.

Arno_00

[14]May 16, 2011
    Yeah, you're probably right. And I forgot you can only put 5 answers, right?

Renato, nothing major, but I thought it'd be interesting to post it.

Generally abou the show. As now I've read a post of one of the TWOP's user on the finale, don't you think it'd be a great idea in general to have them show something that happens (maybe even all of the major plotlines/resolutions) in for example 8.01 like a year in the future, then flash back to the year before and we'd have the whole year of flashback of sorts, huh? That'd be definitely something exciting and very refreshing IMO.

RenatoB

[15]May 16, 2011
    Arno_00 wrote:
    Yeah, you're probably right. And I forgot you can only put 5 answers, right?

Renato, nothing major, but I thought it'd be interesting to post it.

Generally abou the show. As now I've read a post of one of the TWOP's user on the finale, don't you think it'd be a great idea in general to have them show something that happens (maybe even all of the major plotlines/resolutions) in for example 8.01 like a year in the future, then flash back to the year before and we'd have the whole year of flashback of sorts, huh? That'd be definitely something exciting and very refreshing IMO.

I have to admit that does sound interesting. Maybe we could work around something of the sort when we do our own 8th season. It'll probably be hard to pull off, though.

Arno_00

[16]May 16, 2011
    Yeah, just like with the 7.23 [plus, in which / how many episodes the 'flashback' theme was used?], but during the whole run of the season, ha lol.

By the way, I thought/was expecting that Bree's alcoholism would come up this season, I mean, in a major way, but instead they went with Andrew, I wonder if they'll ever revisit her drinking problem, not just by having to deal with Andrew, but actually her drinking again, I don't think that's likely since she'll probably happy with Chuck, unless the guilt will consume her again, but it's not really her fault, she's not the only one that helped Carlos, so...yep.

rentlover1

[17]May 16, 2011
    • level: 8

Bree's drinking problem came back in Season 5 (welltechnicallythe five year jump). She wasdepressedabouther choice to make Orson go toprisonandthenshe lost Benjamin and then she returned to drinking. Katherine pulled her out of it which cemented their bond. So I doubt a call back to her drinking will happen now, accept in passing.

Mystery of Season 8:

I think there should be twomysteries like season 6; one that focusses around a new housewife and the other the secret our housewives are hiding from everyone else. I think that the mystery will involve Gabby finding out or becoming involved with whatever Alejandro was covering up that caused him to fake his own death OR the housewives becoming in dangered by men who are seeking revenge for Alejandro's murder.

Either way I am excited about where this will go. I think that while Gabby's story will be focussed on Alejandro and why he returned to find her, Bree will ultimately have to tell Chuck the truth or he will find out by searching for Alejandro's killer after his body is ultimately discovered and learn his girlfriend is involved.

Lynette I doubt will have much to do with this plot line and Susan I think will have a lot of moral issues to deal with since she had so much trouble acceptingresponsibilityfor the death of Lila and Paige Dash (so much so it destroyed her marriage).Perhapseach housewife will take thisopportunityto think of Mary Alice and what she went through to hide her secret. Could be a great way to get Brenda Strong back in more then just a narrative role.

Overall I am glad we will have Season 8. Some have suggested the finale of season 7 could have been the end of the series but to that I have to strongly disagree. I have been a fan of many shows that have just ended with no closure (like: Tru Calling, Firefly, etc that were cancelled shows or in the case of show like Angel were purposefully left open ended for dramatic effect). For housewives I cannot deal with a situation like this.If the series ends I want it ended with closure. Sure some things may be left open ended but not something as big as the housewives covering up a murder.

I think the way this new development will rock their friendships will be a major arc for season 8 as they each become more filled with fear that they will be squealed on.After allthey are allaccomplicesto murder which is a criminaloffence. As stated above I believe Susan will be the one to start cracking at the seems and if this happens it could cause the cracking of the group as well. I think Renee also catching on could be a danger to the girls which could also create conflict.

Ultimately I think the end of Season 7 is a great jump starter for Season 8. Plenty of drama to play out and the risk anyone on the lane could discover their secret.I can imagine the Season 8 promo now with the housewives watching their backs as theyburyAlejandro in the woods, perhaps with Mary Alice watching on. The promo shots will feature each of them holding aimplementto bury their secrets: a shovel, arubbishbag, the candlestick and rubber gloves.

Just a side note isn't it funny he was killed with animplementused by Katherine to knock down Wayne, when his body was pulled away it left a mark that had to be covered up by a rug (like the mark left by the cupboard that killed real Dylan), then put in a garbage bag like Marther Hubber and stuffed in a chest like Deardra? Gotta love the references to the past right there. So excited!

Edited on 05/16/2011 6:36pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Zazawie

[18]May 17, 2011

ABC has announced its Fall schedule, you can take a look at it here.

Surprise, surprise, Desperate Housewives is officialy renewed!

DH keeps its spot at Sundays 9/8c, making it one of the few shows to stay in its timeslot for such a long time.

Surprisingly, ABC hasn't programmed Good Christian Belles after it. Instead, Pan Am is taking Brothers & Sisters' timeslot. Also, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is kicked to Fridays and for the first time (I think), DH's lead-in is a scripted show, Once Upon a Time.

Once Upon a Time has an interesting cast and a decent fantasy story, but in my opinion, it's not compatible with DH at all. Luckily DH is an established show by now, so its lead-in can't hurt the ratings anymore. I'll check it out, though.

Pan Am however, is something I will probably pass on. Not my kind of show and again, I don't see the compatibility with DH. Brothers & Sisters was the same genre, Sunday was kind of ABC's soap night, but I don't see that anymore.

My opinion: ABC should've put Revenge on Sunday. It sounds DH-ish and I can't see it fit in with the Wednesday comedy block. Good Christian Belles is kept for midseason, so hopefully they will put that on Sunday too. Compatibility always helps ratings, even if it's just a little. Suburgatory looks good too. It seems like ABC has picked up a lot of shows that sounds like DH.Tongue out

What are your thoughts on ABC's new schedule and how do you feel about DH's new companion shows?

Edited on 05/17/2011 6:57am
    Edited 3 total times.

Zazawie

[19]May 17, 2011

Also note that there is no mention of season 8 being the last one, so ABC is planning for a 9th season.

+ promotional photos for Once Upon a Time (you can start cringing nowTongue out) and Pan Am. But all of the promo pics for ABC's new shows look cheesy, so it could still be a decent show.Tongue out

Edited on 05/17/2011 7:21am
    Edited 2 total times.

RenatoB

[20]May 17, 2011
    I love Christina Ricci, so I'll probably be checking "Pan Am", but most likely only when it premieres in my country, which I'm sure it will.