Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

The Final Season spoiler topic

RenatoB

[21]May 17, 2011
    • level: 43
    I'm also curious about "Once Upon a Time", considering the men behind it worked on "Lost".
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RenatoB

[22]May 17, 2011
    I find it interesting how all they did was remove Mark Moses' name from the cast list. What about Kevin Rahm and Tuc Watkins, will they return? Rahm is now on a FOX show right? And I don't see the show featuring Bob but not Lee. I mean, out of the two of them Lee is the only one that actually brings something to the show, Bob was only in approximately half the episodes of season 7. And what about the Carver twins? They appear to have been written off of sorts, I don't think Charlie will be returning as a series regular in season 8. On a side note, Parker should be in college now, right? How come there's been no mention of it?

Zazawie

[23]May 17, 2011
    • level: 19
    I saw the trailer of Kevin Rahm's new show and he appears to be in it a lot. Since we've heard nothing about him leaving, my guess is that they'll work around the scheduling issues and perhaps give him less appearances.

Since season 6 he's really become an integral part of the show, much more than Bob, so I don't think they would just let Lee go without giving it some attention.

NovemberRose

[24]May 17, 2011
    • level: 7
    Once Upon A Time the show I'm looking forward too on ABC since I'm a fan of Ginnifer Goodwin.

RenatoB

[25]May 17, 2011
    Ah ah his new show looks funny. And I loved Jaime Pressly on "My Name is Earl". I think I'll have to check out several new shows this fall... online, of course.

Zazawie

[26]May 17, 2011

Oh God, I just watched the sneak peek for ABC's midseason show "Work It"... that's something that cannot be unseen.

I can't believe Rebecca Mader (Lost) and Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break) joined something like that. Even Rochelle Aytes, who'd you think be used to better material after DH.Tongue out

Edited on 05/17/2011 2:07pm

JeffreyvanHe

[27]May 17, 2011
    • level: 2
    I wonder if Gabrielle's mother will be back this season. Her last & only appearance was ages ago

rentlover1

[28]May 18, 2011
    • level: 8

Id love to see her back. She was such a b*t*h. It was so messed up how she thought Gabby seduced her husband and forgave her so she could have her baby. Like what kind of mother was she? lol

Arno_00

[29]May 18, 2011

That was my thought too, but I doubt it, she was briefly in only one episode, when she offered to be a surrogate to their baby, I've especially rewatched it yesterday. Though I'd like to see them work out their issues, especially now with Alejandro's murder.

By the way, how many times has she been married? Because when she came to the WL, Gaby said something about her being kicked out by her beau again, another one, lol. So how long was she with that bastar Alejandro?

Edited on 05/18/2011 4:38am

Zazawie

[30]May 18, 2011

For the first time, DH is getting competition for its female viewing. CBS has moved The Good Wife from Tuesdays to Sundays 9pm this Fall, placing it opposite our show.

I wonder how this will affect the ratings, since Body of Proof was already weaker everytime it aired against The Good Wife. But unlike DH it's a procedural, so maybe the audience could still be a little different.

Edited on 05/18/2011 7:08am

NovemberRose

[31]May 18, 2011
    Zazawie wrote:

For the first time, DH is getting competition for its female viewing. CBS has moved The Good Wife from Tuesdays to Sundays 9pm this Fall, placing it opposite our show.

I wonder how this will affect the ratings, since Body of Proof was already weaker everytime it aired against The Good Wife. But unlike DH it's a procedural, so maybe the audience could still be a little different.

It could also bring DH more viewers. The Good Wife fan base will be brought to Sunday and it can give the chance for them to stumble upon DH. But then again same could go for TGW in the form of DH viewers It's a real win-lose situation

Edie70

[32]May 18, 2011

"The Good Wife" was totally lead-in dependant on "NCIS: LA". When it got over 15 mil, TGW got over 12. When "NCIS: LA" used to get 14 for lower eps, then TGW got over 10, low 11s. So, I could see it pulling in about 9-11 million.

Zazawie

[33]May 23, 2011

A couple of BTS pictures of the forest scene in the S7 finale, including Gaby threatening Alejandro with a good old cup of coffee.

Arno_00

[34]May 28, 2011
    Spoilers from the DH Tripod :

:
    Tom and Lynette will separate; one or both of the couple may begin dating again. Renee may still be interested in Tom, and they may introduce a new woman at Tom's job. As for the season 7 cliffhanger . . . the women's immediate problem will be to get rid of the body.

rentlover1

[35]May 28, 2011

YAY! Spoilers already!!!!

I could see the dating storyline coming. Dont know why it would happen so fast though. They were married for 20 years, wouldn't you take the time to lick your wounds first. I reckon Tom will start dating, Lynette will find out and try to make him jealous. And dah Renee's still into him- YAY drama approaching! Does anyone else feel the big reveal about Renee and Tom having sex would have been a much bigger deal had they known Season 8 was on the way?

As for the disposal of the body, I hope they toss the box into the lake like Paul did as a nice little throw back. Or they could use the mysteries of the past for reference and be like:

Carlos: Where are we going to dump him?

Lynette: What about we dump him in the forest?

Gabby: No he'll be discovered if we bury him in the woods. Remember Martha?

Bree: Ooo or we could dump him in the chest into Rockwater lake?

Susan: Paul tried that, didn't work.

Carlos: Well there has to be somewhere.

Bree: CLAY! We could bury him in clay!

Lynette: Yes. Thats a great idea I know this spot where we could-

Bree: Oh no... wait... but ifconstructionworkers choose that area in the future and start to dig then we'll have a Monique Polier all over again.

Susan: Wow. Covering up a murder is hard.

Gabby: Wish we couldjustblow this place up like Angie did.

-Carlos gives her a look.

Gabby: Hey I'm just saying. It'd save the hassle.

;p

Edited on 05/29/2011 5:09am

Arno_00

[36]May 28, 2011
    ^ LOL!!! That'd be hilarious, the weirdest thing is that I could totally picture Gaby saying that -- that'd be awesome!

rentlover1

[37]May 29, 2011

I could hear Terry Hatcher as Susan saying: 'covering up a murder is hard'. I kept hearing her saying 'planning a fake marriage is hard' from the end of Season 5 where she's talking to Jackson about their shame wedding so that inspired me when I wrote that line.

I just think the housewives have witnessed or discovered so many mysteries, especially regarding covered up murders that it would just make so much sense for them to refer back to the past to work out what not to do with Alejandro's body.

Zazawie

[38]May 30, 2011

There was an article in my newspaper today about how grieving mothers, whose child has died, are buying lifelike dolls and nurture those to give it a place.

I always felt like Gaby's doll storyline was forced, but I guess it was more realistic than I thought.

Edited on 05/30/2011 11:31am
    Edited 2 total times.

RenatoB

[39]May 30, 2011

In this article, executive producer Bob Daily teases us about what'll be going down in season 8 of the show, although he gives next to nothing away, which is only to be expected at this point in time.

I'm kinda disappointed that Lynette and Tom are not divorcing. Hopefully, the story can be fresh and good without them officially not ending their marriage, and they won't find their way back to one another so soon.

rentlover1

[40]Jun 6, 2011

I agree. What a let down to reveal such a major plot line in an interview as well. Perhaps they got lots of angry fan mail so it was felt they had to reassure fans it would all work out ok, but who cares. It was the only other cliff hanger of Season 7 besides the (spoiler) body cover up storyline (felt I should keep in blank for those who haven't seen the finale yet) and therefore it shouldn't have been revealed they aren't splitting.

It also means for them the start of Season 8 will really be filler as opposed to something that could change the shape of the series. It would be refreshing if one of the main couples didn't end up back together for once. It just makes it such a pointless exercise to break them up in the first place eg: Susan and Mike in Season 5 (although I loved the backlash with Katherine's breakdown). Hopefully theirseparationwill have plenty of backlash we can enjoy like Renee and Lynette going head to head.