Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

The Final Season spoiler topic

Edie70

[4401]Jun 14, 2012
    • level: 19
    The Emmys will be broadcast on ABC this year so there's a huge chance of some tribute or the ladies presenting for the last time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Zazawie

[4402]Jun 15, 2012

DH was the most watched comedy tv series in the world in 2011, gathering 40.8 million viewers worldwide, passing by The Big Bang Theory and some Ukranian tv show (spoilertv).

Daniel777C

[4403]Jun 15, 2012
    • level: 31
    Edie70 wrote:
    The Emmys will be broadcast on ABC this year so there's a huge chance of some tribute or the ladies presenting for the last time.

I would love that. Maybe a joke about the gifts to the crew. The other girls could present the Emmy and then Teri could give the winner a gift of her own.

Edie70

[4404]Jun 15, 2012
    LOL. And then she'd get slapped by Mr. Cherry

NiallB31

[4405]Jun 22, 2012
    • level: 8

Devious Maids has been picked up by Lifetime for a 13 episode season 1 for a 2013 premiere.

Edie70

[4406]Jun 22, 2012
    I've already received a casting call to my e-mail. Let's wait and see, maybe you'll see me there lol.

RenatoB

[4407]Jun 22, 2012
    • level: 43
    Now that you teased it, it has to happen. Or I will be very disappointed in you. Can you live with that? No. The answer is no.

We need to start talking more, people! Where's our regulars? Where's Daniel? Did he go and kill himself again?

Edie70

[4408]Jun 22, 2012
    Renato, your dark and twisted mind is killin' me and I don't think I can ever audition for Cherry again his facial expressions were killing me the last time and especially when I told him how unhappy people were with DH he looked like a Southern lady on steroids. Wind on the other hand, she's kind but ... I could never take that woman seriously with her crazy hair and weed-smoking face

Edie70

[4409]Jun 23, 2012

Lifetime began exploring the possibility of a Devious Maids pickup right after ABC passed on the pilot in May. The cable network and producer ABC Studios, which have a longstanding relationship via Lifetime's flagship drama Army Wives, which is produced by ABC Studios, spent the last month trying to make the series, developed and budgeted for broadcast, viable economically on cable. I hear that included asking some actors to take pay cuts and reworking their deals to cable residuals terms and moving production to Georgia, among other things. "Devious Maids is a perfect series for ABC Studios to continue its successful collaboration with the incredibly talented team at Lifetime," said Barry Jossen, ABC Studios' EVP of Creative and Production.

Devious Maids will be executive produced by Cherry, who wrote the adaptation, his producing partner Sabrina Wind, Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria, Paul McGuigan (Scandal), Larry Shuman (Kissing Miranda), David Lonner, John Mass, Paul Presburger and Michael Garcia. At Lifetime, Devious Maids will join Army Wives and fellow scripted series The Client List and Drop Dead Diva. The pickup restores Cherry's presence on Lifetime, which was the off-network home of his recently departed Desperate Housewives. It also provides a happy-ish ending for actress Mariana Klaveno who was recently cast as Lily Munster in the NBC pilot Mockingbird Lane but couldn't do it because Devious Maids, where she plays a supporting role, wouldn't release her.

Daniel777C

[4410]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 31
    RenatoB wrote:
    We need to start talking more, people! Where's our regulars? Where's Daniel? Did he go and kill himself again?

Like some of our DH cast I moved on to Dallas y'all!
    But don't worry I'll continue to haunt Wisteria Lane.

Looking forward to Desperate Housekeepers. Seriously, why isn't it called that?

Edie70

[4411]Jun 23, 2012
    I keep seeing you on the Dallas forum threads so I knew you didn't die for the second time.

RenatoB

[4412]Jun 24, 2012
    Oh yeah, I totes forgot about Dallas. Have to check that out sometime. Maybe Marc has forgotten about you, Dennis. And Sabrina probably forgets everyone, being high all the time.

Edie70

[4413]Jun 24, 2012
    Hopefully. Plus he's not present for non-pilot episode casting sessions.

MarkoTodorovi

[4414]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 4
    I hope you will like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O3w77W5pMk

Edie70

[4415]Jun 25, 2012
    Such a beautiful video. Karen was so sweet at the end but that poem's meaning is completely changed now. I had to think of Kathy herself. Still saddened by her sudden death.

mrgravey

[4416]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 2

Here's some fresh tea to try and keep this forum alive.

The innards of The Complete Collection have been revealed and it looks ah-mazong!!!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m68ii9FGJR1qd0o2wo1_1280.jpg

Would have been nice if there was a blu-ray edition. And they maybe could have picked better pictures, but overall it's looking good.

Also Teri was spotted with her new haircut and she looks an absolute mess.

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2012526//reg_634.teri.cm.62612.jpg

Discuss!

Edit: Also note how Edie has been cropped out of most of the group pictures visible. No surprises there.

Edited on 07/01/2012 12:07pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Edie70

[4417]Jul 1, 2012
    Edie / Nicollette Sheridan was cropped out because of monetary and copyright issues. An actress (she was no longer contracted at the time) needs to give her permission or they just put her in there and pay her for including her pics (she's still paid for the DVD sales though thanks to the residuals). That's how it works. Still makes me sad that both parts cannot even pretend to be professional. If they did she's be included in the finale just to make us fans happy. But don't even get me started. I'm being very sensitive regarding this touchy subject. And as I've said before - Teri looked terrible at that event. Her hair is such a hot mess.

RenatoB

[4418]Jul 2, 2012
    Please tell me they didn't replace Edie in the episodes with a digitally-introduced blow-up doll. The innards look AWESOME!! I need to have that! I just need it! I NEED IT!!!!!!

RenatoB

[4419]Jul 2, 2012
    Also, am I the only one surprised that they actually did a special featurette about Marc Cherry's cameo? Talk about hogging the spotlight.

Edie70

[4420]Jul 3, 2012
    RenatoB wrote:
    Also, am I the only one surprised that they actually did a special featurette about Marc Cherry's cameo? Talk about hogging the spotlight.
    Oh, they did? Why am I not surprised?