Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

The Final Season spoiler topic

rentlover1

[61]Jun 22, 2011
    • level: 8

While we're still on the topic of characters with similar job descriptions and character traits can I point out that both Bree's stalker (George) and Susan's stalker (whats his name from Season 7 who wanted to give her a kidney) were both inpharmaceutics.

George was aPharmacistandwhat'shis name soldPharmaceuticals. lol. I think someone in the writing crew had a bad experience with a pharmacist in their past and has projected it into the show. lol.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Zazawie

[62]Jun 23, 2011
    • level: 19

FOX has released its Fall schedule and Kevin Rahm's new show is the last one to premiere, November 23.

I wonder what this means for his part on DH, since premiering this late will most likely minimize the episode count of that new show.

Arno_00

[63]Jun 24, 2011
    • level: 7
    Finally the spoiler became a bit more interesting, now I'm a little bit more curious about Ben's story. Because "he's got a teenage daughter and he may be interested in one of the Wisteria Lane women." (info from the tripod) I have a feeling he'll be interested in Lynette and now I'm almost sure and hope that the core of the mystery will revolve/be about not Ben himself but his daughter and/or even an ex(?)-wife. Yay! Waiting for some other news, maybe a casting one, haha, I'm so anxious.

Zazawie

[64]Jun 27, 2011

"Good news, everyone!"

Desperate Housewives' eight season will premiere Sunday, September 25 2011 at 9/8c on ABC.

The same night marks the premiere of Extreme Home Makeover (2-hour edition) and new show Pan Am.

DH's other companion show, Once Upon A Time, won't premiere until October 23. Feel free to discuss on how ABC will fill its 8 p.m. slot until then.

On a side-related note: Grey's Anatomy has a 2-hour premiere, I wish DH would get one too. Next year, final season perhaps?

Source: spoilertv

Edited on 06/27/2011 12:22pm
    Edited 2 total times.

RenatoB

[65]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 43
    I wish DH would get a 2-hour premiere as well... in 7 years (8 with this one, I guess), that has never happened. And it would make sense this fall: how are they gonna cram the ongoing problems of the 'wives, the disposal of the body and the introduction of the new characters/mystery stars into 42 minutes?

RenatoB

[66]Jun 27, 2011
    Wouldn't it be kinda cool if Alejandro were to be buried alive like Nikki and Paulo from "Lost"? And the characters would eventually find out towards the end of the season that his death could've been avoided. I don't know, maybe it wouldn't be too original, but considering Martha was also buried alive, it'd prove to be a nice little homage as well.

Zazawie

[67]Jun 29, 2011

Another recycled storyline (or at least idea): there's a new man on the street, possibly Ben, who Renee sets her eye on because she thinks he's a child molester.

While it doesn't look to be going in the same direction as Art in season 3, I'm still surprised they're adding a love interest for Renee. No Tom-Renee couple then?

RenatoB

[68]Jun 29, 2011
    Zazawie wrote:

Another recycled storyline (or at least idea): there's a new man on the street, possibly Ben, who Renee sets her eye on because she thinks he's a child molester.

While it doesn't look to be going in the same direction as Art in season 3, I'm still surprised they're adding a love interest for Renee. No Tom-Renee couple then?

I don't think there's anything about that statement that indicates she'll be romantically interested in him. If anything, it directly contradicts that, right? I'll be very disappointed if Renee and Tom don't hook up. That needs to happen. She still loved him after 20 years, that story never really went anywhere and if it doesn't happen we will be proven once and for all she is not the "vixen" we all expected her to be, if she can't go after a left-over she actually noticed when he was still married.

RenatoB

[69]Jun 29, 2011
    I'm also intrigued/thrown off by this child molester thing. Art's story was amazing, and Marc Cherry had said he probably wouldn't wanna delve into that dark territory again because he got away with it the first time around, but wasn't sure if he could succeed again. I wouldn't mind it if Art came back and Lynette went nuts, but to bring in a new presumed child molester... yes, it feels too much like a recycled storyline. Also, out of all the people that could be on to him, they assigned the woman who brought a baby to a fancy restaurant and handed her away to a complete stranger (who could eat babies, you never know) or that refers to school kids as "creepy creatures"? "Hey, we have 10 minutes to spare in this episode and Renee hasn't done much yet."; "Hook her up with a pedophile."; "OMG! You're such a genius, that's an awesome idea, makes perfect sense!"

Zazawie

[70]Jun 29, 2011

They don't say it directly that he'll hook up with Renee, but it seemed to me the 'charming' part indicates something like that.

And hey, they could make a nice criminal couple. She doesn't like kids, maybe she can help him molest kids.Tongue out

Okay, now that would be too dark and not redeemable, even for Renee.Tongue out

RenatoB

[71]Jun 29, 2011
    Zazawie wrote:

They don't say it directly that he'll hook up with Renee, but it seemed to me the 'charming' part indicates something like that.

And hey, they could make a nice criminal couple. She doesn't like kids, maybe she can help him molest kids.Tongue out

Okay, now that would be too dark and not redeemable, even for Renee.Tongue out

LOL that'd be awful. XP

rentlover1

[72]Jun 29, 2011

Perhaps Renee goes on a date with him but his strange behaviour makes her believe he could be a child molester but in fact it is something completely to thecontrary. Remember in Season 4 we were lead to believe Katherine's ex husband was a childrapistin Episode 3 when in fact she simply lead everyone to think that so they would stop asking questions about her past.

Ben, if he is indeed the centre of a new mystery, may appear to be shifty around children which we later learn has to do with something totally different.

On the other hand what if his teenage daughter is actually his lover and they came to Wisteria Lane to escape the outrage of their old community who shunned them for being together? I could see that leading to Julie returning and confronting the girl in order to explain to her that dating older men will only get her heart broken and when she leaves Ben he turns on Susan's family. Just some thoughts

RenatoB

[73]Jun 30, 2011
    rentlover1 wrote:

Perhaps Renee goes on a date with him but his strange behaviour makes her believe he could be a child molester but in fact it is something completely to thecontrary. Remember in Season 4 we were lead to believe Katherine's ex husband was a childrapistin Episode 3 when in fact she simply lead everyone to think that so they would stop asking questions about her past.

Ben, if he is indeed the centre of a new mystery, may appear to be shifty around children which we later learn has to do with something totally different.

On the other hand what if his teenage daughter is actually his lover and they came to Wisteria Lane to escape the outrage of their old community who shunned them for being together? I could see that leading to Julie returning and confronting the girl in order to explain to her that dating older men will only get her heart broken and when she leaves Ben he turns on Susan's family. Just some thoughts

I'd like some incest on DH, I don't think they've done that before. And yes, I realize how awful that phrase sounded. I don't care, I won't scandal. XP

Julie being back was the icing on the cake. But where did you hear that he has a teenage daughter? I must've missed that, or I've forgotten about it.

RenatoB

[74]Jun 30, 2011
    ^^Oh, nevermind, I've seen it.

rentlover1

[75]Jun 30, 2011

Wasn't really considering incest. More like a teacher and his student hooking up that is clearly frowned upon by their community so they run away. In order to prevent the same scandal from branding them in Fairview they appear to the outside world to be father and daughter but behind closed doors are really lovers.

Edited on 06/30/2011 4:47am

RenatoB

[76]Jun 30, 2011
    rentlover1 wrote:

Wasn't really considering incest. More like a teacher and his student hooking up that is clearly frowned upon by their community so they run away. In order to prevent the same scandal from branding them in Fairview they appear to the outside world to be father and daughter but behind closed doors are really lovers.

That's good too. XP

Zazawie

[77]Jul 1, 2011

Some little tidbits on the premiere, including something about two Catholic priests and a confession...

My best guess is either Gaby or Carlos (probably the latter) is going to confess the murder.

RenatoB

[78]Jul 1, 2011
    Zazawie wrote:

Some little tidbits on the premiere, including something about two Catholic priests and a confession...

My best guess is either Gaby or Carlos (probably the latter) is going to confess the murder.

Susan...? Is she Catholic? I know Gabrielle and Lynette are, whereas Bree is presbyterian. Was the minister that married Susan and Mike (twice) a Catholic figure?

Ok, I just saw the teasers, and it says "his confession", so it must be Carlos. I always had in the back of my head that Susan would be the one to slip and tell everyone about what happened. I still kinda hope that happens. I mean, I want to be surprised, and if someone else were to do that I'd be surprised, but I also want to see my Susan screwing up.

RenatoB

[79]Jul 1, 2011

Episode 8.01:

"Will Chuck (Jonathan Cake) discover evidence of what happened to Alejandro in the trunk of Bree's car? That becomes a distinct possibility when Bree gives him a ride to the police station and a smell becomes noticeable.

Gabrielle is worried about Carlos's emotional state after what happened to Alejandro. She seeks the help of a priest in hopes he'll listen to Carlos's confession and absolve him."

General spoilers:

Tom and Lynette will separate; one or both of the couple may begin dating again. Renee may still be interested in Tom, and they may introduce a new woman at Tom's job.

Source: DH Tripod

Zazawie

[80]Jul 2, 2011

^Yeah, I was right about CarlosTongue out

And Bree having evidence in her car? That's a beginner's mistake, Bree. At least take someone else's car if you're gonna move a dead bodyTongue out