Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

The Final Season spoiler topic

Arno_00

[81]Jul 2, 2011
    • level: 7
    Yeah, as Gabby said 'you're getting sloppy, you know', Bree?! I mean -- you've have had enough experience to avoid mistakes like these.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Zazawie

[82]Jul 6, 2011
    • level: 19

Still no confirmation she's on the show, but Susan Lucci is definitely in talks for joining DH.

+ there's a little more to Carlos's confession then we thought. Apparently, Gaby will resort to another crime to make sure her husband can move on - by kidnapping the priest (spoilertv).

Edited on 07/06/2011 4:19am

RenatoB

[83]Jul 6, 2011
    • level: 43
    Zazawie wrote:

Still no confirmation she's on the show, but Susan Lucci is definitely in talks for joining DH.

+ there's a little more to Carlos's confession then we thought. Apparently, Gaby will resort to another crime to make sure her husband can move on - by kidnapping the priest (spoilertv).

I'm sure it'll be a kidnapping a la Susan's kidnapping of Mike in 3.05.

Zazawie

[84]Jul 6, 2011

I know, it's definitely going to be something comedic, but I doubt the priest will be as willing to go along as Mike was.Tongue out

mobbs456

[85]Jul 7, 2011
    • level: 16

Can the title card be updated for season eight to include fresh pictures of the wives and Vanessa Williams?

The wives have evolved so much since season one and they have aged too!

RenatoB

[86]Jul 7, 2011
    mobbs456 wrote:

Can the title card be updated for season eight to include fresh pictures of the wives and Vanessa Williams?

The wives have evolved so much since season one and they have aged too!

I couldn't agree less, I wouldn't like the title card to change this later on in the series. If they had done one per season, all right, but seven years with the same title card, one gets accostumed to it.

Also, they have aged? I beg to differ. Check out Felicity Huffman in season 1 and Felicity Huffman in season 7. Make the comparison. Which one looks older? They have evolved, yes (Marcia looks nothing like she did in season 1), but not necessarily aged. Eva does look older sometimes, but in the very next scene of hers she will be stunning again so we forget about it. The years have passed, but not for them. Even Kathryn Joosten looks younger now than she did in season 1.

Zazawie

[87]Jul 8, 2011

Off topic, but with so many DH alums, I can't ignore this:

here are a few promo pictures for the Dallas reboot, scheduled to air in the Summer of 2012 on TNT. Brenda Strong and former DH castmembers Jesse Metcalfe and Josh Henderson and guest star Larry Hagman are all included in the new show's main cast.

The production value looks pretty decent and the show itself less cheesy than I imagined, I might give it a shot. A little disappointing how it's so far away, I would've liked it as a DH replacement for this Summer.Tongue out

RenatoB

[88]Jul 8, 2011
    Any word on whether Brenda Strong is returning as a regular on DH? Can someone ask Ausiello or something? (I tried a few times, to no avail)

How come no one is concerned about that?

RenatoB

[89]Jul 8, 2011

Charles Mesure (I know him for playing Bryan, Shannon's romantic interest in episode 1.13 of "Lost") is joining the cast of DH as Ben, the previously announced regular character, as well as possible romantic interest for Renee and mystery star. And Mike 2.0 and paedophile, he's all that.

The casting of his on-screen daughter is yet to be announced. I suppose the role will be regular too, a la Lyndsy Fonseca's Dylan in season 4.

Edited on 07/08/2011 3:32pm

Zazawie

[90]Jul 9, 2011

I imagined someone younger-looking for the role of Ben. I haven't seen too much of him in the past, but he just looks like someone who is there, but doesn't attract much of the attention. A lot like the other males on the street, I guess.Tongue out

I hope they're gonna play him out against Tom, since they're both supposed to be going after Renee. As long as it doesn't take too much attention away from the main storylines, I'm good with it. Vanessa deserves some more material for this season, since she was severely underused last season.

RenatoB

[91]Jul 9, 2011
    ^^I had never thought of that, Tom and "Ben" (presumably, as name might change) going up against one another in Renee's name would be awesome!

rentlover1

[92]Jul 10, 2011
    • level: 8

Or flip flopping back and fourth between Renee and Lynette. You know they both go for Renee then Tom gets Renee but then is jealous when Ben decides to go out with Lynette. A little love square never hurt and at least it would be different from the old Susan love triangle we got so used to (and sick of) seeing.

I just want Lynette to have a real plot this year. Last year was just a mash up of one off episode plot lines and she only got a cohesive (sadly repetative) storyline in the final episodes leading up to her divorce (well independing divorce).

RenatoB

[93]Jul 11, 2011
    Susan was involved in a romantic square (Susan, Mike, Katherine, Jackson). And I didn't get sick of it. Being in love with two men was always one of Susan's charms.

rentlover1

[94]Jul 11, 2011

That is true. Forgot about that. I only remembered Mike, Katherine, Susan triangle- Jackson was kinda forgettable to me. But that was very cool to watch. So as we can see it works so they shoulddefinitelytry that with Lynette and Renee.

RenatoB

[95]Jul 11, 2011
    I thought you were actually referring to Susan, Mike and Ian (Jane was kind of a forgettable prop in that story). But there was also Susan, Mike, Karl, Edie and Ron. A quintet right there. Episode 2.17 is a nice example of that (although Edie was absent from that one, but she was still engaged to Karl).

Susan Mayer has all the men chasing her. And all the women wanting to scratch her face off.

Zazawie

[96]Jul 11, 2011

When Vanessa Williams is in the make up chair, you know filming season has begun (just joking, VanessaTongue out)

Our first peek behind the scenes of season 8!

NovemberRose

[97]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 7
    Desperate Housewives might end with a bang this season 8 rather than stretching it to a ninth season. We might get to know our answers by August 8.

"The ladies of Wisteria Lane might want to call in the moving vans. ABC and the producers behind long-running Sunday-night soap Desperate Housewives could decide in a few weeks if the show's upcoming eighth season will be its last.

Creator Marc Cherry and executive producer Bob Daily are both signed to remain with the series through the season, as well as a potential ninth season. But rumblings have started that the producers and network may decide to go out with a bang this year rather than stretch things. Nothing's been decided yet, but ABC knows the question will be a key one when the network meets with reporters on August 7 at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour. That's why some insiders believe a decision could be made by then."

Source: TV Guide

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/07/desperate-housewives-season-eight-may.html#ixzz1RskW2zhT

Zazawie

[98]Jul 12, 2011

It'd be a good thing. It's time to say goodbye, especially now that last season dealt with a lot of stories from the first seasons and this season will involve something that binds all housewives. This also confirms Cherry's still on board.

It's good they're at least thinking about it, that way they can prepare it and promote the season as the final one, making sure the show has a good ending instead of one grasped together a month before the season ends.

I hope they bite the bullet, make the decision. It'd make me respect ABC a bit more, if they have the courage to say goodbye to one of their big ones.

RenatoB

[99]Jul 12, 2011
    I'm not ready yet.

rentlover1

[100]Jul 12, 2011

This will give me exactly what I wanted. Four Seasons before the time jump and four seasons after the time jump.

While I love the idea of Season 9, part of me wants the series to end sooner so that it can go out with a bang. As it was already said its better they know the show is ending at the start of the season so they can make it the best season they can as opposed to torturing us like they did at the start of the year.

Myinitialresponse is maybe its the right thing to do but I think when the time comes Ill still be begging for more. I love these characters so much.