Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

The Final Season spoiler topic

Zazawie

[101]Jul 13, 2011
    • level: 19

Looks like Gaby and Carlos are getting some action: on set pictures of Eva and Ricardo.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RenatoB

[102]Jul 13, 2011
    • level: 43
    Zazawie wrote:

Looks like Gaby and Carlos are getting some action: on set pictures of Eva and Ricardo.

Why did you say it like that? What action?

RenatoB

[103]Jul 13, 2011
    This bit of news talks about how the "Dallas" remake/spin-off is full of DH castaways, and they refer to Brenda Strong as a knockoff as well. I find it sleazy how they refer to the actors as "rejects" (although it is, to some extent, true, particularly in Josh's case as he was written out in his 11th appearance). But what about Brenda? Why are they referring to her as a knockoff? And why the hell are people so focused on who's joining the cast and whether this'll be the last season and no one cares to ask if Brenda's coming back as a series regular? I'm pretty sure she will, but I'd sleep easier at night if I knew for sure!! I'm worried!!

Zazawie

[104]Jul 14, 2011

Eva seems to be running in the pictures, that's why I said 'action'.Tongue out

And I'm 100% sure Brenda remains on DH: the same question was asked about Kristen Bell earlier this week (Ausiello mentioned it, I believe), because she has a new show in which she'll appear physically, but she has the voice-over gig at Gossip Girl. He said that there's no way she'd have to drop GG because of the new show.

The same counts for Brenda, I'm sure. Also, Dallas is only scheduled to film 10 episodes, while the first one has clearly been shot already (since there's a promo). Her gig for voice-overs on DH is definitely not in peril, and Dallas' first season will probably finish filming long before DH's eight season, still giving her the possibility to make a physical appearance on DH.

Edited on 07/14/2011 5:40am

NovemberRose

[105]Jul 14, 2011
    • level: 7
    I'm liking the idea of DH ending in season 8 and if they decide early on, they will have plenty of time to come up with a fantastic final season. I mean they have one big storyline involving all the ladies which is good which can also lead in for the final moments of the season most definitely has to be done. I want like a traditional musical with numbers relating to the situation rather than cover songs that don't quite cover it. If its the shows last season it I also want them to go all out this season with lots of guest stars (significant ones at least) to return like Katherine and Robin(since Julie Benz is pretty much available since her show got cancelled). I want Dylan to make an appearance as well, and I want Julie back on the lane as well as more Andrew. I want all the characters to have at least 1 good/decent storyline and I want them to maximize the use of the new characters. Not to many filler episodes as well and make use of the entire season to tell the story the had planned out.

I want the last season to be just as good or even better than the best season(subjective) they had in the past.

Zazawie

[106]Jul 14, 2011

The Emmy nominations were announced today and DH got ONE nomination:

Outstanding voice-over performance: Brenda Strong for "Come On Over for Dinner"

I guess the academy wasn't impressed by Vanessa this year.

Zazawie

[107]Jul 14, 2011

What Angie Bolen should've been: see Drea de Matteo get her New Jersey on in this parody video by Funny or Die.

Gotta love those New Jersey housewivesTongue out

RenatoB

[108]Jul 14, 2011
    Zazawie wrote:

The Emmy nominations were announced today and DH got ONE nomination:

Outstanding voice-over performance: Brenda Strong for "Come On Over for Dinner"

I guess the academy wasn't impressed by Vanessa this year.

I'm very surprised by that. Brenda was never nominated in that category, that usually goes out to people who do the voices on cartoon shows such as "The Simpsons". Also, she doesn't narrate that often nowadays (for shame), she used to narrate a lot more throughout the episodes in seasons 1-2, so this nomination surprises me all the more because of that. Good for her, though.

I'm disappointed that neither Kathryn, Vanessa nor the crew were nominated.

RenatoB

[109]Jul 14, 2011
    Zazawie wrote:

What Angie Bolen should've been: see Drea de Matteo get her New Jersey on in this parody video by Funny or Die.

Gotta love those New Jersey housewivesTongue out

Ah ah that was hilarious!! XD I loved Drea's tiny dinner party.

rentlover1

[110]Jul 14, 2011
    • level: 8

If it is the last season I would love an appearance from Ana and Danny, since Gabby and Carlos aree Ana'sde-factoparents. I'd also like to see Angie return as well for an episode. Whenever the final season is I agree we need plenty of guest stars. Katherine's story needs to be tied up correctly (even one episode more with Katherine would be amazing) and also I want to have closure with Lynette and Susan's Mum's storylines from last season.

Marmalade11

[111]Jul 15, 2011
    • level: 10

Ugh, these spoilers for Episode 2 sound atrocious!

8-2 October 2

Carlos can't perform sexually, so Gabrielle hires a stripper to teach her how to use a stripper pole that has been installed in the Solis's bedroom.

One of the women (Susan?) feels guilty, so she seeks out punishment in any form she can find.

Renee serves food at a senior center and she bonds with one of the elderly women (McCluskey?).

Taken from DH tripod.

http://desperate-housewives.tripod.com/id3.html

Edited on 07/14/2011 11:45pm

RenatoB

[112]Jul 15, 2011
    ^^I agree, I was just on my way from that site to here to rant about that. Seriously? Two episodes into the season and Gabrielle's story after having to conceal her stepfather's body revolves around a stripper pole? I hate the prospect of that, I am very disappointed if they go straight to comedy with that storyline. Even the whole priest thing in episode 1 threw me off a bit, because you just know Gaby's gonna do something funny about that when she "kidnaps" him. I'm starting to think we are only gonna see the disposal of the body in brief flashbacks in the teaser or so, when I wanted to see that actually happening as the main story. Again, I am hugely disappointed. Needless to say, I'll have a "wait-and-see" attitude when the time's right. But now, I needed to vent out.

Zazawie

[113]Jul 15, 2011
    rentlover1 wrote:

If it is the last season I would love an appearance from Ana and Danny, since Gabby and Carlos aree Ana'sde-factoparents. I'd also like to see Angie return as well for an episode. Whenever the final season is I agree we need plenty of guest stars. Katherine's story needs to be tied up correctly (even one episode more with Katherine would be amazing) and also I want to have closure with Lynette and Susan's Mum's storylines from last season.

A few years ago, Marc Cherry said that he wanted to have throwbacks to all the mysteries in the final season or the final episode. Another reason why I hope they know they're ending the show ahead, so they have enough time to some of those former main castmembers back one last time. Although I have a feeling some (read: Alfre Woodard, Nicolette) won't be coming back anyways.

Marmalade11

[114]Jul 15, 2011
    Well judging by the spoilers for this season, I really hope it's the last. Even I could write better for season 8. If this season is too bad, I'll just pretend that it doesn't exist...

RenatoB

[115]Jul 15, 2011
    Why wouldn't Alfre Woodard agree to make a guest cameo? Didn't she have fun on DH? I didn't start following spoilers and interviews till season 3, so I honestly don't know.

RenatoB

[116]Jul 15, 2011
    I would say that Bree would be the one to seek out punishment, rather than Susan. Bree will do anything to do right by her God, and Reverend Sikes.

Zazawie

[117]Jul 15, 2011
    Wasn't there a topic a few months ago on an article with Alfre, being not very enthousiastic about returning? I seem to remember something like that, although I'm not 100% sure. I thought she wasn't very happy with what her character turned out to be and that it also didn't portray black people very positively.

You never know of course, aside from Alfre - which I don't know for sure - I think every former main castmember had a good time on set: Mark Moses (otherwise he wouldn't return), Kyle MacLachlan, Dana Delany, Neal McDonough, Drea de Matteo,... The only one I'm sure of who wouldn't want to return is Nicolette, and perhaps Neal, because he got dragged into that drama a little as well.

Marmalade11

[118]Jul 15, 2011
    You're right it probably is Bree. Idk why I thought it would have been Susan. I just don't like how they're beginning the season with a load of filler plots...and there is no mention of Ben so any idea as to when they'll introduce his character? And that actor who plays him is not handsome ... at all.

RenatoB

[119]Jul 15, 2011
    Zazawie wrote:
    Wasn't there a topic a few months ago on an article with Alfre, being not very enthousiastic about returning? I seem to remember something like that, although I'm not 100% sure. I thought she wasn't very happy with what her character turned out to be and that it also didn't portray black people very positively.

You never know of course, aside from Alfre - which I don't know for sure - I think every former main castmember had a good time on set: Mark Moses (otherwise he wouldn't return), Kyle MacLachlan, Dana Delany, Neal McDonough, Drea de Matteo,... The only one I'm sure of who wouldn't want to return is Nicollette, and perhaps Neal, because he got dragged into that drama a little as well.

I'm sure Neal McDonough wouldn't mind, as he wanted to stay for season 6 as well, he said so in interviews. As for Alfre, I posted that. And I'm sure she would probably turn down a full-time return unless she was desperate (pun intended) because the first round didn't go very well and she agreed to do only one season. However, I don't see why she wouldn't come back for a cameo, I wanna believe she'd be a good sport enough to do that and that she'd have fun doing so.
    Marmalade11 wrote:
    You're right it probably is Bree. Idk why I thought it would have been Susan. I just don't like how they're beginning the season with a load of filler plots...and there is no mention of Ben so any idea as to when they'll introduce his character? And that actor who plays him is not handsome ... at all.

I'm sure "Ben" will be introduced in episode 1. The people who write the spoilers just don't know what he'll be up to yet. I hope they never find out. I don't wanna know. As for him being handsome or not, is that relevant? Is Neal McDonough handsome?

Marmalade11

[120]Jul 15, 2011
    You're right I guess that isn't relevant ... I just thought I'd say that I think he's not handsome, lol. And how would they bring back Neal McDonough on DH?