Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

The Final Season spoiler topic

RenatoB

[121]Jul 15, 2011
    • level: 43
    Marmalade11 wrote:
    You're right I guess that isn't relevant ... I just thought I'd say that I think he's not handsome, lol. And how would they bring back Neal McDonough on DH?

That way Zazawie mentioned, the throwback to all the previous mystery stars.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Marmalade11

[122]Jul 15, 2011
    • level: 10
    More spoilers on Season 8, Episode 2

Parker doesn't come home after a party, and his reasons for not coming home involve alcohol. This further develops the struggle between Tom and Lynette parenting together as they separate.

Taken from: http://desperate-housewives.tripod.com/id3.html

Still not thrilled with season eight.

RenatoB

[123]Jul 16, 2011
    Marmalade11 wrote:
    More spoilers on Season 8, Episode 2

Parker doesn't come home after a party, and his reasons for not coming home involve alcohol. This further develops the struggle between Tom and Lynette parenting together as they separate.

Taken from: http://desperate-housewives.tripod.com/id3.html

Still not thrilled with season eight.

Ditto. Although I'm glad that Parker's getting more of a storyline, he's usually just a bumped up extra.

I'm way too worried about them focusing on the effects of stuff rather than on the actual stuff. Let me make myself clear: when Lynette went back to work in season 2, we wanted to see her in the workplace. However, every other week featured her dealing with the consequences of her absence from home: Tom won't clean up the house, Parker's got an imaginary friend, the twins play outside at night... A similar thing happened with Susan in season 5 when she went back to work, it took 3 episodes for them to actually show a story that originated at work (with the lesbian teacher, Swoosie Kurtz). The writers have a long history of showing us the indirect effects that big changes on the characters' lives have on the aspects of their lives up until that point, when we really want them to focus on the new things. Do we wanna see Carlos burying Alejandro and lying to the cops or do we wanna see him not getting "it" up? I go with the former.

rentlover1

[124]Jul 16, 2011
    • level: 8

The problem housewives has always suffered from is that it is not just drama and its not just comedy. Every episode needs both. The episode where every housewife had a revelation in Season 7 (I believe it was episode 15 when Gabby confronted the nun about her stepfather) was a horrible episode from that point on because every scenes was an emotional one and the whole episode just felt like it dragged and got boring.

As such the comedy plot is necessary and obviously in Episode 2 that role goes to Gabby's plot with Carlos. I do think its dumb that in episode one she seeks out apriestand episode 2 she seeks out a hooker, since both plots are about her seeking others to help her heal Carlos but what can you do? Sadly the writers dont think ahead like they used to and so a lot of episodes have similar little nods to each other.

Zazawie

[125]Jul 16, 2011
    • level: 19

RenatoB wrote:
    I'm way too worried about them focusing on the effects of stuff rather than on the actual stuff. Let me make myself clear: when Lynette went back to work in season 2, we wanted to see her in the workplace. However, every other week featured her dealing with the consequences of her absence from home: Tom won't clean up the house, Parker's got an imaginary friend, the twins play outside at night... A similar thing happened with Susan in season 5 when she went back to work, it took 3 episodes for them to actually show a story that originated at work (with the lesbian teacher, Swoosie Kurtz). The writers have a long history of showing us the indirect effects that big changes on the characters' lives have on the aspects of their lives up until that point, when we really want them to focus on the new things. Do we wanna see Carlos burying Alejandro and lying to the cops or do we wanna see him not getting "it" up? I go with the former.

It's like the game "The Sims". You can have different jobs with different tests at home, but you never see the inside of their workplaceTongue out

(Well, it finally happened in Sims 3, but I dropped out by thenTongue out).

Zazawie

[126]Jul 16, 2011

Two on set pictures of Felicity, Marcia and Eva and some interesting shoes.Tongue out

RenatoB

[127]Jul 16, 2011
    rentlover1 wrote:

The problem housewives has always suffered from is that it is not just drama and its not just comedy. Every episode needs both. The episode where every housewife had a revelation in Season 7 (I believe it was episode 15 when Gabby confronted the nun about her stepfather) was a horrible episode from that point on because every scenes was an emotional one and the whole episode just felt like it dragged and got boring.

As such the comedy plot is necessary and obviously in Episode 2 that role goes to Gabby's plot with Carlos. I do think its dumb that in episode one she seeks out apriestand episode 2 she seeks out a hooker, since both plots are about her seeking others to help her heal Carlos but what can you do? Sadly the writers dont think ahead like they used to and so a lot of episodes have similar little nods to each other

I have to disagree, I think the comedy is usually what kills the episodes/moments. Need I go into that "self-whiping Mexican" bit? Was that even funny on paper?

RenatoB

[128]Jul 16, 2011
    [QUOTE="Zazawie"]

Two on set pictures of Felicity, Marcia and Eva and some interesting shoes./QUOTE]

Boy, I really wish Teri was in that picture... :/

rentlover1

[129]Jul 16, 2011

It is a beautiful shot of them together. Do we think its from the day they shot the opening sequence where they deal with the body? I hope so.

NiallB31

[130]Jul 16, 2011

Has it been confirmed that Susan Lucci is joining the show???

And from reading the spoilers they are not great. Possibly someone has released false spoilers and the writers are trying to cover bigger storylines they have planned.

I really don't know what to expect this season except for Gabby's step-father and Tom and Lynettes seperation storylines.

I don't know what will happen with Bree, Susan and Renee as they didn't have any cliffhangers last season.

But I hope Tom and Renee get together. I don't know why but I want this to happen.

Edited on 07/16/2011 6:17am

Zazawie

[131]Jul 16, 2011
    NiallB31 wrote:

Has it been confirmed that Susan Lucci is joining the show???

And from reading the spoilers they are not great. Possibly someone has released false spoilers and the writers are trying to cover bigger storylines they have planned.

I really don't know what to expect this season except for Gabby's step-father and Tom and Lynettes seperation storylines.

I don't know what will happen with Bree, Susan and Renee as they didn't have any cliffhangers last season.

But I hope Tom and Renee get together. I don't know why but I want this to happen.

Susan Lucci still hasn't been confirmed, but two weeks ago she said that she was in talks for joining the show. No word since then.

And I doubt Alejandro's death is going to be a big plot in the first part of the season. DH has pulled stunts like this before: a big cliffhanger and then put it on the backburner. I hope it'll at least play a big part in the season's ending.

And Bree didn't have a cliffhanger, but there was some foreshadowing that Chuck will be suspecting something. That spoiler about the smell in her trunk in 8.01 confirms that.

RenatoB

[132]Jul 16, 2011
    Would Susan Lucci join the show in recurring capacity? Because the series has started filming without her, and DH has never added "starring" castmembers midway through the season.

Zazawie

[133]Jul 16, 2011
    Yeah, if she's not on the show by now, she probably won't be more than a guest star.

But perhaps ABC is waiting to make a decision until they're sure about the show's future: I'd prefer it too if they didn't add a main character in the last season anymore. Charmed (since we're still at that topic) had a very weak final season because of the addition of Billie (Kaley Cuoco). I'd rather have the focus on our housewives if this was to be the end, perhaps ABC's thinking the same. And if it is indeed the final season, perhaps there's no need to try to attract more viewers like thaat.

RenatoB

[134]Jul 16, 2011
    I need a 9th season. I need it.

RenatoB

[135]Jul 16, 2011
    A bit off topic, but here it goes anyway: I watched 2.5 episodes of "Body of Proof", and I'm done. It's a terrible, terrible show, filled with stiff characters and the cheesiest lines I've heard on television in a long time. It all makes Dana Delany pass as a bad actress, which we all know she isn't. I couldn't be more disappointed that she left DH for that abomination. I used to joke that I wanted it to get cancelled because that way she could return to our show. Now I'll be frustrated if it keeps getting renewed because it sucks.

Marmalade11

[136]Jul 16, 2011
    • level: 10
    RenatoB wrote:

If Desperate Housewives' eighth season is as bad as it sounds, would you really want a ninth season? lol

txgirl75

[137]Jul 16, 2011
    • level: 23
    Zazawie wrote:

A promotional picture for Kevin Rahm's new show, I Hate My Teenage Daughter, which will be airing after X-Factor and American Idol (= best spot on the schedule).

It looks like he's part of the main cast, I wonder what this'll mean for his role on DH.

Sounds like it will be a good show. horrible title though but i will give it a try.

txgirl75

[138]Jul 16, 2011
    • level: 23
    Marmalade11 wrote:
    RenatoB wrote:

If Desperate Housewives' eighth season is as bad as it sounds, would you really want a ninth season? lol
    DH has lost alot of exciting things. I wihsd they would have explained what Gabby's step dad was doing back in town instead of just killing him. I just feel like the show has lost alot of exciting stuff just something to watch on Sunday nights. I did like Gabby's storyline last season with the switch at birth. That be great if Susan Lucci would join but i Heard that was a just a rumor. Who knows.

rentlover1

[139]Jul 16, 2011

I believe Alejandro's faked death and his reasons for wanting to keep this a secret will come into play next season as part of the mystery. Odds are someone will come looking for him. Perhaps Ben is part of the Alejandro mystery and has come to find him (very Mike Season 1). When he discovers the housewives were responsible for killing him perhaps he may need to take them out or expose their secret.

Mgmble

[140]Jul 16, 2011
    • level: 7

rentlover1 wrote:

I believe Alejandro's faked death and his reasons for wanting to keep this a secret will come into play next season as part of the mystery. Odds are someone will come looking for him. Perhaps Ben is part of the Alejandro mystery and has come to find him (very Mike Season 1). When he discovers the housewives were responsible for killing him perhaps he may need to take them out or expose their secret.

Who is Ben ? Sorry to ask but I can't remember a Ben Embarassed, My memory is terrible Sealed