Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

The Final Season spoiler topic

  • Avatar of RenatoB

    RenatoB

    [121]Jul 15, 2011
    • member since: 10/30/05
    • level: 43
    • rank: K.I.T.T
    • posts: 4,760
    Marmalade11 wrote:
    You're right I guess that isn't relevant ... I just thought I'd say that I think he's not handsome, lol. And how would they bring back Neal McDonough on DH?


    That way Zazawie mentioned, the throwback to all the previous mystery stars.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Marmalade11

    Marmalade11

    [122]Jul 15, 2011
    • member since: 06/01/08
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 275
    More spoilers on Season 8, Episode 2

    Parker doesn't come home after a party, and his reasons for not coming home involve alcohol. This further develops the struggle between Tom and Lynette parenting together as they separate.

    Taken from: http://desperate-housewives.tripod.com/id3.html

    Still not thrilled with season eight.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RenatoB

    RenatoB

    [123]Jul 16, 2011
    • member since: 10/30/05
    • level: 43
    • rank: K.I.T.T
    • posts: 4,760
    Marmalade11 wrote:
    More spoilers on Season 8, Episode 2

    Parker doesn't come home after a party, and his reasons for not coming home involve alcohol. This further develops the struggle between Tom and Lynette parenting together as they separate.

    Taken from: http://desperate-housewives.tripod.com/id3.html

    Still not thrilled with season eight.


    Ditto. Although I'm glad that Parker's getting more of a storyline, he's usually just a bumped up extra.

    I'm way too worried about them focusing on the effects of stuff rather than on the actual stuff. Let me make myself clear: when Lynette went back to work in season 2, we wanted to see her in the workplace. However, every other week featured her dealing with the consequences of her absence from home: Tom won't clean up the house, Parker's got an imaginary friend, the twins play outside at night... A similar thing happened with Susan in season 5 when she went back to work, it took 3 episodes for them to actually show a story that originated at work (with the lesbian teacher, Swoosie Kurtz). The writers have a long history of showing us the indirect effects that big changes on the characters' lives have on the aspects of their lives up until that point, when we really want them to focus on the new things. Do we wanna see Carlos burying Alejandro and lying to the cops or do we wanna see him not getting "it" up? I go with the former.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of rentlover1

    rentlover1

    [124]Jul 16, 2011
    • member since: 12/29/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 406

    The problem housewives has always suffered from is that it is not just drama and its not just comedy. Every episode needs both. The episode where every housewife had a revelation in Season 7 (I believe it was episode 15 when Gabby confronted the nun about her stepfather) was a horrible episode from that point on because every scenes was an emotional one and the whole episode just felt like it dragged and got boring.


    As such the comedy plot is necessary and obviously in Episode 2 that role goes to Gabby's plot with Carlos. I do think its dumb that in episode one she seeks out apriestand episode 2 she seeks out a hooker, since both plots are about her seeking others to help her heal Carlos but what can you do? Sadly the writers dont think ahead like they used to and so a lot of episodes have similar little nods to each other.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Zazawie

    Zazawie

    [125]Jul 16, 2011
    • member since: 10/07/08
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 1,546

    RenatoB wrote:
    I'm way too worried about them focusing on the effects of stuff rather than on the actual stuff. Let me make myself clear: when Lynette went back to work in season 2, we wanted to see her in the workplace. However, every other week featured her dealing with the consequences of her absence from home: Tom won't clean up the house, Parker's got an imaginary friend, the twins play outside at night... A similar thing happened with Susan in season 5 when she went back to work, it took 3 episodes for them to actually show a story that originated at work (with the lesbian teacher, Swoosie Kurtz). The writers have a long history of showing us the indirect effects that big changes on the characters' lives have on the aspects of their lives up until that point, when we really want them to focus on the new things. Do we wanna see Carlos burying Alejandro and lying to the cops or do we wanna see him not getting "it" up? I go with the former.


    It's like the game "The Sims". You can have different jobs with different tests at home, but you never see the inside of their workplaceTongue out


    (Well, it finally happened in Sims 3, but I dropped out by thenTongue out).

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Zazawie

    Zazawie

    [126]Jul 16, 2011
    • member since: 10/07/08
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 1,546

    Two on set pictures of Felicity, Marcia and Eva and some interesting shoes.Tongue out

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RenatoB

    RenatoB

    [127]Jul 16, 2011
    • member since: 10/30/05
    • level: 43
    • rank: K.I.T.T
    • posts: 4,760
    rentlover1 wrote:

    The problem housewives has always suffered from is that it is not just drama and its not just comedy. Every episode needs both. The episode where every housewife had a revelation in Season 7 (I believe it was episode 15 when Gabby confronted the nun about her stepfather) was a horrible episode from that point on because every scenes was an emotional one and the whole episode just felt like it dragged and got boring.


    As such the comedy plot is necessary and obviously in Episode 2 that role goes to Gabby's plot with Carlos. I do think its dumb that in episode one she seeks out apriestand episode 2 she seeks out a hooker, since both plots are about her seeking others to help her heal Carlos but what can you do? Sadly the writers dont think ahead like they used to and so a lot of episodes have similar little nods to each other
    .


    I have to disagree, I think the comedy is usually what kills the episodes/moments. Need I go into that "self-whiping Mexican" bit? Was that even funny on paper?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RenatoB

    RenatoB

    [128]Jul 16, 2011
    • member since: 10/30/05
    • level: 43
    • rank: K.I.T.T
    • posts: 4,760
    [QUOTE="Zazawie"]

    Two on set pictures of Felicity, Marcia and Eva and some interesting shoes./QUOTE]

    Boy, I really wish Teri was in that picture... :/

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of rentlover1

    rentlover1

    [129]Jul 16, 2011
    • member since: 12/29/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 406

    It is a beautiful shot of them together. Do we think its from the day they shot the opening sequence where they deal with the body? I hope so.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NiallB31

    NiallB31

    [130]Jul 16, 2011
    • member since: 12/13/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 458

    Has it been confirmed that Susan Lucci is joining the show???


    And from reading the spoilers they are not great. Possibly someone has released false spoilers and the writers are trying to cover bigger storylines they have planned.


    I really don't know what to expect this season except for Gabby's step-father and Tom and Lynettes seperation storylines.


    I don't know what will happen with Bree, Susan and Renee as they didn't have any cliffhangers last season.


    But I hope Tom and Renee get together. I don't know why but I want this to happen.


    Edited on 07/16/2011 6:17am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Zazawie

    Zazawie

    [131]Jul 16, 2011
    • member since: 10/07/08
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 1,546
    NiallB31 wrote:

    Has it been confirmed that Susan Lucci is joining the show???


    And from reading the spoilers they are not great. Possibly someone has released false spoilers and the writers are trying to cover bigger storylines they have planned.


    I really don't know what to expect this season except for Gabby's step-father and Tom and Lynettes seperation storylines.


    I don't know what will happen with Bree, Susan and Renee as they didn't have any cliffhangers last season.


    But I hope Tom and Renee get together. I don't know why but I want this to happen.




    Susan Lucci still hasn't been confirmed, but two weeks ago she said that she was in talks for joining the show. No word since then.

    And I doubt Alejandro's death is going to be a big plot in the first part of the season. DH has pulled stunts like this before: a big cliffhanger and then put it on the backburner. I hope it'll at least play a big part in the season's ending.

    And Bree didn't have a cliffhanger, but there was some foreshadowing that Chuck will be suspecting something. That spoiler about the smell in her trunk in 8.01 confirms that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RenatoB

    RenatoB

    [132]Jul 16, 2011
    • member since: 10/30/05
    • level: 43
    • rank: K.I.T.T
    • posts: 4,760
    Would Susan Lucci join the show in recurring capacity? Because the series has started filming without her, and DH has never added "starring" castmembers midway through the season.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Zazawie

    Zazawie

    [133]Jul 16, 2011
    • member since: 10/07/08
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 1,546
    Yeah, if she's not on the show by now, she probably won't be more than a guest star.

    But perhaps ABC is waiting to make a decision until they're sure about the show's future: I'd prefer it too if they didn't add a main character in the last season anymore. Charmed (since we're still at that topic) had a very weak final season because of the addition of Billie (Kaley Cuoco). I'd rather have the focus on our housewives if this was to be the end, perhaps ABC's thinking the same. And if it is indeed the final season, perhaps there's no need to try to attract more viewers like thaat.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RenatoB

    RenatoB

    [134]Jul 16, 2011
    • member since: 10/30/05
    • level: 43
    • rank: K.I.T.T
    • posts: 4,760
    I need a 9th season. I need it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RenatoB

    RenatoB

    [135]Jul 16, 2011
    • member since: 10/30/05
    • level: 43
    • rank: K.I.T.T
    • posts: 4,760
    A bit off topic, but here it goes anyway: I watched 2.5 episodes of "Body of Proof", and I'm done. It's a terrible, terrible show, filled with stiff characters and the cheesiest lines I've heard on television in a long time. It all makes Dana Delany pass as a bad actress, which we all know she isn't. I couldn't be more disappointed that she left DH for that abomination. I used to joke that I wanted it to get cancelled because that way she could return to our show. Now I'll be frustrated if it keeps getting renewed because it sucks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Marmalade11

    Marmalade11

    [136]Jul 16, 2011
    • member since: 06/01/08
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 275
    RenatoB wrote:
    I need a 9th season. I need it.


    If Desperate Housewives' eighth season is as bad as it sounds, would you really want a ninth season? lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of txgirl75

    txgirl75

    [137]Jul 16, 2011
    • member since: 06/05/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 6,776
    Zazawie wrote:

    A promotional picture for Kevin Rahm's new show, I Hate My Teenage Daughter, which will be airing after X-Factor and American Idol (= best spot on the schedule).


    It looks like he's part of the main cast, I wonder what this'll mean for his role on DH.

    Sounds like it will be a good show. horrible title though but i will give it a try.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of txgirl75

    txgirl75

    [138]Jul 16, 2011
    • member since: 06/05/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 6,776
    Marmalade11 wrote:
    RenatoB wrote:
    I need a 9th season. I need it.


    If Desperate Housewives' eighth season is as bad as it sounds, would you really want a ninth season? lol
    DH has lost alot of exciting things. I wihsd they would have explained what Gabby's step dad was doing back in town instead of just killing him. I just feel like the show has lost alot of exciting stuff just something to watch on Sunday nights. I did like Gabby's storyline last season with the switch at birth. That be great if Susan Lucci would join but i Heard that was a just a rumor. Who knows.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of rentlover1

    rentlover1

    [139]Jul 16, 2011
    • member since: 12/29/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 406

    I believe Alejandro's faked death and his reasons for wanting to keep this a secret will come into play next season as part of the mystery. Odds are someone will come looking for him. Perhaps Ben is part of the Alejandro mystery and has come to find him (very Mike Season 1). When he discovers the housewives were responsible for killing him perhaps he may need to take them out or expose their secret.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mgmble

    Mgmble

    [140]Jul 16, 2011
    • member since: 09/27/09
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 223

    rentlover1 wrote:


    I believe Alejandro's faked death and his reasons for wanting to keep this a secret will come into play next season as part of the mystery. Odds are someone will come looking for him. Perhaps Ben is part of the Alejandro mystery and has come to find him (very Mike Season 1). When he discovers the housewives were responsible for killing him perhaps he may need to take them out or expose their secret.




    Who is Ben ? Sorry to ask but I can't remember a Ben Embarassed, My memory is terrible Sealed

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.