Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

The Final Season spoiler topic

rentlover1

[161]Jul 25, 2011
    • level: 8

That is awesome although unexpected. Considering Paul was the centre of the Season 7 mystery, adding a new mystery regarding the Young family is a highly unusual move. I am overjoyed that Mary Alice will return more this season (since lets face it Season 7 was a real let down) but I don't know what they can do tointegratea new Mary Alice mystery 12 or more years after her suicide took place. lol. However with the Mary Alice and housewives coverup as the centre plots this season I think we are in for a real treat

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MelissaPollar

[162]Jul 25, 2011
    • level: 2
    i can't wait i am a big fan of desperate housewives and hope it will get juicer more in to the season

NovemberRose

[163]Jul 26, 2011
    • level: 7
    I always had a feeling the last season would make a reference to the young mystery and that there would be a some sort of flashback that involved Mary Alice

RenatoB

[164]Jul 26, 2011
    • level: 43
    I think this pretty much means season 8 will be the last. They already brought back Paul and Felicia for season 7, that coulda been the last one. Now they're doing this in season 8 because it's probably the last one. How much longer can they drag out Mary Alice's story? XP

This is probably whu "Hallellujah" wasn't picked up, they wanted Marc to return as the top dog for the ginal season, and then he can work on his other show next year.

NovemberRose

[165]Jul 26, 2011
    RenatoB wrote:
    I think this pretty much means season 8 will be the last. They already brought back Paul and Felicia for season 7, that coulda been the last one. Now they're doing this in season 8 because it's probably the last one. How much longer can they drag out Mary Alice's story? XP

This is probably whu "Hallellujah" wasn't picked up, they wanted Marc to return as the top dog for the ginal season, and then he can work on his other show next year.

I think Marc Cherry always had another story for Mary Alice which he would present if he reached the final season. I mean there are a lot of potholes in Mary Alice's life we don't know about and lots of places and times where another mystery can be.

RenatoB

[166]Jul 26, 2011
    Possibly, yeah. All I know is I'm so freaking excited!! XD

Zazawie

[167]Jul 26, 2011
    • level: 19

I'm glad Brenda will be getting more screen time, indifferent about another mystery involving the Youngs. It's something tricky to come up with new storylines for characters they haven't intensively written for in over 5 years (last year really didn't have anything new regarding Paul or Mary Alice's past). But I'm happy we'll be seeing more of Mary Alice, but also of Paul and Zach. They never gave Zach a decent conclusion, so I hope we'll get that now.

And good to see the cast is also coming to terms with the show ending. This confirms there's serious talks about calling it quits and I'm glad at least Brenda seems to be dealing with it well. I think everyone wanted the show to start and end with the Young family in a starring role and it seems we'll still get that.Smile

Zazawie

[168]Jul 26, 2011

Someone's got a sweet new ride!Sealed

But is that Bree's driveway or the house next to it? Seems to me like it's Katherine's old driveway and since Renee's in the scene, this suggests Ben moves into that house?

Edited on 07/26/2011 9:35am

Desperate-Fan

[169]Jul 26, 2011
    • level: 4
    Was just about to post that picture! I think that house will be Ben's new house, that's definitely Mike's/Katherine's old house.

RenatoB

[170]Jul 26, 2011
    I keep forgetting somehow about the spoiler that "Ben" has a teenage daughter. I wonder if her story relates in any way to Dana's/Zach's, and if we'll see Jolie Jenkins again.

RenatoB

[171]Jul 27, 2011
    NovemberRose wrote:
    RenatoB wrote:

I think Marc Cherry always had another story for Mary Alice which he would present if he reached the final season. I mean there are a lot of potholes in Mary Alice's life we don't know about and lots of places and times where another mystery can be.

I do hope you are right and that Marc Cherry had this in the back of his head and therefore that he's thought about it for years. This whole thing with him not planning too far ahead because of Marcia Cross' maternity leave in season 3 has become annoying. Remember the strangler dropping a candy wrapping in the teaser for 6.09? What was that all about? I thought the pieces of candy would play a part in the resolution, that it'd be how people found out. And then they never went anywhere with it.

Also, what the hell did Danny Bolen do that got his family to move to Fairview? And what is his track record with girls?

DH-Weirdo

[172]Jul 27, 2011

Lastest from Mega Buzz:

What's coming up for Tom and Lynette whenDesperate Housewivesreturns?— Haley
    NATALIE:Ever seeThe War of the Roses? It'll be kind of like that, exceptinstead of dishes, they'll break their children.

LINK.

Desperate-Fan

[173]Jul 27, 2011
    • level: 4
    After watching that trailer for that film, I really hope they don't end up like that, I hate that they've broken them up but to watch them hate each other like that would just be awful. I hope they don't go down a comedic route either but the writers probably will end up doing that.

NovemberRose

[174]Jul 27, 2011
    RenatoB wrote:
    NovemberRose wrote:
    RenatoB wrote:

I do hope you are right and that Marc Cherry had this in the back of his head and therefore that he's thought about it for years. This whole thing with him not planning too far ahead because of Marcia Cross' maternity leave in season 3 has become annoying. Remember the strangler dropping a candy wrapping in the teaser for 6.09? What was that all about? I thought the pieces of candy would play a part in the resolution, that it'd be how people found out. And then they never went anywhere with it.

Also, what the hell did Danny Bolen do that got his family to move to Fairview? And what is his track record with girls?

I think that was removed in the cutting room floor. What I mean is maybe the producers including Cherry thought that some storylines had to be cut because of time and availability of the actors and if it would still be relevant to the mystery. Also another possibility that the Candy wrapper and the thing Danny did were just red herrings to mislead us. Usually writers do that when they haven't thought of what to do next or so that if doesn't work out they can cut it out.

As for the track record with the women I really don't know. But let's face it other shows aren't any better with continuity.

rentlover1

[175]Jul 28, 2011
    • level: 8

I need more spoilers! Im getting sooooooooooo antsy waiting for more info! lol.

NovemberRose

[176]Jul 28, 2011
    When does the promo come out? I mean the promo for season 8. Around August right?

DH-Weirdo

[177]Jul 28, 2011
    Late August yes...

Zazawie

[178]Jul 28, 2011
    ^^If there'll be one, it's 'round the last week of August indeed.

Let's hope we get a good one like in the earlier seasons or S7 and not one like S5 or 6's.

DH-Weirdo

[179]Jul 28, 2011
    Season 5's was lame and season 6 I'm not even going to mention..

DH-Weirdo

[180]Jul 28, 2011
    I kind of hope for a dark promo, like in the woods or something with the housewives burying Alejandro. A little like the season 1-promo.