Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

The Official Question & Answer Thread

ohhlala899

[61]Jun 1, 2007
    • level: 10
    yea really...why be a part of a desperate housewives thread if its "so Horrid" ghhad
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ohhlala899

[62]Jun 18, 2007
    there was a thread type game, back a little while ago - where you had someone would describe a character and someone else would have to guess.. it was really fun and i was just wondering, i have tried looking for it, if someone could find it -- please bring it to the main page. thx

ohhlala899

[63]Jun 27, 2007
    Can anyone tell us the name of the song Edie's nephew is playing on his radio in episode 302?

mobbs456

[64]Jun 29, 2007
    • level: 16

i have a tiny question - the guy who Bree was dancing with and George punched who was it?

Was it Ty - her ex-boyfriend or was it someone else?

NJZ

[65]Jun 29, 2007
    • level: 29
    I don't remember his name but he was definitely an old friend or boyfriend. Hence, George's jealousy.

Leo75

[66]Jul 4, 2007
    mobbs456 wrote:

i have a tiny question - the guy who Bree was dancing with and George punched who was it?

Was it Ty - her ex-boyfriend or was it someone else?

Yeah that's his name, Bree said that "they used to date in college", so yep he is an old boyfriend.

anna10026_50

[67]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 1
    I'm a media student from England and I would appreciate your opinions on some of the things that I am studying... -Do you think that the representation of women in desperate housewives is a positive or negative one? And why? -Do you think that the women in the show are a realistic representation of modern women? And why? -Do you think that the characters are deliberately sexual in order to increase the shows appeal? Thank you

NJZ

[68]Jul 10, 2007
    anna10026_50 wrote:
    -Do you think that the representation of women in desperate housewives is a positive or negative one? And why? -Do you think that the women in the show are a realistic representation of modern women? And why?

I think that its a bit of both negative and positive. Some characters are shown in a more positive light (like Lynette, even Susan) and others more negatively (Edie) depending on their character traits and their situations. In my opinion, I think the female characters are all semi-realistic; DH does show more realistic relationships (such as Lynnete's role in the Scavo family and to an extent the Mayer women aswell) but there are also those that are really over-the-top (like Gaby and Edie, and sometimes Bree). However, even the over-the-top characters seem to have a semblance of normality in them which adds to the realistic affect. Having said that though, when all these characters are added together, they do seem to be quite unrealistic in their setting. Though, I do think that, despite their flaws, they are women of our time; they are all in some way independent, strong, self-relying women.

anna10026_50 wrote:
    -Do you think that the characters are deliberately sexual in order to increase the shows appeal?

Yes, completely. At the end of the day, Desperate Housewives is a tv show which needs viewers to continue. As many people like to put it, "Sex Sells".

BTW, having said all that stuff about realism on DH, I have to say that I personally don't think its altogether too realistic because it is a tv show. No Tv show is very realistic, unless its a documentary or a reality show.

mobbs456

[69]Jul 13, 2007

i think Girl Power shows are all good - women have had a rough past and they deserve some power now and again.

however, i do think men need some positivity too - instead of being brutes, rapists and monster all the time.

perhaps we should have more Desperate House-Husbands? like 'My Husband The Pig' that episode dealt with the men of Wisteria Lane really well.

Keep up the good work Marc Cherry - you are changing TV.

NJZ

[70]Jul 13, 2007
    mobbs456 wrote:
    perhaps we should have more Desperate House-Husbands? like 'My Husband The Pig' that episode dealt with the men of Wisteria Lane really well.

It did deal with the men on W Lane but it wasn't a great episode. Also, it was the first episode without Bree, which was IMO the downfall of Season 3.

BC2012

[71]Jul 13, 2007
    • level: 4
    In It Takes Two, Edie offers Austin a beer, but then asks if he is 18. Wouldn't she ask if he was 21?

mobbs456

[72]Jul 26, 2007

Hmm good point - perhaps she was checking to see just how old he was?

anyway it didn't matter - Edie trys to pass herself off as an 18yearold too.

i have a question: What actually happened to Gabrielle? her mum says she wasn't abused but Gabby says she was. i dont think gabby would make it up - is her mum a bit of a scheming cow?

Lostfinding

[73]Jul 27, 2007
    • level: 15
    Hi people! I'm sure that you have answer this a thousend times but I have to ask it! Sorri... I'm finishing Desperate Housewives season 3 here in Spain (only two episodes left) and I've noticed that Bree is no longer there! I suppused that she woldn't be there a episode or two but... it has been a lot more! XD So can anyones tell me why she is not in the show anymore?

NJZ

[74]Jul 27, 2007
    During the filming of those episodes, Marcia Cross was on maternity leave. Therefore, she didn't appear for a while. Her character, Bree, was on a honeymoon with Orson at the time. But don't worry, she's back for the last episode of the season.

LittleMegFan

[75]Jul 27, 2007
    • level: 23
    mobbs456 wrote:

Hmm good point - perhaps she was checking to see just how old he was?

anyway it didn't matter - Edie trys to pass herself off as an 18yearold too.

i have a question: What actually happened to Gabrielle? her mum says she wasn't abused but Gabby says she was. i dont think gabby would make it up - is her mum a bit of a scheming cow?

I would say that Gabby is telling the truth and that her mother just doesn't believe her.

Rose_Montana

[76]Aug 3, 2007
    • level: 2

I have a question- Are there any rumors about Susan being pregnant with Ian's child?

Hello everyone! I'm new here

I heard a rumor that in the new season Susan might find herself pregnant with Ian's child

I missed a couple of episodes of this season so I have no idea how long has it been since Susan was with Ian & if its been a long time how come she didn't realise this before?

I think it is a pathetic way of adding a twist in the story IF it is true. I mean this relationship has already suffered a lot. I'll be really glad if there are no complications as predictable as this. And I don't want Susan facing any more dilemma about who is more important in her life. I hope they remain happy for at-least some time before some thing happens. And this time hope its got nothing to do any more extramarital affairs

Just want to know if any of this is going to happen (Hope Not) or if its been discussed before

Lostfinding

[77]Aug 3, 2007
    • level: 15
    Rose_Montana wrote:

I have a question- Are there any rumors about Susan being pregnant with Ian's child?

Hello everyone! I'm new here

I heard a rumor that in the new season Susan might find herself pregnant with Ian's child

I missed a couple of episodes of this season so I have no idea how long has it been since Susan was with Ian & if its been a long time how come she didn't realise this before?

I think it is a pathetic way of adding a twist in the story IF it is true. I mean this relationship has already suffered a lot. I'll be really glad if there are no complications as predictable as this. And I don't want Susan facing any more dilemma about who is more important in her life. I hope they remain happy for at-least some time before some thing happens. And this time hope its got nothing to do any more extramarital affairs

Just want to know if any of this is going to happen (Hope Not) or if its been discussed before

I think it could be a great thing for season 4! XD People want them to be happy happy but i don't think that would work, it will become so much boring! Xd For exemple Lynette is perfect with Tom but they have bad moments...

LynetteFan56

[78]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 9

I have a question. In episode 6, Sweetheat I Have To Confess, When Lynette is packing a suitcase and talking to her boys. Why did she pour cereal in and then close the suitcase? Just Wondering.

ohhlala899

[79]Aug 7, 2007

sje had told tom to stay at the restaurant for the night so she was packing stuff for him

thecereal would be in all his stuff when he opened it - she was mad at him

Edited on 08/07/2007 6:19pm
    Edited 2 total times.

mobbs456

[80]Aug 8, 2007

I has a quesiton:

The bloke Monroe who came after Caleb in Season Two - is that Michael Ironside? Did he play Darkseid in Superman?

Just curious it would be nice to put a face to a voice...