TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

The Official Question & Answer Thread

  • Avatar of Daniel777C

    Daniel777C

    [161]Dec 29, 2007
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 2,257
    hysongk wrote:
    sorry if this has been asked before, but do we know where Fairview is? Like what state its supposed to be in?

    The fictional Eagle state, situated on the West coast.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ikjadoon

    ikjadoon

    [162]Jan 6, 2008
    • member since: 12/13/03
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 2

    A bit off topic, but I just missed "Welcome to Kawagana." How soon will that appear on ABC.com?

    Thanks!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Samantha0215

    Samantha0215

    [163]Jan 8, 2008
    • member since: 01/09/08
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 7
    eleive last time zach was seen on dh was probably when he decided he wanted to date gabby, once she finally got it through his head that she only wanted friendship i dont think we see him again
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of d1947

    d1947

    [164]Jan 9, 2008
    • member since: 01/10/08
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1
    What was the poem said on the baseball field right before the ashes were spread on Despereate Housewives ?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Leo75

    Leo75

    [165]Jan 10, 2008
    • member since: 06/12/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 356

    d1947 wrote:
    What was the poem said on the baseball field right before the ashes were spread on Despereate Housewives ?

    "Do Not Stand At My Grave and Weep" by Mary Elizabeth Frye.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zimba05

    zimba05

    [166]Jan 16, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 495
    When Is Mike gonna "come back" ? Are they gonna show him in rehab?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DrTrish197

    DrTrish197

    [167]Jan 17, 2008
    • member since: 08/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,023
    zimba05 wrote:
    When Is Mike gonna "come back" ? Are they gonna show him in rehab?


    we have no idea..... they havent written any new episodes after WTK.....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Lostfinding

    Lostfinding

    [168]Jan 26, 2008
    • member since: 07/05/07
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 358
    eooo I have a very stupid question! ... I don't understand a thing because I live not in EEUU... Well here is the question I hope you will understand what I mean... What it's Bree political thinking??? I mean they said she is a republican right? What does that mean,.... here republican mean a thing totally different of what Bree values are suppossed to be... please explain me what a republican is please! I know it is a stupid thing to ask I hope you don't mind :p Thanks a lot
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DrTrish197

    DrTrish197

    [169]Jan 28, 2008
    • member since: 08/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,023
    Lostfinding wrote:
    eooo I have a very stupid question! ... I don't understand a thing because I live not in EEUU... Well here is the question I hope you will understand what I mean... What it's Bree political thinking??? I mean they said she is a republican right? What does that mean,.... here republican mean a thing totally different of what Bree values are suppossed to be... please explain me what a republican is please! I know it is a stupid thing to ask I hope you don't mind :p Thanks a lot


    well, im not really into politics but let's see if i can try and explain this. In America, we divide politics into two parties: the democrats and the republicans. The republicans are the more conservative party of the two. Their decisions are pretty much based on social conservatism, neoconservatism, nationalism and a lot on religious rights. Our president today, George Bush, is a republican. No wonder everyone hates us (nah, im just kidding, but I'm not a supporter of George Bush though). Democrats on the other hand are more liberal. They foccus on the social liberalism, american progressivism. They have had an enormous impact in the minorities for a really long time. Personally, I think democrats are smarter and not so closed minded as the republicans. Our new Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton is a democrat and so was her husband Bill. Nowadays, there are more democrats than republicans out there and most of the legislatures are held by democrats as well. Thomas Jefferson was the founder of the democratic party way back when. So when she says she is a republican, she meant it as she is very conservative, and that was why she didn't believe in oral sex when her and Orson were about to get on with business. hehehehe..... I hope this answers your question.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Lostfinding

    Lostfinding

    [170]Jan 29, 2008
    • member since: 07/05/07
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 358

    DrTrish197 wrote:
    Lostfinding wrote:
    eooo I have a very stupid question! ... I don't understand a thing because I live not in EEUU... Well here is the question I hope you will understand what I mean... What it's Bree political thinking??? I mean they said she is a republican right? What does that mean,.... here republican mean a thing totally different of what Bree values are suppossed to be... please explain me what a republican is please! I know it is a stupid thing to ask I hope you don't mind :p Thanks a lot
    well, im not really into politics but let's see if i can try and explain this. In America, we divide politics into two parties: the democrats and the republicans. The republicans are the more conservative party of the two. Their decisions are pretty much based on social conservatism, neoconservatism, nationalism and a lot on religious rights. Our president today, George Bush, is a republican. No wonder everyone hates us (nah, im just kidding, but I'm not a supporter of George Bush though). Democrats on the other hand are more liberal. They foccus on the social liberalism, american progressivism. They have had an enormous impact in the minorities for a really long time. Personally, I think democrats are smarter and not so closed minded as the republicans. Our new Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton is a democrat and so was her husband Bill. Nowadays, there are more democrats than republicans out there and most of the legislatures are held by democrats as well. Thomas Jefferson was the founder of the democratic party way back when. So when she says she is a republican, she meant it as she is very conservative, and that was why she didn't believe in oral sex when her and Orson were about to get on with business. hehehehe..... I hope this answers your question.

    Oh! Thank you very very very much!!! :p You are amazing! THANKS!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DrTrish197

    DrTrish197

    [171]Jan 29, 2008
    • member since: 08/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,023
    hehehehe.....
    no problem!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Lethal-dealer

    Lethal-dealer

    [172]Jan 30, 2008
    • member since: 11/15/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 206
    i logged on today with a little feeling the strike was resolved but unfortunately , no such luck ! anyway i'm from ireland and was wondering if any news or new updates or breakthroughs in the writers strike,, its been going on for ages and you dont hear anything bout it in ireland so if someone could updat me that would be great ????
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DrTrish197

    DrTrish197

    [173]Jan 30, 2008
    • member since: 08/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,023
    unfortunatelly nothing just yet.... i read somewhere a couple of weeks ago that they were doing another talk with the companies and they would let us know in 2 weeks what came out of that. that was about 2 weeks ago..... but nothing so far.... i'll keep watching the news and post anything once i know.....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Lethal-dealer

    Lethal-dealer

    [174]Jan 31, 2008
    • member since: 11/15/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 206
    thanks
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Lostfinding

    Lostfinding

    [175]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 07/05/07
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 358
    Hi! I am rewatching season 3 and yesterday I saw that episode where Alma appears and Bree does a dinning party XD Well here is the question!!! Why is Alma doing in the badroom? I mean... what is she doing with the thingy? I don't get it....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of shenbrat

    shenbrat

    [176]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 01/03/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 815
    Lostfinding wrote:
    Hi! I am rewatching season 3 and yesterday I saw that episode where Alma appears and Bree does a dinning party XD Well here is the question!!! Why is Alma doing in the badroom? I mean... what is she doing with the thingy? I don't get it....
    If I remember correctly she was shooting herself up with fertility drugs. She wanted to get pregnant with Orson's baby and he was slipped drugs mixed in a drink. One was designed to knock him out, the other was meant to keep the part Alma needed from him in her baby quest 'perky'.
    Edited on 02/06/2008 5:25am
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of eelisdh

    eelisdh

    [177]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 02/05/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 271
    hi! I live in norway so season 4 hasn't actually started here..., but I just wondered if anyone knew if the strike is on its way to end?!? I really hope so, cause if it doesn't stop soon, then it will rake a longer time before it comes to where i live t
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DrTrish197

    DrTrish197

    [178]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 08/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,023
    eelisdh wrote:
    hi! I live in norway so season 4 hasn't actually started here..., but I just wondered if anyone knew if the strike is on its way to end?!? I really hope so, cause if it doesn't stop soon, then it will rake a longer time before it comes to where i live t


    no news on the what's going on with strike just yet.... i've been keeping up with it and posting as much as i can on the strike thread.... you might wanna stop by there and read what we have so far.....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Leo75

    Leo75

    [179]Feb 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/12/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 356

    shenbrat wrote:
    Lostfinding wrote:
    Hi! I am rewatching season 3 and yesterday I saw that episode where Alma appears and Bree does a dinning party XD Well here is the question!!! Why is Alma doing in the badroom? I mean... what is she doing with the thingy? I don't get it....
    If I remember correctly she was shooting herself up with fertility drugs. She wanted to get pregnant with Orson's baby and he was slipped drugs mixed in a drink. One was designed to knock him out, the other was meant to keep the part Alma needed from him in her baby quest 'perky'.

    Yeah she said that she was injecting herself with hormones to improve their chances.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.