Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

What is the best storyline for each storyline (couldn't resist)

rentlover1

[1]Dec 22, 2011
    • level: 8

Hope this is okay. Felt it would be fun to do the opposite of the worst storyline thread.

My opinions:

Susan- Season 1- trying to uncover why Mary Alice killed herself

Bree- Season 2- Alcoholic and her issues with Andrew

Lynette- Season 4- Cancer or Season 3- Rick

Gabby- Season 7- Doll/ coming to terms with her past OR Season 2- trying to adopt a baby storyline

Edie- End of Season 3 when she gets to be the third lead for a while and we get to see more sides to her

Katherine- Season 6- Trying to steal back Mike/ becoming a lesbian -really made the season for me

Renee- Season 7- Grappling with the whether or not to tell Lynette she slept with Tom

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RenatoB

[2]Dec 22, 2011
    • level: 43
    I think you mean "for each housewife", right?

StylishCandy

[3]Dec 22, 2011
    • level: 5

bree - kinda gotta admit, i like the way bree's storyline is now being stalked by her cop ex [even if that's over D:], her friends abandoning her, having nothing left...other than that, i liked her storyline withgeorge in season 1/2.

susan - having to choose between ian or mike in season 3.

gabby - her affair with john inseason 1.

lynette -when she goes back to work in season 2.

renée -when she was fighting with bree over keith. that was funny

rentlover1

[4]Dec 22, 2011
    RenatoB wrote:
    I think you mean "for each housewife", right?

Yep RenatoB I meant for each housewife. lol. I was very tired last night after doing my last minute Christmas shopping. lol.

Endoplasmic888

[5]Dec 22, 2011
    • level: 7
    Susan - Helping Paul (season 7)
    Lynette - Cancer (season 4)
    Bree - Orson's mystery (season 3)
    Gabby - Grace (season 7)

Mattsterzz

[6]Dec 22, 2011

Bree-This years storyline. I keep seeing moments of the old Bree. I love how Bree took over. Bree was so strong, and i liked that, up till her friends abonded herFrown

Susan-Dealing with Julie being strangled. Susan is a great mother whem she wants to be, and i loved the scene where she tries to crush Danny.

Lynette-Her cancer storyline, it was so well done, and there were even some funny bits (Lynette getting high!). There were so manymoving scenes

Gabby-Her whole Season 4 storyline with Carlos, if was nice seeing them back together, how they bonded over how they thought Gabby killed Victor, and Gabby learned Carlos is blind.

Renee-She hasnt hadmany storylines, but the scene where shes in the restaurant and she freaks out over the midget, HILARIOUS!

Katherine-She has had i would say the best storylines, apart from her relationship with Mike (I did like her going crazy though) her's have been fantastic.

Edie-Any Season 1 moment with her and Susan fighting.

Edited on 12/22/2011 3:12pm

RenatoB

[7]Dec 22, 2011
    • level: 43
    Why no poll? I'd have voted for Gaby.

Gabrielle - Frumpy Gaby was fun to watch, but I'm gonna go with her affair with John. Her affair with Carlos was also fun, and pretty much all of season 2.

Susan - Definitely all of season 1. Whatever happened to the Susan and Mike people cheered for, rather than "get bored watching"? She was great in season 7 too, all throughout, I think.

Bree - All of season 2. Losing Rex, dealing with Andrew, with George, with the Applewhites and with drinking... everything was perfect. I'm also loving her in season 8 as well.

Lynette - Probably dealing with Nora, and then Kayla. Best nemesises ever. I actually don't see what was so great about the cancer storyline. Looking back on it, it seems so short-lived.

Edie - Edie was at her best when she was a supporting player in seasons 1-2 that was only featured when she was actually needed to the storyline. So I'm also gonna go with anything between her and Susan in season 1. They had such a great dynamic.

Mary Alice - The mystery, of course, her only actual story, and all her narrations from seasons 1-4. Posterior ones pale in comparison.

Katherine - I'm torn between the mystery, the mental breakdown, and the lesbianism, because I love all three of them so much. She was great in all of them. Probably the mystery, though.

Renee - Her relationship with Susan, for some reason. I have really enjoyed their rare scenes together.

I loved Betty's storyline, but not so much Angie's. At first I really liked it, but starting with episode 6.11 everything went downhill.

Mattsterzz

[8]Dec 22, 2011
    I would like to see Renee interact with Susan and Gabby rather than Bree and Lynette. I dont get why Gabby didnt like Renee at first, they would seem to get along well.

rentlover1

[9]Dec 22, 2011

Agreed. Gabby and Renee together would be great. Its like the underutilizedrelationship between Gabby and Edie. Worked so well as friends but rarely ever got screen time together (with the exception of that chunk of season 4).

Edie70

[10]Dec 23, 2011
    • level: 19
    SUSAN - I loved her stories in season 1, all that romance with Mike was fun to watch and I often found myself cheering up for the two of them

GABY - For me it has to be season 5 with frumpy Gabs with two new kids & season 3 when she just got divorced and felt so terribly lonely

LYNETTE - Season 2 with going back to work and also her interactions with Nora in season 3 and then Kayla in season 4

BREE - She was so perfect in season 1 that it was even more fun to watch her breaking down and slipping from this circle of perfection in season 2, I kinda like her storylines now in season 8

EDIE - As Renato pointed out a few posts ago she was at her best in seasons 1-2 and her head to head scenes with Susan

KATHERINE - She was so interesting when she was constantly covering her tragic mystery in season 4

RENEE - Hmm, she should spend more time with Susan. They have not shared a scene together since 7.23 and they are such a funny couple. For some reason I like her relationship with Bree.

tvtome_xena321

[11]Dec 23, 2011
    • level: 27
    Susan, Edie and Bree were at there best during the early seasons. Gabrielle got better as the seasons went on, and has really changed for the better. Lynette just keeps getting worse, but I loved her during season 3 and 4. Katherine was best during season 4, after that she got boring, and should of just left like Angie and Betty after one season. Renee, hmm shes only had a two season run, but shes better with Bree scenes.