Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

What is the most sad/emotional episodes or scene of DH

Mattsterzz

[1]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 7

To be honest, it has been a very long time since I cried while watching DH. Even thoughi felt very sadfor Lynette in 8x07and for Paul in 7x17,the time i cried ina episode was in 6x11. Even though I know i willbe definately in tears in the finale,im really been wanting a really emotional scene. EpisodesI have cried in were 1x08, 1x23, 2x20, 3x07, 4x02, 4x10, 5x13, 5x19,6x02,6x11. I dont know whether you guys are willing to admit that you get teared up (I always cry in movies) but I love these episodes/scenes.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RenatoB

[2]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 43
    I don't really tear up much, but there hasn't been a time watching Tom telling Lynette about the dead baby in 6.11 (and Gaby coming to apologize afterwards) or Mary Alice pre-suicide in 5.13 that didn't make me tear up a bit. Those scenes always get to me. I can't really think of anything else, though.

Zazawie

[3]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 19
    The biggest sad moments for me will probably always be the final minutes of the hostage situation in "Bang" and the end narration of "Something's Coming".

I agree there haven't been many scenes lately that have the same effect on the viewer as older episodes, but Tom and Lynette at the end of 8x08 really gets me. It's really the moment the separation became set in stone and the way Tom just gives in makes me feel for Lynette. That and Beth's final moment with Bree in the hotel room in 7x16 are the most memorable moments for me in the last 2 seasons (so far).

adonica1

[4]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 4

I was in tears when Paul 's second wife killed herself. That was very sad that she was put into that position and she couldnt handle the drama that her mom and husband was putting her threw... :.(

NiallB31

[5]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 8

1x08 - Gulity - The Lynette and Mary Alice scene; Paul killing Marths

1x23 -One Wonderful Day - Bree finding out Rex had died.

2x20 - It wasn't meant to Happen - Lily being taken from Gabby

2x24 - Remember - The montage at the end.

3x07 - Bang - The montage at the end

3x22 - What WouldWe Do Without You? - Lynette finding out she has cancer.

4x06 - Now I know, Don't Be Scared - Lynette finding out the Cancer is gone. Such a powerful scene.

4x09 - Something Coming - End Narration.

4x10 - Welcome to Kanagawa - Idas Death.

5x13 - The Best Thing That Could Ever Happen - Gabby's alone speech; Eli giving Bree the cookbook; Eli bringing Penny into Lyette; After Mary Alice said goodbye to Eli.

5x24 - If Its Only In You Head - The crash and finding out MJ didn't die.

6x11 - If... - Bree looking at the photos of her and Orson, Lynetts bit in the Kitchen and at the graduation;Gabby and Lynette forgiving eachother.

7x10 -Riot episode - The end of the riot, showing each housewife.

DH has had so many sad moments and there are to many to choose from, so these are ones that made me tear up and cry. I havn't cried in a while watching DH but I think coming up to the final few episodes there will be a lot of sad scenes, especially in the last ever episode.

StylishCandy

[6]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 5

1x23 - when rex dies, and brees crying at the table.

2x09 - when bree finds out that george was rex's killer.

2x20 - when lily was taken away from gabby.

3x07 - the end is just really, really sad. actually, the whole episode is pretty emotional, but the end has some of the prettiest music.

4x09 - the tornado, but mainly at the end when lynette see's ms. mccluskey's house destroyed...that scream was...i don't know if powerful would be the right word, but yeah it was.

5x24 - one of two times i actually cried on this show! im a girl and it takes a lot for me to cry...when susan thinks mj has been hit and killed when dave hits mike, and when she sees mj alive, its just really sad

6x11 - when bree is looking at orson's ridiculously large amount of pictures of her, and the landlord [i believe] says "he died of a broken heart..." hell, i don't really like orson -that- much and i certainly preferred breexkarl to breexorson but damn, that was pretty sad and i admit, i cried...it was so pitiful.

7x16 - when beth shoots herself! that was horrible, i felt so bad for her!

7x23 - two parts, when gabby confronts alejandro in the woods, and when she's attacked and almost raped by him again.

8x08 - when bree starts drinking again, and the lynette/tom end scene.

i have a feeling 8x09 might be added to this list... :/

Edited on 11/30/2011 5:27pm

shenbrat

[7]Dec 2, 2011
    Lots of great tear jerkers above.

One that moved me was when Bree found Zach trying to scrub the stain of Mary Alice's blood off the hardwood floors. I felt so sad for the kid.

joeyazzi

[8]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 6

-episode 206, the first time I teared up on DH, when Susan was running after Mike in the wedding dress.

-episode 220, gabby running after lilly.

-episode 301, susan telling mike: wake up, wake up, Please.

-episode 417, Katherine and Dylan's hug at the end.

seasons 5 and 6 were more funny, but less dramatic.

-episode 710, lynette saying : HE'S MY NEIGHBOR.

- episode 711, susan collapsing in front of M.J and when all the ladies were talking to her at the end.

-episode 713, gabby's breakdown after their car (where there is her doll) was stolen

MarkoTodorovi

[9]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 4
    1x08 - When Linet crying and confesses to Bree and Susan.

1x20 - When Bree learns that Rex died.

2x20 - gabby and lilly.

2x21 - When Bree leaves Andrew on the road.

2x22 - When Bree confesses Susan.

3x07 - Bang

4x06 - Conversation between Bree and Danielle with the baby.

4x06 - Linet at the end of episode.

4x10 - When Karen and Linet pour the ashes ...

7x17 - When Paul cries for his second wife.

7x17 - When Renee talks about his mother.

8x07 - When Linet crying in the car.

tvtome_xena321

[10]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 27
    Rex's death, Bree learning who killed Rex, Edie's death and tribute episode, Paul's second wife dies, Bang and the aftermath of the tornado.

Mattsterzz

[11]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 7
    Hmm, i thought this episode would be a sad one, but i didnt feel it.

evafan2005

[12]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 18

Gabby losing Lily, the end of Bang (from the release of the hostages to the very end), Lynette finding out her cancer is gone, Edie holding Karen's hand after discovering Ida died, the ending of the Edie tribute episode and for some reason the season 6 finale when Susan is leaving makes me feel sad until Paul shows up.

Edited on 12/05/2011 6:49am

mully

[13]Dec 6, 2011
    • level: 6

Bree at the table when she finds out about Rex's death is probably number one for me. It's just so raw and real. Marcia Cross should have gotten an Emmy for that.

rentlover1

[14]Dec 22, 2011

I did one for each season but in order of how much they affected me.

Season 6 Episode 10- Katherine's mental breakdown. Made me cry the first time I watched it- I was so devastated.

Season 2 (cant remember episode number)- GabbyloosingLilly- gets me every single time.

Season 8- Bree talking to Mary Alice- knew it was coming but very upsetting- had to call friends afterwards cause I just wanted to reconnect with them - felt so depressed and emotionally taxed after that scene.

Season 3- Nora dying- couldn't believe I cried then. It was incredible.

Season 1- Rex dying- so devastating - the scene where Bree learns the truth and finishes the silver before breaking down on the table again is one of those moments that gets me every time.

Season 4- Katherine discovering the body of her daughter- gave me chills and tears feeling so heart broken for Katherine.

Season 5 Episode 18- Edie hitting the pole and knowing she is about to die. Didnt get me first time but does now.

Season 7- Susan talking to her Mum and them telling each other how they feel about each other- didn't make me cry but did pull my heart strings. Season 7 really didn't push me to the breaking point like a lot of the others. lol.