Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

Which housewife proved herself as a fan favorite from the very beggining....

Edie70

[21]Mar 21, 2012
    • level: 19
    The only episodes from S6 I honestly liked the first time were 6.04, 6.06, 6.07, 6.10, 6.14, 6.15, 6.17 , 6.21. See? Not that much! 8 out of 23. That was the worst season for me. Even 5 & 7 seemed a lot better than that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mully

[22]Mar 21, 2012
    • level: 6
    The only episodes from season 6 I liked, honestly, were the ones that featured Katherine. I loved, LOVED looney tunes, crazy Katherine! XD

Edie70

[23]Mar 21, 2012
    Yeah, she was good as a crazy bitch. Such a shame she was only in 15 episodes that season + she had no lines at all in 6.03 and 6.07.

Kadodian

[24]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 23
    I never understood the hate for season 6. It's my third favorite season! I love how crowded it is, and how light it feels, unlike seasons 5 and 7. I like 5 too though. The plane episode is one of my favorite episodes ever. Karl's death wasn't expected at all. Katherine's new sexual orientation was also a pleasing development. I wanted a gay housewife and I got one! The storyline was different, which is something I enjoyed! The finale was thrilling. I don't understand how anyone could dislike season six. Not cherish it like the other seasons, sure. But dislike it?!

mully

[25]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 6
    I really don't think there's any season that I can say I genuinely didn't like of DH or I wouldn't have stuck with the show as closely has I have. Season 6 though, to me, was just a little too comical and sort of lost some of the darkness that I loved about the show. Even the disaster (the plane crash) sort of had this underlying humor to it because of how ridiculous the premise was. But even though it's my least favorite, mainly because there were more episodes that were boring to me than any other season, it's still good, entertaining TV and that's all that matters.

RenatoB

[26]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 43
    ^^Plus, "Epiphany", albeit flawed, is arguably the darkest episode of the series. And one of my personal favorites.

Edie70

[27]Apr 6, 2012
    While not among my faves, it gets a huge point for introducing Mary Alice in a different light and showing us why Julie got strangled.

RenatoB

[28]Apr 6, 2012
    I loved that twist that he wanted to strangle Susan, only twist in a mystery I didn't see coming of seasons 5-7.

Edie70

[29]Apr 7, 2012
    RenatoB wrote:
    I loved that twist that he wanted to strangle Susan, only twist in a mystery I didn't see coming of seasons 5-7.
    Lol, that is right. I remember laughing at Det. Murphy while watching 620, he said that no one would mistake Susan for a 23 year old. What a stupid piece of s#!t he is lol

RenatoB

[30]Apr 8, 2012
    Edie70 wrote:
    RenatoB wrote:
    Lol, that is right. I remember laughing at Det. Murphy while watching 620, he said that no one would mistake Susan for a 23 year old. What a stupid piece of s#!t he is lol

I also love that that moment itself was a bit of an omen, and I still didn't see it coming.

Edie70

[31]Apr 9, 2012
    Exactly. I thought something like that probably happened and it was a great twist. But I so wanted Katherine to be the Julie's strangler.

RenatoB

[32]Apr 9, 2012
    At first I assumed it was Ana. In 6.02, she was eager to help Danny with an alibi, and my theory was, she needs one herself, and, also, she can help Danny because she knows he's innocent. Why? Cos she did it herself. At least it would had given the character some more notability and justify her star billing a lot better. But no. I guess she was just really, really stupid. Seriously, who provides a fake alibi for a guy who probably strangled someone? Who may very well strangle HER next? Stupid girl.

Edie70

[33]Apr 10, 2012
    Yep. She was stupid. What do you expect from a classic stereotypical teen "model wanna be"? And her regular status was totally undeserving, even also starring would be too much for her she is credited in like 24 episodes and she actually appeared in like 11.

MohammedHasan2

[34]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 4
    S6 and S6 were my least favorite. I hated the mystery in season 6, although the first half season was quite entertaining IMO. S1 is still mY favorite, and I think almost anyone that has watched DH, would say season 1 is the best. The first half of season 2 wasn't that great, but overall, the season was still entertaining. It was actually the first season I watched, and from the first episode, I fell in love with the show. Season 3 was good, but without Marcia, I didn't really enjoy it that much.
    I liked season 4, although, at times, the story got unbelievable and a little ridiculous. And season 7 was much better than S5 and S6, but after the riot episode, there wasn't much progression in the mystery. Like, first they portrayed Paul as an evil person, then him as a nice person.

Edie70

[35]Apr 10, 2012
    Season 7 is considerably better than both 5 & 6 and sort of returned the show to the roots. But ever since 7.11 it went downhill. But it pulled itself together around 7.16 and remained decent until the end. Season 8 is a total opposite, I did not enjoy the first half that much, but ever since 8.10 I love love love it!

RenatoB

[36]Apr 10, 2012
    Me too, the first 9 episodes of season 8 lagged a bit, but when the show returned it was amazing yet again. Though I hated 8.19.

Edie70

[37]Apr 10, 2012
    LOL, I liked 8.19. But I totally hated 8.03 and 8.05, the rest of the episodes felt incredibly fillery too. But I liked the premiere (it was dark & funny).

Mattsterzz

[38]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 7
    I disagree with you guys with the first half of this season, apart from episode 4&5 it was fantastic. I think the mystery had sorta died lately. Episode 6&7 were the best mystery episodes this season.

MohammedHasan2

[39]Apr 10, 2012
    Edie70 wrote:
    Season 7 is considerably better than both 5 & 6 and sort of returned the show to the roots. But ever since 7.11 it went downhill. But it pulled itself together around 7.16 and remained decent until the end. Season 8 is a total opposite, I did not enjoy the first half that much, but ever since 8.10 I love love love it!

Yeah, I didn't get where the writers wanted to go in the second half S7. And I completely agree. I love the second half of this season, and didn't like the first half, with the exception of 8x01, and every episode after 8x06. The premiere was probably in my top 3 episodes for the season. Now, if the next two episodes, and the finale can be even better, than this would probably be the season that I've enjoyed the most episodes from. after season 1.

MohammedHasan2

[40]Apr 10, 2012
    Mattsterzz wrote:
    I disagree with you guys with the first half of this season, apart from episode 4&5 it was fantastic. I think the mystery had sorta died lately. Episode 6&7 were the best mystery episodes this season.

I didn't like episode 2 - 5, and 12 and 19. I agree that the mystery has died a little, and with Bree's new lawyer, being so great at these types of murder cases, I'm not really as excited as I could have been, since it it seems that it will be easy from this lawyer guy to fight the case. It would be more interesting, if the police had more evidence against Bree.