Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

Your Favorite Deaths

RenatoB

[1]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 43

Attention, everyone! A TV.com moderator has contacted via PM to inform me that TV.com is working on a special tribute to Desperate Housewives, and a part of it is about the deaths of the series, so they have asked me to ask here what you guys' favorite deaths are.

Here is a complete list of all the demises on the show.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RenatoB

[2]Apr 12, 2012
    I'll go first:

Mary Alice - The one that started it all. A classic. Need I say more?

Martha - Amazing. Her death intertwined with Susan and Mike making love for the first time... one moans with pleasure and the other with agony... amazing.

Rex - mostly for Bree's breakdown scene, because, of course, we never actually saw him dying. The first main character to die (sans Mary Alice), and it'll always be one of the most memorable demises.

George - I miss the show pulling a stunt like this on us. Will always and forever be one of the best, most chilling sequences of the show's history, and a testament to its (sporadical, I confess) excellence.

Nora - Marc Cherry felt pride in the fact that such a hated character made people who hated her cry like babies when she died. Another testament of the power of this show. An amazing death.

Edie - Not so much the death itself, just the fact that it was such an important character and the amazing, heart-wrenching performance by Nicollette Sheridan during the confrontation that ultimately led to her death.

Beth - Mirroring the first death, it becomes the perfect homage, working on so many levels.

Mike - It's Mike. I mean... it's Mike. Of Susan and Mike. Plus, that "flashes before your eyes" montage... beautiful. Well done.

I know I went with obvious choices and most notable deaths/characters who died, but still... those are all great.

Julietfan2626

[3]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 1

Mary Alice Young - A perfect and shocking way to begin the series. It was so mysterious and it got me addicted to the show immediately!

Martha Huber - So shocking! My heart was racing when Paul killed her! I felt so sorry for her, she seemed to weak and powerless But her death did allow Felicia to give her most awesome speech ever

Rex Van de Kamp - Although we never saw his death, Bree's reaction was just fantastic! So sad!

George Williams - I hated him so much for killing Rex, so I was so happy Bree was able to get revenge! It was perfect!

Nora Huntington - This was one of the saddest deaths for me on the show! I loved Nora! Such a sad way for her to go!!

Scruffles (Possum)- Yes, I'm being serious. The way he acted as a metaphor for Lynette's cancer was just beautiful! I love that episode so much!

Ida Greenberg - Just utterly shocked me! It was horrible that they killed Ida! Just so shocking!!

Edie Williams - Ahhh! I will never forgive Marc for killing off Edie! I loved her so much, she brought something to the show that nobody else can, it's not the same without her!! Also, the episode of her ashes being spread was beautiful and is one of my favorites.

Patrick Scavo - Just traumatizing and so sad that they killed a baby! I would have loved a story of Lynette having to cope with a disabled child.

Beth Young - I loved Beth! And her death was so perfect in the way that it mirrored Mary Alice! Made the show go "full circle"!

Mike Delfino - SHOCKING! SO SHOCKING! I cannot believe they killed Mike!! The montage of his time with Susan was beautiful!! And his funeral episode was so sad Especially when Susan says goodbye to him!

Edited on 04/12/2012 4:12pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Edie70

[4]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 19

Mary Alice - it set the perfect tone for the show

Martha - shocking and amazingly edited

Rex - tragic, sad & destructive

Victor - made me lol & roll my eyes at the same time

Edie - I will never ever forgive them for this one, I hope Cherry at least regrets it now

Beth - expected, but still creepy and beautifully acted

Felicia (the real one) - wow, talk about bad karma

Mike - the most tragic, shocking and jaw dropping moment of all those previous deaths, I even cried

MohammedHasan2

[5]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 4

*Mary Alice

*Martha

*Juanita

*Rex

*Nora

*Edie

*Beth

*Mike

Edited on 04/12/2012 4:45pm

RenatoB

[6]Apr 12, 2012
    Ok, 4 commenters already, and 6 deaths have always been mentioned: Mary Alice, Martha, Rex, Edie, Beth and Mike. Let's see if the streak continues and who else is voted up.

Mgmble

[7]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 7

Mikes death has to be the best for me (not just because is the newest) the flashback thing was well played and it was such a shock to see. I just hope the finally has a memorable death, I know I'm sinister but I love the drama

evafan2005

[8]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 18

Favorite deaths are as follows...

Mary Alice, of course. I mean she started it all! If it wasn't for her demise, we wouldn't have our beloved show.

Mama Solis- It was just a humorous death, because of Nurse Heisel and the headphones.

Nora- I remember gasping out loud and getting teary eyed the first time it happened. Such an emotional impact, for someone we were supposed to hate.

Victor- I was so glad to see that jerk take a fence spoke to the heart. Good riddance.

Sylvia- Hers makes me laugh every. Single. Time. "Okay, here I go!" BAM! Yes, (to quote Mary Alice haha) there you go, indeed.

Mona- Something about her just irked me. She was useless and I'm glad she bit it.

Karl- It certainly spiced things up to have him killed off, put Bree in quite the moral dilemma afterwards!

Mike- like everybody else, the sequence before the bullet really made it powerful. So gripping.

and finally....

Alejandro- I was SO THRILLED when Carlos busted into the house to protect his wife and ended up killing that slimy pervert. And of course, it was the catalyst for what has been, in my opinion, a wonderful final season.

mully

[9]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 6

My favorites:

Mary Alice -- Can't have the list without her. She is the reason DH exists at all.

Martha Huber -- Such a shocking, violent, and brilliantly edited demise.

Deirdre Taylor -- Another intense shocker that set into motion the events that would start the show.

George Williams -- I gasped and said in my mind, "Is she really...?" when Bree sat and watched him die.

Nora Huntington -- Probably the first time in the show when a character I couldn't stand died and it still affected me to my core. Very well acted.

Carolyn Bigsby -- The first time that that much blood had ever been showed on DH, Carolyn's death was horrifying and cathartic, all at once.

Victor Lang -- A dazzling shocker of a death, Victor getting impaled by a fence post had all the shock and terror of a horror movie.

Wayne Davis -- The fact that Katherine decided to take justice in her own hands and blow her abusive ex husband away redefined the term "desperate housewife" for me.

Beth Young -- Probably the saddest and most affecting of all the deaths to me. The look in Beth's eyes when she lifted the gun to her head was haunting.

Mike Delfino -- Even though it turned out to be the worst-kept secret in the history of the show, Mike's death still shocked in how utterly brutal and violent it was, not to mention the life-flashing scene being one of the most emotional sequences in the entire history of the show.

And just because I wanna...

Least Favorites:

Felicia Tilman -- Felicia's vague and comical death was ill-fitting to the formidable and deliciously evil character that she was. She deserved to go out in a blaze of awesomeness, not on a cheap laugh.

Chuck Vance -- A throwback to Mike's hit and run accident in the season 2 finale, Chuck's death was stiffly executed, unrealistic and neither emotionally affecting nor funny.

Alejandro Perez -- One simple whack over the back of the head stopped Gaby's abusive stepfather in his tracks permanently. Kind of a lackluster way to go out considering it was billed as a "shocking murder" in previews.

Edie Britt -- It wasn't that Edie's death wasn't handled amazingly on screen (because it was in my opinion), it was the offscreen drama behind it that ensured that we would never see Edie, even in flashback form, ever again. The show would never be the same after it.

Zazawie

[10]Apr 13, 2012

My top 10 in order of occurrence on the show:

Mary Alice Young (S1): no need to explain this, I think. This started it all and is what dragged in all those viewers from the first moment.

Deirdre Taylor (S1): one of the few flashbacks that really get to me. This was such a great ending of this story and the season, everything came together perfectly (and tragically).

Rex Van de Kamp (S1): we never saw him dying, but the aftermath gave Bree her best scene ever. Too bad they ruined the character post mortem.

George Williams (S2): I really liked his sneaky behavior, but it was time to go. Again, Marcia did some great stuff in this scene and Roger Bart will always be in my top 3 of Bree's most interesting lovers.

Nora Huntington (S3): probably the biggest in-your-face death the show ever did (although Mike's comes close). It was brutal, sad and just perfect. A great way to go for a great character. Despite Nora's short run, she became immortal because of this. No disaster episode ever came near the impact this one had and it's only because of that one scene.

Victor Lang (S4): picket fences finally got a deeper meaning. Victor was a jerk, so watching him go down like that was a really rewarding experience. This one's practically a tie with Wayne's death, but since this one had more of an impact on the stories, I gave Victor the advantage.

Edie Britt (S5): not really the death we wanted to see, but a memorable one nonetheless. Edie was always put in for comic relief, so it was a shock to see her go out like this. It may have been rushed and there probably were backstage problems, but it gave season 5 the spark (pun intended) it needed.

Barbara Orlofsky (S6): probably a death everyone wanted to occur, but again one of the more impressing deaths that ever occured on DH. A son killing his mother? Big no no, but oh so tragic. Despite him doing something unimaginable, this is what made Eddie someone to sympathise with and that's what made it great.

Beth Young (S7): apparently I have a thing for tragic characters. Anyway, the scene itself felt a bit rushed, but Beth's conversation with Bree in her motel room was heartbreaking. I knew it was coming, it just hit me really hard because I loved Emily Bergl's portrayal of the character. And it was a great homage to Mary Alice's death and a way to make that 150th episode something special, despite some lackluster storylines.

Mike Delfino (S8 ): looking back at them, most of these deaths are great because of their consequences. Mike's death is one of those too, because Susan's been having more interesting storylines than she's had in years, but it was also a very sad scene itself. You can discuss which death is bigger: Mike's or Edie's, but you can't deny this one had more emotional impact. The flashbacks were entering melodramatic territory, it was predictable it would happen and the music was a bit much, but they still tore away a character we've known for more than 7 years. It might not be the last big death, but it'll certainly be a hard one to pass by.

Edited on 04/13/2012 3:59am
    Edited 2 total times.

Edie70

[11]Apr 13, 2012
    Damn, I totally frogot about Nora. I loved her unexpected death. It was terribly shocking.

MarkoTodorovi

[12]Apr 13, 2012

Deirdre Taylor

Mary Alice Young

Martha Huber

Juanita "Mama" Solis

Rex Van de Kamp

George Williams

Noah Taylor

Nora Huntington

Carolyn Bigsby

Scruffles

Ida Greenberg

Patrick Logan

Beth Young

Felicia Tilman

Alejandro

Mike Delfino

Edited on 04/13/2012 6:00am

Zazawie

[13]Apr 13, 2012

^^Spoiler alert. Just sayin' Tongue out

MarkoTodorovi

[14]Apr 13, 2012
    spoiler? really? haha sorry, but everyone knows that she will die. p.s. I do not read spoilers, really.

MarkoTodorovi

[15]Apr 13, 2012

MarkoTodorovi wrote:
    Deirdre Taylor Mary Alice Young Martha Huber Juanita "Mama" Solis Rex Van de Kamp George Williams Noah Taylor Nora Huntington Carolyn Bigsby Scruffles Ida Greenberg Patrick Logan Beth Young Felicia Tilman Alejandro Perez Mike Delfino SPOILER and i hope i like the death of mrs mccluskey

MarkoTodorovi

[16]Apr 13, 2012
    HAHA look what I did! LOL I apologize once again

RenatoB

[17]Apr 13, 2012
    Hum, yeah, I had an idea she'd die, but to read it is a whole 'nother deal.

I'll delete that portion of the comment.

Zazawie

[18]Apr 13, 2012

I didn't want to be annoying or anything, but since we white out all the finale spoilers in the spoiler topic itself, I just think it's best if we keep that going on the entire forum.Wink

MarkoTodorovi

[19]Apr 13, 2012
    Do not be a drama queen's