Desperate Housewives

Give Me the Blame

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 13, 2012 on ABC

• desperate

HAven' t seen
  • In Part One Of A Two Part Series Finale, Bree's Trial Concludes But Not Before A Surprise Witness Is Heard.

WOW!!!! This is one hell of an episode! The first part of the finale definitely hit the bullseye. "Give Me The Blame" has got to be one of the shows top-ten episodes of all times. Karen McCluskey certainly has a memorable opening scene. The most of the events take place at the court. This episode delivered amazing character development and finally the murder plot concludes. It's about time. When this season first began, I am 100% sure that nobody knew how it was going to end. Really, the ending will surprise you! That aside, the court scenes are very well done and it was nice to see Ben and Renee. Charles Mesure was excellent here and Kathryn Joosten gives her best performance to date. Roy's speech about love to Tom was heart-breaking. It will crush your heart. Tom and Lynette finally got back together! I am glad about it. Gaby's and Carlos's storyline was great. Susan's part in this episode was rather weak, but I know that it will conclude in the finale. Overall, this episode was amazing and my heart was racing from the beginning until the end. Endgame is next! I look forward seeing you there.
  • Absolutely flawless!

So this was Part One of the two-hour finale, and what an episode we saw! It was absolutely flawless in every way! Full of twist and turn and unexpected surprises! I didn't see how the housewives were going to get out of this one, but this just blew me away!

Truly a pheonmenal episode! One of the best I have seen! I really enjoyed it, and I think it was truly flawless, in every way, shape and form! Can't wait to see how the finale shapes up! :)
  • Give Me the Blame

Give Me the Blame was an amazingly perfect and extremely entertaining episode of Desperate Housewives and I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of character and plot development. It was great to see the trial of Bree in action along with other happenings on Wisteria Lane. Every aspect of this episode was perfect, the writers, directors, actors and editors and everyone else involved really made this one of the best episodes of the series. I loved how the secondary and third tier characters played a huge part contributing to the emotional connections the story. I shed tears during Tom and Lynette's last scene. The writers certainly nailed the first half of the series finale on the head and I definitely look forward to watching how it all comes together in the end!!!!!!!!!
  • What happens in court...

--Susan--

Nothing really happened here, so I expect the final hour to be pretty Susan-heavy. Really nothing to say about this actually.

--Lynette--

Aww... Sweet ending and I loved the directing, an epic little scene on the Lane. The very end was a bit clich, but who cares, the golden couple's back together! And now I'm sad knowing Darcy Rose Byrnes final scene was that little thing at the beginning of the episode. Aww.

--Bree/Gaby--

The court scenes took up a lot more time than I expected it to, but it didn't bother me. The thing that bothers me a bit is that it all got so confusing and soapy at the end that I'm left wondering what would've happened in real life. I know confessions are usually a dealbreaker, but with McCluskey's age, I'm sure the prosecutor would've tried to blame it on Karen's bad health and thus mental instability. Anyway, it was nice to see some group scenes. I guess this was kind of a redemption story for Gaby and Carlos, but since none of it came to be, I don't consider them good people now. This season really has done bad things to Gaby as a character, so I hope I can feel a bit for her in the finale.

And while I still hate the idea of Bree and Trip together, I hope it happens in the finale, because all this will they or won't they build-up and then ending with this?

--Karen--

My hero. I got three moments in this episode where I teared up a bit: Tom and Lynette's reunion, Roy's speech about love and Karen's courtroom talk about neighbors (shut up, Miss Stone!). Like I already said, I have my doubts about the plausibility of all this after all that evidence against Bree, but characterwise this was a very good McCluskey episode.