Desperate Housewives

Home Is The Place

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jan 04, 2009 on ABC

• Never mind my 10 rating, I wouldn't give this episode a 10, it's just that on the new TV.com I can only rate episodes with .0 or .5 numbers, if I wanted to give it a 9.3, for example, I would have to give it a 9.0 or 9.5.

Now, this was, above all, an extremely funny episode.

Susan bonded with Lee (guest star Kevin Rahm) while Jackson (guest star Gale Harold) was out of town. After they went clubbing, Susan thought she had done "it" with Lee. Susan's reaction to it was hysterical, and that whole scene with Bob (guest star Tuc Watkins) and his "facial hair" line really did it for me. I can't get over Gaby's laugh. It was so funny! :)

Lynette kept searching for Porter, while Bob caught on that something was wrong, thanks to Penny. That whole scene with Lynette telling Preston she would run over Mr. Schilling was creepy, although I knew she wouldn't do it, especially because Peter Onorati wasn't even credited in this episode. I'm glad to see that Stella (guest star Polly Bergen) is back. I thought she wouldn't return until the next episode!

Bree dealing with Andrew's mother-in-law Melina (guest star Joanna Cassidy) was funny, too. One of my favorite scenes on "Desperate Housewives" is that one with the two gals and the two gay lovers talking about houses in Bree's front porch. I loved how Bree took care of her rival, and I can't wait to see what'll happen next, but I thought Marcia's acting was a bit stiff in this episode.

Gabrielle's storyline did the least for me in this episode, it was funny and a bit touching, yes, but I didn't really care for it. I liked how Maria Scott (guest star Ion Overman) told Carlos he would be worth a lot by working with the blind. In the end, Carlos took the job. I don't what to make of that, we'll just wait and see. I read somewhere that Carlos' boss would have an affair with a hairdresser named Suzette... don't know if that'll happen.

Edie, Edie, Edie... finally, you caught up with Dave. He's a total psycho. But I didn't get why she threw him out in the end, I really didn't understand. Did he tell her before he had never been married until Edie? Why did she throw him out of the house just by learning he had been married in the past, when she actually was a witness to his dementia? Shouldn't that had made for a more proper excuse for kicking him out? I'm glad he's out, but I just didn't get it. I hope he doesn't become a threat to Edie... well, actually I do, but just because I know she won't die because she's a main character, so, yeah, I want Dave to hurt her a bit just to keep things interested. But I have a hunch they will be getting back together the very next episode: producers have to milk it until the season finale...

Mrs. McCluskey's (guest star Kathryn Joosten) scenes were hilarious, I hope her sister (guest star Lily Tomlin) isn't gone for good. Overall, great episode...like every other!

Next episode, Bree re-clashes with Melina, Lynette finds Porter and gets into a car accident, Susan and Edie get locked in a basement together, Gabrielle can't control her kids and someone might just die. :)