Desperate Housewives

I Guess This is Goodbye (2)

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 16, 2010 on ABC

6.6
  • Secrets come out in surprising fashion to close out a season with a very nice ending.

Overall, a great finale that nicely wrapped up a lot of subplots but not in ways you expected. The Eddie plot came to a surprisingly tender conclusion as he managed to deliever Lynette's baby and she got through to him to surrender himself. The scenes were great thanks to Huffman mixing terror with true kindness in a fantastic way and kudos for resolving it quietly.

On the other hand, the Angie/Patrick plot came to a loud ending. I really didn't see it coming Angie had pulled the fast one on the bomb but it was great how she just waved goodbye and Patrick realized too late what she'd done. I also like how they let Danny go to follow his own life showing how they truly do love each other as a family.

The Susan plot was mostly filler but the Bree one was more powerful. It's about time someone called her on the double standard of demanding Orson go to jail but protect Andrew and it should be dramatic to come clean at last, especailly Carlos' reaction. I don't really blame Orson for leaving after all that but hopefully they can mend it up.

Then we get the two cliffhangers as it first seems one kid on Wisteria Lane isn't really a member of their family (my bet is on MJ, just to screw with Susan and Mike more). And then the final scene as after all this time, Paul Young is back in town and thus next season looks quite the wild ride. This year might have been uneven but still a good finale to wrap it up while promising more for next year.