Desperate Housewives

Lost My Power

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 29, 2012 on ABC

• Reminded me of what I'll miss most about Desperate Housewives.

It's heart.

This is a show about crime, conspiracies, murder, sex, lies and betrayal, but it has taught us so many important lessons. One of the many things I learnt from this show is to cherich the people I love and not take them for granted, for one day they could very much be gone. Like Mike for example. It's heartbreaking watching Susan trying to keep MJ content.

It has taught me that I could change, and it's never too late, like Carlos. Like all our heroines. They have come so far. Bree's transformation from perfect, suburban housewife, to drunk mother who can't accept her son's sexuality, to asset in a crime, is phenomenal. It has taught me to always take the high road, like with Lynette in this installment. Her actions only got Tom deported.

The most important lesson I've learnt from Desperate Housewives is living thruthfully. Be truthful to the world, and to yourself. All the issues and scandals this show covered were based on lies, and seeing the consequences on Desperate Housewives is a constant remainder of how I should deal with my problems and work through my issues.

Now as the near ends, I look back on the previous seasons and I think WOW, time flies, and you need to hold on to the things you love and enjoy them, because just like Desperate Housewives, theres an end to everything.

It might have it's final episode in a week, but It'll never stop for me. Desperate Housewives is way too precious to my heart for me to say that it's gone. It'll never be gone. It'll have a place in my heart forever. It's not just a show, it's an era. It's immortal.