Desperate Housewives

ABC (ended 2012)

neomichel

Desperate Housewives Fan Reviews (809)

• Finally putting this series to bed...

I enjoyed this quirky little show, and have only finally gotten around to finishing off the series. I feel the murder/cover-up premise of the last season a little silly. How can Carlos by guilty of murder by stopping a man who had broken in from attacking his wife in his own house?
  • Desperate For More!

Love this show!! I was so upset when it ended.
  • About this series

It had great casting, main title theme music, acting for Felicity Huffman in season one and Kathryn Joosten in season one & four.
  • Always in my heart

For 8 years almost every Sunday night curling up on my couch with my mom I knew that it woud be a great night. Miss these ladies
  • loved this show!

This was my favorite show of all time! I am soooo sad that they decided to end it :( It seems they left a possibility for bringing it back in the future and I hope that they will. It would be nice to see what happened to all the kids and their kids. Or a movie?? Or reunited in the future? Fans want more.
  • Kissing Them Goodbye

I Am sooooo Disappointed that this is their last season but it was a great and amazing season filled with love tears and all sorts of emotions I am certain that ther is no show that can replace it and i hoppe that one day the housewives can share a secret that there was one time where they all reunited for some sort of event and make a movie out of it <3
  • Who says the suburbs are boring?

This show ran for 8 seasons and has never left me down once. We follow the lives of four women who are so different from each others, and so equal at the same time. The problems they face, the family crisis, the joys, the good days, the bad days... everything.

What amazed me in this show was the fact that it wasn't just another slapstick series where we see different families facing everyday trouble. It is a series where the values of family, friendship and support are always present. Plus, the fact that we had each season a juicy mystery regarding a new neighbour who moved in, it was enough to make us wonder what would happen next.

The cast was just perfect. I especially loved Teri Hatcher's character, Susan, who was the funniest of them all, but was also the one who managed to give us that feeling that even if she was incredibly clumsy, she could be incredibly serious and competent when she wanted to. Also loved Eva Longoria's character, Gabrielle, who made me laugh about the not so serious attempts of her to find true happiness. Marcia Cross's character, Bree was without doubt the most complex character in the show because she suffered so much, but always managed to come up on top of everything. Felicity Huffman's character, Lynette was amazing, portraying the typical super mom who tries her best to raise a family, while working. And finally, Brenda Strong's character, Mary Alice Young, who provided us with a wonderful narrative of the events (her voice is incredibly sweet and caring, and I just wished she would have appeared a little more like a ghost, or in flashbacks).

It deserves a 10, not only because it made us laugh, but because it also made us cry, cheer and applaud from the first episode, to the incredible ending.
  • Goodbye

I can't imagine life without DH. Why are they ending the series. I just don't believe that bs story of decreasing numbers of viewers. They are unique. There are many shows thats really bad and they go on for years. Bring them back, please!!
  • Always keeps me hanging!

I have been following this show since the first episode and it leaves me hanging every single time. I had to get Netflix and Hulu to catch up on 5 years of seasons! I can't believe it's lasted this long and look forward to enjoying more seasons to come.
  • Better ending

The finale was good but it wasn't great. It would have been nice to see flashbacks of previous episodes. I would have like to see old favorites come back like Zach and Paul Young, Nick and Angie Bolen, Andrew and Danielle, Anna, Katherine's daughter Dylan and Susan's mother Sophie. We should have also got to see more of Katherine than what we got. But it's ok. It was still a good send off.
  • MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SHOW AND IT ALL ENDS TONIGHT ;)

This show gave me so much - laughter, tears, shocks, giggles, joy, sadness, made me angry and disappointed me many times but also took my breath away and made me a proud viewer and a fan. These past 8 years have been a blast and I was always entertained, there no show that could ever replace it.

Desperate Housewives is not just a show or a title of this landmark series ... it's also something very special for me and millions of other fans worldwide. It's these characters, this wonderful cast and crew, storylines, moments, music, Danny Elfman's theme music and most of all - the joy we experienced while watching this show. Thank you Marc Cherry for creating this true hit, you made so many good and so many terrible choices during the show's run but it doesn't matter now.

The show ends tonight and I will always treasure it and remember it as the soundtrack of my early years. Yes, I was only 13 when I started watching, now I'm 20. I grew up with it and invested 8 years into it, I think of these characters as my dear friends from some kind of a different universe ;) and this amazing ride ends tonight. 180 episodes, 8 years, about 90 character deaths, one kickass lawsuit and still dead Mary Alice Young later.
  • U will be missed ;)

Dear Desperate Housewives. I've given u so many hours of my life, and you have entertained me so much. I wil miss u ;P
  • Many people I know dislike this particular show...

...but I think it is one of the better shows that have ever gone on the air. I like the interplay of the characters and all the bizarre situations that keep you wondering what will happen next. I am a fan of the directors work going back many years and I feel that he did a good job with this show. I don't know if I would buy it on DVD, but I do like to watch it whenever possible...
  • Just a few things

One of the best endings to a TV series that I have ever seen. That being said, I don't think that Bree would have gone into politics with all those skeletons in the closet (news reporters being what they are). It was nice that the Scavos and the Delfinos end up together in New York (if I remember correctly, Julie was going to go to school there and Susan would help take care of the baby). That way they can all enjoy the grandchild. I still don't understand why Mike had to die so close to the end of the series. It didn't really serve any purpose. Too sad for Susan.
  • Hilarious!

Great acting here! I like their stylish outfits, their multiple personalities, and wittiness! The 'gossip' is always enticing and their outfits seem to draw appeal towards their bubbly personalities as desperation explodes the screen over and over again...
  • Desperate Housewives - The Best Drama Show In The History Of Television!!!!!!!

First of all let me tell you how I got into this series. And second of all I am a 15 year old boy. A couple of my friends (girls in my class) recommended this series to me. I thought that whatever, if I won't like it, it is not so serious. So I bought the first season and it DAZZLED ME!!!! The first three episodes did not interest me but then the plot started to develop and it turned out to be an excellent season. I watched 23 episodes in 3 days. The I ran into the store and could not find it so I got the big package with the first 6 seasons. It took me 2 months to watch them and I enjoyed every single minute of it. I couldn't wait for the release of the 7th season and I pre-ordered it. It came out 12 days before the 8th season premiere in Finland. As of today, I have seen every episode of the series and tomorrow airs the 8.12 in Finland. I can't wait! But as you can see, I'm a 15 year old boy and I enjoy it! Everybody will love this show! I like all the characters! Flawless. 10/10 <3
  • Perfect

The show is just perfect in my opinion, not much else for me to say.
  • All my fav shows are ending!

Guys! All my fav shows are coming to an end!

First they took Smallville & now this! They better keep Once Upon a Time & Pretty Little Liars!

I love Gabby. I know I didn't start watching this show till season..After the twister that ruined their town but still! I watched all the season in 1 summer to catch up!

I hate Bree! She makes me so mad! But her son is hot so they should bring him back! And I'm loveing the new pregnancy time line thig going on! Her & the red head! AHHAHA sooo good!
  • It's time to say goodbye...

It's a great show, which I've been following for eight seasons additively. But even good things must end...
  • I <3 it!

Just started watching the show with this newest season, but I'm already hooked and definitely gonna have to watch it from the beginning soon!
  • Late Shows

I've really enjoyed the series.I hope Carlos can confess and the talented ladies can minimize the punishment to prevent Bree from getting lost.Hope another series or more reruns.This is a picture of John Waters(local famous director/producer) and myself by my partner.Mom had some fun with the show,too.I was an Army test director/tech and then the law exams.
  • Boy, these Housewives are desperate!

Whoa. Words cannot describe how boring this show is--even my mom hates it! We were hoping for a show with--I dunno--DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, and what did we get? This tripe about whiny dorks who say they're desperate, but look like the only desperate thing they've done in the entire show is--break up with a boy. Wow---that's really desperate. Shoot me, just shoot me. In fact, if that show was still on, I'd watch it when this piece of corn isn't polluting the airwaves. Think of the ozone layer! What pollution has our society bought into Planet Earth? Invisible, yes, but it still pollutes the air! Clean up our peaceful planet and kill this show!
  • I absolutely love this show! In fact, I love it so much I wish I were living right in the middle of Wisteria Lane so I could see the "goings on" of all the families there. Yeah, yeah I know----it's just television but what if it weren't! Make room for me!

I didn't watch this show when it first aired but people at work kept talking about it on Monday mornings so it got the best of me and I had to judge for myself. I was hooked right away, there is no doubt about that and the first chance I got, I quickly caught up with the episodes I hadn't seen. Now I can't get enough of this show! Many changes. I miss Edie, still and I miss Karl (loved his personality) and would have loved to know if Bree could have tamed him for all time ending in perhaps she dumping him. I hope this show never ends but, of course, it has to. My only hope is that either I'm too old to see anything on television by that time or it is replaced with something that I'll love just as much, if not more.
  • One of the best shows on TV!

Keeping you watching to the end you don't get board and will never think about watching anything else at 9PM on Sundays. Sadly this will be their final season and I have been watching this show since season 6. :( Soon I would like to see all the seasons in full. Every episode flows into another in a Interesting way. I highly recommend Desparate Housewives and can't wait for next week's episode!

• A great show mixing comedy with drama and mystery.

This show started out absolutely fantastic! Any one episode could make you laugh and cry all in one hour. After 5 seasons though the jokes started to get a bit old and while each season was original, the themes started to repeat themselves. I feel that the last couple seasons were dryer than the previous, but hopefully this last season will have the show go out on top again.

• Who done it.

Some touching momemts take place this week. Susan dealing with the loss of a kidney and her remaining one working at 5%. How sad for her son to have to see her collaspe in the hallway. Carlos told Gabby that looking for Grace would lead to trouble and it has. I don't know how I would deal with the situation if it were to happen to me in real life. So she decided to get a doll to replace the pictures of Grace... The levity of this week issue goes to Bree, Keith, and Orson triangle. Where will this lead to? The food fight was pretty hilarious. Should Renee have told Lynette about the one night stand with Tom? Only future episodes will tell us if this was the right choice. And finally, who shot Paul? I thought it was Mike but, he says no.
  • i had an affair with the hot guy that mows my lawn...

i have 4 kids & i'm pregnant again. i've slept with my friends' husbands. my husband is a thieving deadbeat that's now confined to a wheelchair...but that's OK, because next week i'll be married to a hot plumber... then an exec, the week after that... next, i'm gonna get with a hot lezzy stripper... i'm gonna be getting in on all the juicy gossip & secrets...without having to share any of my own.

every week i live the life of a married suburban american desperate housewife--without having to deal with any of the problems of one. thanks to the comfortable detachment provided by my remote control.

DH is unique in the way it was 'packaged'. there is a narrator, a housewife (ended her own life) that once lived on wisteria lane herself. the show speaks to a vast/powerful market (females young or old, conservative or contemporary--the world over) & for this reason, the topics/characters are rather diverse & can go from trite (in other words..."very relatable") to absurd (gaby) to quite shocking (s&m). sometimes there's a lesson, & the element of mystery is a constant. it's a show for women, WITH women......created by a man (marc cherry)...

dh came out the year sex & the city ended (probably a diabolical corporate plan, bwahahaaa), & like cashmere mafia, i thought it was just gonna be sex & the city version 2.0....

or maybe sex & the SUBURBS......

but at this point, i think it's safe to say that desperate housewives, "it's something else".
  • Desperate Housewives is still fantastic and desperate!

I am a little shocked that this show is still good in its 7th season! I am absolutely loving it this show. Desperate Housewives has had its ups and downs but overall has rocked. I've always loved Susan's character the most. But the others are fantastic as well. The actors are talented in this multiple genre show. There's comedy, drama, romance, and so much more. I love how Tom and Lynette are still married after all these seasons. Most marriages don't last so long on shows. I can't wait to see what the next season will bring us! I can actually see this show lasting until season 10 or so.
  • Sometimes i like it

7.2
    sometimes this show is zingy, sometimes it\'s so unbelievable. i just have a beef with shows that make characters do things they would never do really, like a dr. who lies for his patient or something. those kind of leaps in logic just don\'t work for me. also, the morality of the show is completely out of wack. people get away with heinous stuff and the show seems to tacitly condone it.

plus, can the women stop vomiting in their trailers in a massive bulemia fest? i am so sick of overly thin women, blech. note to hollywood: it\'s not sexy to look like a malnourished third world hunger victim.

• One good show going down...

2.5
    When "Desperate Housewives" first premiered in early fall of 2004, it was a major and vast hit: It was the number one show of television for the week, and audiences all over were enthralled and taken with the likable characters and equally likable actors who portrayed them. The show then was able to make more appropriate ends meet; there were magazine articles, and reviews hysteria, with each one of the 'housewife' actresses getting the proper amount of attention and stardom. The ratings soared, and sky rocketed; the producers, and writers were satisfied, the plot lines worked perfectly. Each housewife had a storyline that lasted the entire season, only one really big desperation for each one, but one that was real and enough to soak up the satire and make it last an entire season, while giving audiences something to think about. Each housewife represented you or someone you knew, male or female, and though juiced with satire, the show had a gritty realism that was hard to shake off. When a housewife made a decision, shocking, or expected, it was with requited realism. and enough down to earth material, so that when a big moment occurred, it was Big! And it kept audiences tuning in for more week after week. After twenty - two episodes of almost perfect, entertaining satire, and wit, the season finale aired, and gave Mary Alice Young, the show's unseen narrator, a real purpose (not to mention a damn fine finale monologue) and gave audiences a real cliffhanger, everyone was waiting to see what was next....

Next came in the form of an episode called 'Next', as the season two opener. Though starting with a not so witty, more of an expected one note commentary by Mary Alice, who has no real value to the show anymore, and clumsy comedy that was inserted where it was not needed, the show still showed promise for an exciting season. But that is where I was wrong. The show had lost all that had made it work. It lost that fresh charm, the new realism, and likable wit and satire. Mary Alice speaks in monologues that are irrelevant, and some do not seem to make sense when you think about it. The characters are not the strong women that they were, they are false, and totally bogus, not believable for a second, except for a few good turns by Felicity Huffman, and Marcia Cross, and a couple by Teri Hatcher, but as for the rest of them, they all seemed to become more like caricatures instead of the characters we came to love. They act out of line, like complete idiots who don't know what to do with their lives, and the story lines became short lived, and some real good ones were never resolved, while others were far fetched and resolved in a short second, then dropped as if they never happened. Most of all, the biting satire, the women in power, and the 'all is well that ends well as long as I said so' motifs are completely gone and forgotten.

Alas, 'Desperate Housewives' has become just another nighttime soap opera. It always was, but as I said, it had a biting satire, comedic touch, that no one could really label. It was new, fresh, original, and in your face. No matter what you thought, you could not turn away from it, and had to know more. Now, about 3/4 through the second season, I honestly dread to think how they are going to pull the show back together. The ratings are dropping ever so slightly, and there seems to be more stupid plot development and bad episodes. The only thing desperate about it now is that the characters are no longer desperate, and the audience seems to be flailing. It is typical dysfunction among the crowds and in a few seasons, two or three, at the most, the show will disappear, and people will forget all about it, because there is nothing memorable about it anymore.

This show went from a seemingly loud message begging to be heard, to pure escapism, not a formula that suites it. I guess I can say I was with a show of pop culture phenomena for awhile, but this just goes to show that nothing good lasts forever. Oh well, as a review said about another wasted opportunity of a show: There was almost a good show there once.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10