Desperate Housewives

The Art of Making Art

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 23, 2011 on ABC

• 8.05 "The Art of Making Art"

Written by: Dave Flebotte

Directed by: Lonny Price

Ok, I was getting frustrated by this because each episode interested me less and less and I was very worried because we were getting all these weird fillers in the last season (but now we know that they were saving good stuff for the 2nd half). The only scene I liked in this episode was drunk Carlos going to "help" Gaby to school and she was so desperate and ashamed of him in front of the other women / her enemies. Bree had this crappy filler, volunteering, Lynette attended a singles bar ironically named MAVO'S and made out with this hot guy. Gaby was organizing in PTA this time - forced comedy, ugh, no no Eva, Susan got naked (again?) for her art class and obviously she was the only one naked in there. 4,5/10 I am sorry.

• Not very exciting, but quite funny!

Well the storylines in this episode were definitely not very exciting, but I must admit that this episode had some absolutely hilarious moments! Most notably, Gaby's storyline was awesome! It was really quite funny and I enjoyed it!

Moreover, Susan's storyline was quite funny, particularly not showing up in clothes at the cancelled nude art session!

Lynette's and Tom's storyline was not interesting, and has not been for quite some time. I don't enjoy these scenes very much.

But the ending of the episode was just GREAT!!! Can't wait to see what will happen next, and am definitely looking forward to next week!
  • I'm disappointed in this season...

This will have spoilers of course...I am very disappointed in this season and this episode is the worst. First of all, Carlos killed a man, who had broken into his home and was attacking his wife. Why the need to cover it up? Because he was her step-dad, because she thought he was already dead?? And??

So the season started weird for me. Carlos' guilt and alcohol binge makes no sense to me, he was protecting his wife. Gabby as a PTA president? So unbelievable. Susan naked, unoriginal. Bree making fancy soup, snooze. The only story making me feel anything other than boredom is Lynette's and Tom's. Throughout the series she was thinking he would cheat on her, she found out he had a daughter, he slept with her friend in college; it is sad that their marriage is coming to an end. I wonder if they will divorce or some tragedy will bring them together again. Hopefully it is a tragedy so something interesting can happen.

• The best episode of the last season yet

I must say Im quite disappointed after watching the opening of this season, characters just fall apart and its so depressing, however after watching The Art of Making Art, I feel something is back, the plot wasnt all original but at least it comes back to the path I love about the show in the first 5 seasons: something warm and dark and fun at the same time. Hope next episodes will intrigue me more and make the last become the best.

• The Art of Making Art

The Art of Making Art was a superb episode of Desperate Housewives and I really enjoyed watching this episode though some of the scenes were a little redundant and felt forced. There was character and plot development along with intrigue and humor. Susan confronts her art instructor and he confronts her and challenges her which was interesting. Bree helps at a soup kitchen with unintended results which later lead her to a very uncomfortable position in dealing with Ben. Lynette was awesome in this episode as she got into the dating game. I hope her and Tom work things out, but it is fun watching them deal with their problems. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!