Desperate Housewives

The Thing That Counts is What's Inside

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 17, 2010 on ABC

7.6
  • Laugh, yawn, repeat

Warning may contain spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Where do I start? This wasn't a horrible episode but I think it helps to back the rumor that this could be the last season of Desperate Housewives (source; various websites). At lot of this episode pointed out that the ladies are not as young as they once were, not that we needed it pointed out to us what with the numerous kids, grandkids and "laugh" lines. Does anyone remember when Teri Hatcher was the most downloaded Bond Girl? Me either! But I digress and promise to focus on this particial episode with few deviations. So lets start with Gabrielle and her ATM Carlos. They got to meet their switched at birth daughter and Gabs took a liking to her because she knows the finer things when she sees them. The I love her because she is a mini me is a bit odd. Does being "spoiled" really come from DNA? I'm not a scientist but I'd have to say no. It's more or less determined by enviroment, hence Gabby's brats being a bit spoiled, minus the one we never see or hear about (except when it seems conveinent to the story). Props to surrogate mom to standing up to Gabrielle for spending crazy money on her "daughter." When will people learn you can't but love with Chanel?
    Next up to the plate, Susan. She had to know there would always be the chance that someone in America or even her hometown might see her at "work" in some form or another. She only has herself to blame for any advertising. Odds are she is a banner ad somewhere in that world. And I personally don't know any adult website that has billboards, but DH did make a few years jump to the future so I don't know what laws have been changed.
    Quick wrap up, Renne and Bree fight over Keith in a cougar show down using information that they got from Lynette, who niether one got upset with. Lynette's daughter Penny took Paige to school and was reveled to be a pretty good big sister in the process while Lynette's parenting was called into question. Of course, it still confuses me how a bus driver would let an 11 year old girl with a baby on a school bus. I wasn't allowed to take my dog to school on the bus, the driver told me to take it home while he waited. I remember that the police were called because they thought the bus had disappeared. The driver never had the radio on but I bet he does now.
    Happy veiwing!