Detective Conan

Saturday 7:30 PM on Premiered Jan 08, 1996 In Season

SrRui

Detective Conan Fan Reviews (50)

• i love detective conan

best anime ever i wish it will never end <3 , the new kaito kid anime is also awesome i wish they make a mini anime for heji and kazuha too <3
  • I LOVE THIS MOVIE SO MUCH

Well i love to see hattori heiji withe conan cauze they both fantastic hihgschool also want to see conan men in black cauze this should be the main show of DC and also conan kaito kid cauze they both funny espiecially kaito kid because his afraid with LOVE THIS MOVIE SO MUCH
  • With fun characters, mind-blowing mysteries, and awesome story, Detective Conan is easily my favorite anime

WARNING: A FEW SPOILERS

I was introduced to this show when I watched it dubbed in my home country during a summer visit, back when I was around 9/10 years old. I fell in love with it and began to look it up online, and it wasn't long before I began watching it subbed. The story's premise might seem strange and maybe silly to some, but the author uses it to its full potential to create a brilliant anime/manga. Basically, the main character, Shinichi Kudo, is a famous high school detective who uses his geniius to slove difficult murder cases. One day when he is visiting an amusement park with his childhood friend, Mouri Ran, he runs and is shrunk after he witnesses a suspicious transaction between a man dressed in black and a business man. He gets knocked out from behind by the man's partner and is given a pill that's supposed to kill him, and he is left for dad. When he awakens, though, he finds himself shrunk to an elementary school kid. He renames himself Conan and sets off on a quest to get his body back.

Plot: DC actually has little plot for around the first 127 episodes. Sounds crazy, right? Of course, that's only if you consider Black Organization (BO)- related stuff to be the only plot. In the first 127 episodes stuff does happen, characters are introduced, and a LOT does take place. Its just that the organization that shrunk Shinichi into Conan barely appears. Once you reach episode 128, though, the organization does begin to show up a lot more, and the story really kicks off once Haibara Ai, one of the top scientists of the BO, the one who made the drug that shrunk Shinichi, appears and confronts him. From there on the plot becomes a real thrill, and is full of suspense, action, mysterious characters, complex mysteries, and mind-blowing plot twists. There are usually long waits between episodes where the plot moves forward, but if you're patient you'll be rewarded with a story you won't forget anytime soon.

Also, don't be fooled by the cheerful picture above; Detective Conan is definitely lighthearted at times, bu it can also become petty dark rather quickly. There are some tragic murder cases that often deal with very mature themes that children shouldn't be exposed to, and things get dead serious when the Black Organization gets involved. The more you learn about them, the more you realize that they are not people you mess around with.

Characters: The characters in this series are lovable and likable, and there's an abundance to love an like. The main cast is very well developed; Shinichi changes a lot as Conan, and his character development is fascinating as he changes thanks to the experiences he goes through which mature him. Haibara Ai has some wonderful development to as she starts off as a cynical, suicidal person who sees only the dark side of human nature, and actually makes some profound observations on it, but slowly changes thanks to Conan and the Detective Boy's influence. There are too many characters to mention here, but I'll just say the author does an excellent job writing their different personalities. There are a lot of characters to love, both the deep ones and the fun ones.

Mystery: So yeah, this is basically to the show what action is to action shows, and let me say that the mystery cases in this show are MIND-BLOWINGLY INCREDIBLE. I can't emphasize this enough, the author is a GENIUS. The mysteries are nothing like Scooby-Doo mysteries; instead they are complex, intricate, and often difficult to solve. There will be many where you will be utterly stunned by the cleverness of the solution. Expect tons of mysteries (literally nearly every episode has a mystery, after all it is a mystery show) which you are likely to enjoy. The murder cases are often so good you can go back and rewatch the case even if you know the conclusion. Seriously, the mysteries are great. Also, if you like gore, there are plenty of bloody and brutal murders to satisfy you, although they decrease in number a bit as the series the beginning the murder cases start out a bit simple, yet still clever, but they gradually grow more complex as the series goes on, with some of the later cases being so complex you can literally barely make heads or toes of it. I've seen some people comment that this anime has murder cases superior to the ones you see in American tv shows, so you get the idea.

Music: Awesome, the soundtrack fits the mystery aspect perfectly, and there is always a brilliant track for every occasion, whether it is romantic, funny, mysterious, or serious.

Animation: Since the show is so incredibly old, the animation in the first episodes is not the greatest, and generally, because the series is so long and there isn't much action to animate, its made on an ok budget. The animation does improve substantially the the later episodes, though.

Well, I know all that wasn't even close to covering the whole show. It's simply too huge (nearly 700 episodes at the time of this writing) to cover properly in such a short review, so alas, I have definitely not done it justice. It's my favorite anime, and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone, regardless of gender or interests. One of the many wonderful aspects of this show is its broad appeal, as it literally contains almost everything: mystery, thrill, suspense, comedy, romance, action and more. Even if you're not a mystery fan you're likely to still love this show. Its length might discourage you, but trust me, its completely worth it, or else you'll be missing out on an experience you won'tr get anywhere else.

This anime's awesome.
  • Always will be my Favorite

This show has to be one of the first animes I fell in love with and I just love it so much. It will always be one of my favorites! And it premiered in the month before I was born in the year I was born. How lovely is that! It was so well done and all. I just wish more episodes would be dubbed to English but if I really have to, I will watch it in subs.
  • It is my childhood favorite.

I started to watch Detective Conan since grade 3,I watched it after school every day,then discussed it with my classmates.Although it was hard for grade students to understand how the case would be solved,so I only focused on the romance especially the romance between Ran and Shinichi until I was in junior high.From that day on,I watched the movie yearly instead of the series.You know the series is too long.Though I don't often watch it but it is still one of my favorite anime.

Not only is the story outstanding,but also the music.I bought an album called the Best Collection of Detective Conan ten years ago.These songs are very classic nowadays such as Summer Without You,Like I've Returned to a Girl and I think Step By Step is classic as well.

I've already known the 13th movie of DC will come out next year,who knows if Conan will turn into his original self or not.
  • Detective Conan became my favorite anime show relatively quickly. It's just great!!!

I don't get people who think it's a kid show just because the main hero is shrunk into a child, I love fillers they don't annoy me, music is awesome, anime helps you to become smarter, conan vs men in black is really epic, and master thief kaito kid is fantasic!!!

The manga/anime has been airing since 1994, it's still ongoing and became among the biggest anime stars!It has about 630 episodes and 780 manga chapters mading it the 24th longest manga running series in Japan. It's really awesome, I gladly recommend people to start watch this!!!

• Decent plot, riveting mysteries but characters seem too polished.

You're got to give it to Gosho that he's still dishing out new mysteries even after 13 years on the job. But unfortunately what turned out to be a unique and highly pleasurable to watch series seems to have suffered under the constant demand for new chapters and ideas. It almost feels as though Gosho's been so preoccupied with maintaining the mystery element of the series that he's failed to progress with the development of main characters. The clearest example here is protagonist, high school detective Shinichi's growing moral egotism which keeps him emotionally detached from the suspects he investigates. Instead each case becomes more of a statistic and the suspects themselves get hardly any true development at all. These dry 2D characters simply become tools in the final deduction which once completed would predictably end in the character's admission of guilt and Shinichi or one of the other main character's moral message that ties the whole case in a neat little package. I guess what personally bothers me is that Shinichi himself never learns anything from the cases he solves. Unlike the older episodes (the Moonlight Sonata case for example) he now seems to be at the point where there is no character flaw, and that makes the show hard to get into. It also may be hard to take in for those new to the show that it's teenage stars are able to easily outwit senior officers at their own case time after time. Absurd as it may seem this too soon becomes repetitive. For once this reviewer would like to see a team of trained forensic officers solve as case before Shinichi/Conan does. However the show is still watchable for it's clever mysteries and a plotline that now seems to be heading towards some sort of showdown with the Black Organization (the bad guys), but don't hold your breath yet. This has been happening for awhile too.
  • Fabulous anime!!

Jimmy Kudo, 17-year-old high school student, while investigating a blackmail case, is attacked by two members of the Black Organization and is given a newly-developed drug that is supposed to kill him. However, due to a rare and generally unknown side effect, the drug doesn't kill him, but transforms his body into that of an seven-year-old grade schooler.

In order to hide his identity and investigate the whereabouts of the Black Organization, he adopts the pseudonym Conan Edogawa, moves in with his childhood friend and crush Rachel Moore, and enrolls in elementary school. He continues investigating criminal cases with Rachel and her inept private investigator father, Richard Moore. Jimmy also performs investigations through the Junior Detective League (少年探偵団, Shōnen Tantei-dan?), a group he forms with his friends at the elementary school. As the series progresses, so does the relationship between Jimmy and Rachel.

Later in the series, his investigation into the Black Organization catches him in the crossfire between the members of the Black Organization and the FBI and CIA agents that were sent to investigate the Black Organization.
  • One Of The Best

Detective Conan. One of the most under appreciated anime dramas I've seen. I barely ever see Detective Conan anymore. It no longer airs on normal cable and the only place you can find the DVDs is the internet.

I realize that Detective Conan has a large underground fandom, but it seems that no one wants to spend the time watching it anymore. I personally love Detective Conan and I wish it was as popular in other countries as it is in Japan.

With over 500 episodes to date (mid-2008), Detective Conan is one of the longest running shows ever. Probably in the top 10 for anime. 16 seasons is a long time to stay devoted to a single show, yet DC has yet to lose my attention. I pine weekly for the new episodes and chapter releases and I try to get as many people as possible to watch it.

Detective Conan is a drama series filled with action, mystery, a bit of science fiction and romance, a lot of lovable characters and enjoyable filler. Yes. Enjoyable.

I greatly recommend this show to all who are searching for a long term anime experience.
  • absolutely fabulous!!! One of the most popular anime ever!!! I think even though there is no such thing as a poison that can shrink people(in this world),the cases are not impossible to be done!!!

17-year-old high school student Jimmy Kudo, while investigating a blackmail case, is attacked by two members of the Black Organization and forced to take a newly-developed drug that is supposed to kill him. However, due to a rare and generally unknown side effect, the drug doesn't kill him, but transforms his body into that of an eight-year-old grade schooler.

• Simply Awsome!!!!!!!

This is murder mystery about a high school detective named Shinichi Koudo. On day when going to tropical land with Ran Shinichi sees a odd transaction with two men in black not paying attention one of them men sneaked up behind him and knocked him out and gave him a drug that was supposed to kill him but instead it shrinked it to size of a elementary student. Trying to get his body back Shinichi goes to see his fried Dr. Agasa for help where ran comes to check on Shinichi she sees Shinichi and he comes up with the name Conan Edogawa and lived with Kogoro who is a detective and solves cases for him trying to get closer to the men in black.
  • The best detective animation. That's all.

Oh,yeah! I like this animation. It contains love, drama, friendship, mystery, and action. Give applause to the animators! Why? Because they could make good quality animation without showing too much sadism. In this animation, we could see murders and dead victims. And because the blood was reduced in large amount, it changed to be a "Show for everyone". And Detective Conan is very famous in Japan. Even they make a real drama based on the manga. Then the animation aired in many countries.

Enough about the technical stuff. Now I want to write the reason I like this animation. Sinichi Kudo is multi-talented 17 years old boy. Perfect main character means perfect animation. Unfortunately, he is facing a perfect criminal organization too. In every episodes, every character has their own world. I mean they really look like do the thing they have to do. It never gets bored even when a guest character comes in another episodes.

I like Sinichi Kudo but I don't like Conan. I don't know why.
    They look so different for me.
  • A masterpiece

This show is about a high school student Shinichi Kudou, who is smart and famous for helping police solve crimes, that is until one day he and his body shrinks, due to an evil organization called Vodka, he becomes a child again and names himself Conan. Conan then lives in Ran's and her father's apartment and helps her father solve cases, also looks for the organization in order to get the secret pill's recipe, so that Professor Agasa makes an antidote and he can return to his actual form. It's a really mind blowing series and you get to solve crimes with Conan, which make it even more fun and a little educational
  • A great teenage detective ends up turning into a six-year-old. While trying to find out how to get back his regular body, he also solves crimes.

Usually, I'm not a fan of dramatic shows, but I can't pass up a good mystery, and that's just what Detective Conan is. After the first episode, one might think that the series would be more focused on Shinichi trying to find the men who turned him into a child and regaining his body. Instead, Shinichi stays with Ran says his name is Conan Edogawa, and still tries to solve crimes. Ran's father, Kogoro Mouri, is another detective, but he isn't as good as Shinichi.
    In most episodes, someone is murdered and Shinichi takes it upon himself to find out who did it. Clues are given while the audience and Shinichi tries to put the pieces of the puzzle together.
    The show isn't all drama though. There tend to be funny moments, but that's usually at the beginning or at the very end of the episode. Despite the vast number of episodes, I'm still entertained by each episode. I think someone who likes mysteries would enjoy this program.
  • Detective Conan, a mystery story, is a story about a high school detective named Kudo Sinichi. One day when they were in Tropical Land Kudo disappeared and out came Edogawa Conan. Now Kudo hides from the men in black in order to protect his loved ones. :)

I totally think that this is so cool. I hope there are more movies coming up. I really love the cases and episodes, especially when Ran suspects Conan as Sinichi. This is a really educational and it helps you sharpen your deductive skills and smarts. I hope that this will continue until the next few generations. And I also hope that Sinichi doesn't die and he gets to be living with Ran Mouri happily ever after. I have no negative feeliongs about this show no matter what others say. I just say that this is out-of-this-world cool. It is really worth your recreational time.
  • It is a brilliant work of art by the greatest writer ever in history- "Gosho Aoyama!" It has a very good storyline and the best animation. Its romance mixed with mystery and a bit of comedy is a very good theme for its viewers.

Detective Conan is a story about a famous 17 year old high school detective who was shrunk into his 6 year old body. It all started when he went to a theme park with his best friend Ran Mouri.During the trip a murder occurred and with his deductive skills, he successfully solved the case. When he and Ran was about to go home, he bade goodbye and went to a corner and witnessed an illegal trade. One of the illegal traders saw him, hit him with a metal bar and gave him poison which made him shrink. After that, he found out that his body had shrunk and he was in pursuit of th men who did it to him.
  • The Biggest flaw would be the Length. Its insane but the thrill of the Cases just makes it worth watching the whole way through

Shinichi Kudo. a famous dectective at a young age is drugged and turned into a kid but hides it from everyone so involve others. Oh though I think the part where he turns into a kid is kind of meaningless i guess its just to add a twist seeing as he uses an Uncoinsiouss body and some Bow tie Translater. Gadgets here arent the story just the Cases and how they are performed and solve is what ceeps you to this! quite LONG indeed but the cases never get old! Makes the love story a tad meaningless as well but its a nice break from the Rapid cases that happen what after the other.

Its worth watching but it takes awhile to finish just try it and find out but I recommend trying the first 50 before continuing this
  • Detective conan brings mystery and action together into anime. It follows the story of a young boy and his never ending struggle against the criminals of japan.

Detective Conan is just like other detective shows on tv such as Law and Order. Each episode is another day where Conan must find the truth behind each crime. Unlike other detective shows there is also an overall main story, the Black Organization. Their involvement in the storyline gives the show an extra edge of excitement. Will Conan ever find a cure? Will he be stuck in the body of a child forever? Will the organization fall at the hands of Conan?These are all questions viewers of the show want answers to. Because of these questions I find myself conflicted. I want to know the answers but in knowing the show must end since it thrives on these mysteries to function. Aside from the mystery and action aspect of the show you get little pieces of humor because of Conan's apparent age. The running gag is that he and Haibara must act as children often embaressing Conan especially around Ran. Overall the show is great to watch. It has several side arcs (Kaitou Kid, Police Love Story, Shinichi and Ran) which keep the "filler" episodes interesting. I would reccommend it to anyone who likes a good mystery.
  • one of the shows that can keep you thinking what will happen next....

Best anime that can be compared to reality except for the part that conan became a kid and imitate the voice of mori. If you want a brain twisting cartoon or anime, this is the one for you.

Every episodes is somewhat satisfying except if your a anime fanatic( that you don't stop watching a show until you finish it), almost every situation in the story is very convincing and not exaggerated. That's the reason that I watch this show.

The movies is even better than the series because the plot is more exciting and entertaining, not mentioning the running time is longer...
  • sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much.

sinichi is a good detective... sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much. sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much. sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much. sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much. sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much. sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much. sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much. sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much. sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much. sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much. sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much. sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much. sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much. sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much. sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much. sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much. sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much. sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much. sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much. sinichi is a high school student that has a powerful kick. he is good in soccer but he decided to be a detective in the age of 17. he's favorite story is the story of the detective conan. he is inlove in ran. he's best friend. ran loves sinichi very much.
  • Case Closed, also known as Detective Conan in Japan and other countries, is a detective manga and anime series by Gosho Aoyama which has been published in Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine since 1994.

At the beginning of the story, 17-year old (16 years in the manga) high school student Jimmy Kudo (Shin'ichi Kudo) becomes a 6-year old boy, Conan Edogawa. Jimmy Kudo in the beginning is known as a high school student detective. One day, Jimmy goes to a theme park named "Tropical Land," with his childhood friend, Rachel Moore (or Ran Mori). He encountered a case where a roller coaster passenger, Kishida (Kenneth in the English anime), is killed in a spectacularly bloody decapitation. He solved the case and then on his return home, he witnesses a suspicious deal of some men dressing completely in black. One man in black spots him, knocks him down, and gives him an untested poison named Apotoxin-4869 (APTX4869), which is intended to kill him and ensure there will be no body left to investigate. Although he isn't killed by the poison, when he comes to his senses, his body has shrunk down to the size of an elementary school boy
  • best anime detective show out there.

after being turned into a small child by mysterious strange men, you would think by now that conan edogawa would be back to Jimmy Kudou.

i love this show. being a murder mystery fan, this show was right up my alley. all of the different murders, and the way conan/ jimmy solves them is fabulous. i wonder who writes all of those? a brilliant mind, thats who. deep down, i really want rachel to find out who conan is. who knows? the thing that bugs me is that she will never know who he really is. kid detective? no. someone she loves dearly, and goes to highschool with.
  • How can you not love the adventures of a Detective turned small?

This show has held it's grip on me since the moment i set my eyes on it and i've loved every minute of it since then. Kudo Shinichi, the High School Detective of the East, is force fed a drug after witnessing an illegal transaction by an illusive organisation. The drug, rather than killing him as the Org. had intended it to, he shrinks 10 years. In his vulnerable state, he ends up hiding at his Would Be Girl Friends house. This series, although long, can be shortened down to the episodes based off of the Manga. Some will tell you that their are no fillers as this show is really a Detective show, but 459 episodes - and counting- is a LOT of episodes. If you find 459 episodes too much to deal with, you can find a list of essential episodes here: http://members.shaw.ca/makimura/DCN/EPS/DCNCRITEP.html

WATCH IT! 'Kay.
  • Excelente anime

Este es sin duda uno de los mejores programas de televisión q vi en mi vida!!!
    tiene accion y comedia y es realmente inteligente. Se van todos a la concha de la lora.
    Tiene que gustarte detective conan...tiene de todo...es una masa si no te gusta sos una paja flotante.
    Lástima que acá en Argentina no lo están pasando, puta madre tengo muchas ganas de verlo y encima pasaron poquitos episodios (si te pones a ver la parva de capitulos que están pasando, tiene mas de 400) ¡¡¡TIENE QUE VOLVER, CARAJO!!! Es una mierda que no vuelva!!!. Bueno, en fin...Viva Detective Conan!
  • My favourites animation

Detective Conan......It was my favourites animation. Detective Conan was created by Gosho Aoyama. The story in Detective Conan is about a kid called Conan Edogawa. This little boy was Shinichi Kudo's shrunken self. Shinichi Kudo is a high school detective who regularly helps solves cases for the police department. One day, after investigating a case, he follows a suspicious man in all black and witnesses an illegal deal relating to the smuggling of weapons. He was knocked unconscious by another man in black without paying attention to what is behind him. He was shrinks to the size of a six-year-old after given poison by the man in black. That's an amazing story! I like this story, It is a story with mysteries. I have collect many episodes of Detective Conan. This is a great animation! Anyway this just my review, but I think it is worth to watch.
  • My favourites-Dtective Conan

Detective Conan is my favourite animations. This animation is about a 17-year-old famous high school detective called Shinichi Kudo. While investigating some suspicious activity, Shinichi was knocked over the head by a man dressed in black. During his semi-conscious state, an experimental drug was forced down his throat that was meant to kill him. Instead, Shinichi was shrunk into a little kid, Conan. The story is interesting, I have collect about 300 episodes in VCD or DVD. That's an amazing animation. I will collect it as more as I can. This animation have many mystery cases, Conan have to solve all the mystery cases. That was FUN! Anyway, this is just my review.
  • BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

Omg i love this show to death.When it first appeared i thought adult swim had gone mad; putting a stupid kid show on an adult network.But to my surprise i was very wrong indeed.I sat down and watched for a couple of minutes just to see what the storyline was about and, I really got pulled into the whole mystery solver concept.It puts the viewer into the detectives seat and lets u try to solve the case before conan does.Every episode i just sit there pounding my head trying to see who did it, and its not just simple "oh its obviously them" cases. The storyline editors really put some thought into how the mysteries would unfold.Every piece of evidence and aliby falls into place in the ending and its just a jaw dropper to see u had the wrong guy all along.GREAT GREAT ANIME!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Even though i never saw detective conan, I know it is the same as case closed. Case Closed is my favorite show so i know this must be good. Or the same thing.[:

Shin'ichi Kudou is a high-school student who is famous for helping the police solve crimes. His almost girlfriend, Ran Mouri, is the captain of the karate club. Ran's father, Kogoro Mouri, is a detective and blames Shin'ichi for his lack of business. One night while Shin'ichi follows someone suspicious in the amusement park Tropical Land, he is given poison by a man in black which was supposed to kill him, but instead shrinks him to the size of a six year old. Under the suggestion of Professor Agasa, he keeps his identity a secret from everyone until he can change back, going under the name Conan Edogawa based from mystery writers Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and Ranpo Edogawa.
  • One of my fave cartoons.

Detective Conan is a mystery type cartoon. It's about a high school student named Kudo Shinichi, he's a famous detective that goes around solving mysteries and crimes. But one day, while observing the men in black doing some mysterious business, he got caught by one of them. They made him ate a medicine that turns him into a 10 year old boy. Shinichi then came to live with a crazy detective (Mori Kokoro) so that he might get some news from the men in black. While waiting for the news, he help the Mori to solve mystery, but still keeping his secret identity under the name of Edogawa Conan. I just love this cartoon!
  • A favorite show of mine

"There is only one truth" and the truth is i LOVE this show. Unlike many other animes it make you think. "How was the murder pulled off?" "Who is the killer?" While the show can get intense at some points I love how the detective is none other then a cute 7 yr old boy Conan Edogawa (Who is actually a 17 yr old Shinichi Kudo). This anime has not only gotten some thinking out of me but also some laughs because when Conan tries to voice something about the case adults ignore him and Kogoro gives him a whack or throws him out of the room. This is an anime any mystery lover can enjoy. It is my favorite anime by far. ***** out of *****
< 1 2