Detention

The WB (ended 2000)

Detention Fan Reviews (5)

6.9
  • This show centers around a group of kids, their mean teacher, and said teacher's kiss-up. Doesn't it remind you of a certain Disney show?

2.5
    This show looked like it had good potential, but it failed. Disney's One Saturday Morning was beating Kids WB! in the ratings for Kids WB!'s Saturday morning block (and adding to that, Disney was adding a weekday afternoon block for OSM the same time as the weekday afternoon Kids WB!), so Kids WB! had to rip-off one of the most popular shows on the block, which happened to be one of my favorite cartoons, Recess. So basicly, this show was made to compete with Recess, and that was its entire purpose for airing.

The characters aren't very interesting and their only personalities are to act like the main six from Recess in one way or another. While the main eight kids all each have personality traits of at least one or two of the kids in Recess, their teacher, Miss Kisskillya, is an obvious rip-off of Miss Finster from Recess.

The show only lasted 13 episodes, and never got picked up for reruns. I'm assuming this was because the popularity was very low, or Disney sued. Again, it would be a lot better if it wasn't ripping off a pre-existing show.

Watch the REAL Detention, Recess, instead of this show.
  • I would rather be put in a detention room with a group of sadistic kids than watch this show again.

1.5
    At one point Disney's Saturday Morning Lineup was crushing Kids WB!. Realizing that they needed viewers, Kids WB! created a show they dubbed "original", but instead it became one of the most infamous ripoffs of all times, Detention. It centers around 8 kids who get into trouble and go to detention. There they cause mayhem while they have to be careful of their sinister teacher, Miss Kisskillya. So you may think this show is actually good and original, but upon watching it it's nothing more than a cheap clone of Disney's Recess. The characters are flat and uninspired ripoffs that are similar to Recess. Shareena is the leader and acts like TJ Detweiler. Orangejella and Lemonjella are the brains and are dead ringers of Gretchen Grundler. Duncan Bubble is similar to Vince LaSalle. Gug acts like Mikey Blumberg. Jim reminds me of Gus Griswald with how shy he acts. Shelly Kelly is the good girl who hates trouble. Emmitt is the weird one looking for aliens all the time. Miss Kisskillya is the evil teacher and is an obvious Miss Finster clone. To be fair Emmitt and Shelly are the only ones who don't remind me of any Recess characters. Now while a few of these characters have some personality they mostly are underdeveloped. The humor is full of unfunny gags and jokes that have no heart in them at all. The stories are boring and rather cliched and have been done to death with no new stuff added at all. The artwork is not bad, but I've seen better. The set designs are decent, but the character designs are unoriginal, and look weird. There's nothing really redeemable about Detention other than the fact that it got canned after 13 episodes, with no reruns, and no home release DVDs or videos, and I say good riddance. I would rather be put in a solitary confinement cell for a month than see this show again. Pass up this mess that Kids WB! spewed out, and see Recess instead you'll have more laughs and more fun with that show, than Detention.
  • A great show brought out before it's time that we need brought back.

The show was great why it never got a chance I don't know maybe a petition should be started to ask CW to put it on DVD or relase trhe tapes to Cartoon Network. I can't believe Kids WB cancelled it after one season
    someone get a petition going. This show was grea and not a cheep ripoff of Recess like some people thought.
    It was jsut not the right time for it i guess ro ahead of it's time so let's get a petition going to get it on DVD or get the tapes released to Cartoon Network. We want detention back!
  • Detention was great, it should have not been cancled.

This was pretty good, from what I can remember. I don't even remember the kids names. And that is a shame, because I liked detention alot. Detention is one more show that did not get a chance to become something big. Or just die out after a couple of years, but now we will never know how big or small it would have been now will we?
  • This was a great show, it should never have canncled at only one season. Kids WB sucks for that, they never gave this great show a chance. I say it's a wonderfull show. The characters are all great, the animation is great too. The princple is the only ann

This was a great show, it should never have canncled at only one season. Kids WB sucks for that, they never gave this great show a chance. I say it's a wonderfull show. The characters are all great, the animation is great too. The princple is the only annoying character.