Detroit 1-8-7 Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

3 more episodes remaining, Most likely to be cancelled. Low rating.

cinaos

[1]Feb 16, 2011
    • level: 6

Detroit 1-8-7 is a really good show. I hate to see it cancelled after just one season.

The decision made by adding 3 extra episodes to the seasonback in Oct. didn't help much now that ABC is ready to make the decision in cancelling the show since the rating is too low. 5 million viewers and 1.2/4 Nielson rating won't help much in coming back for another season.

No show on 2/22. It will be back in March. 3/1, 3/8, and 3/15 at 10pm. Really hoping these three days will boost up some ratings and have ABC keep this show.

Turn on the TV, watch this show on ABC, and hopefully it will give us another season.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Placebo_obecalP

[2]Feb 23, 2011
    • level: 13
    It's a superb show, will be gutted if it's cancelled, another example of American television being wasted on Americans.

mimisc2009

[3]Feb 24, 2011
    • level: 9
    Love this show and hope they don't cancel it.

cinaos

[4]Mar 1, 2011
    • level: 6

Oh no, another week until the show is on. Who cares about Charlie Sheen.

cheriebery

[5]Mar 2, 2011
    • level: 7
    I really hope this show stays around It's the cream of the crop IMO. I am sick of good shows dying and crap living on.

DreamCruise

[6]Mar 6, 2011

Placebo_obecalP wrote:
    It's a superb show, will be gutted if it's cancelled, another example of American television being wasted on Americans.

Hey wait a minute......not all Americans are unappreciative Laughing

Maybe this will be a surprise renewal ..........hopefully.

DavidDePriest

[7]Mar 10, 2011
    • level: 2
    Hey, maybe we could all DO something to promote the show instead of lamenting about how poorly it's done? If it were to get say a 2.6 or more on the last two episodes, then it could get renewed. It's evident that Paul Lee likes the show (not more than Rep. Giffords, Charlie Sheen and Obama) but enough. More than TWT, My Generation and the other 3 shows that didn't survive in this timeslot. We need to recruit people to save this show! We shouldn't leave it in the hands of executives to renew a show. They want ratings, we can give them ratings.

sumdumgoi

[8]Mar 13, 2011
    • level: 5

I love Detroit 1-8-7, it's among the top 5 shows I've seen on the three major networks, and probably in the top 3. Unfortunately TV critics for several periodicals and websites seem to be in agreement that the show will not be renewed. Every show that has pre-empted Detroit 1-8-7 has garnered at least 3 times the ratings. I'm hoping ABC will take a chance and choose artistic merit over ratings (i.e., money) for this show, but I am not very hopeful. The only factor that gives me a faint glimmer of hope is that NBC saved Homicide Life on the Streets despite dismal 1st season ratings, but the saving grace for Homicide was that it won at least two TV awards, including a prestigious Peabody. Detroit 1-8-7 has garnered very positive reviews, but no awards. Despite Homicide's prestige, NBC renewed it for only 4 episodes in the 2nd season--those 4 episodes gathered much increased ratings, perhaps featuring Robin Williams in a prominent role in the 2nd season debut was a major factor.

If Detroit 1-8-7 is proverbially given the ax, I hope a cable network such as TNT, F/X, or Fox, will pick it up. I think the show is perfect for F/X and I also like the scenario of Detroit 1-8-7 and Justified on the same network.

SMG

cheriebery

[9]Mar 21, 2011
    • level: 7
    If this show isn't renewed, no show is worth renewing. I think Detroit 187 is the best new show in a long time. Great characters, acting and heart. I hope someone out there with the power to make decisions about what stays is paying attention. Renew this show!

DreamCruise

[10]Apr 5, 2011

The production company is reportedly packing up to leave Highland Park......not a good sign. Frown

http://www.detroitnews.net/story.php?rid=44378707

Edited on 04/05/2011 6:24pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Feverish30

[11]Apr 11, 2011
    • level: 1

This is one of the few shows I watch and enjoy. Detroit 187, Southland, Chicago Code all pretty good cop shows. Better than the CSI, NCIS, Law & Order style shows. These shows measure up against NYPD Blue, and Hill Street Blues. They hold up well and the casting has been great, especially on Detroit 187.

mancnbhoy

[12]Apr 13, 2011
    • level: 12

I'm really sorry to see this show go. Great scripts, great casting and great story lines.

Why is it that shows such as this get canned? Is it shown at the wrong time/day? Is it under-promoted? I really don't think the cast and crew could have done much more.