Detroit 1-8-7 Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

Episode Discussion: Motor City Blues 1x17 (spoilers)

TesserT

[1]Mar 15, 2011
    • level: 77
    Please discuss episode Motor City Blues (Mar 15) in this thread. Enjoy!

Wonder what the outcome of Stone will be?!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

therockstop

[2]Mar 16, 2011
    • level: 14

I really liked the episode. We are starting to see some plot lines to unfold. I hope they decide to bring this show back next year. I am looking forward to the season finale.

Just_Jos

[3]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 11

GREAT episode, setting up for what should be a good finale.

haldrey

[4]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 22
    Fantastic episode and looks like the finale is going to be a bomb. I am going to be mad if they do not bring this one back.

SuziHB

[5]Mar 21, 2011
    • level: 7
    Loved seeing Michael Imperioli's real life son, Vadim, play his son Bobby in this episode. It's starting to build in tension for the end of this series and like many others I hope it comes back for another season!

sumdumgoi

[6]Mar 24, 2011
    • level: 5

This episode is one of the best, if not the finest, episodes yet. Its greatness are the individual development of most of the key characters and the strengthening of their relationships. I especially loved the Majun-Longford interplay at the end, the Fitch-Fitch (son) relationship developing throughout, and culminating with the Fitch-Fitch-Sanchez interplay at the Coney dog place. The scene of Washington playing with his infant son was also very nice, especially when Washington placed a finger kiss on his son's forehead and his son gazed up at him and responded with a smile and clapping his hands together--that was a real money shot and I only wonder how many takes were needed. Lt. Mason got short-shrifted though--I wish the producers and/or director had depicted her more substantially.

Overall this is a superb episode. I agree with the choir that Vadim Imperioli was excellent playing Fitch's son--speaking as a heterosexual non-pedophile male, he's very handsome as well. As I am writing this, the final episode of Detroit 1-8-7 has been aired and saved on my DVR. I hope the finale is even better, but I'll settle for just as good. My enjoyment of this episode was marred by the knowledge that the series will likely be canceled. I only hope that another network has taken note of the show's virtues and will pick it up, much like TNT picked up Southland for its 3rd season from NBC--in fact, Southland did well enough for TNT to order a 4th season.

SMG