A Devious Maids Community
Monday 9:00 PM on Lifetime

NCIS: EVERYWHERE NEWS

... Someone at CBS has finally realized that the network could use another edition of NCIS, so another spin-off is in the works. The new series would be set in and around New Orleans, with a backdoor pilot planned for a super-sized spring episode of the original series. NCIS star Mark Harmon would produce, with fall 2014 a likely debut date for what can only be called NCIS: NO. [Deadline Hollywood]

BUSINESS TIME

... Congratulations, Emmys! Your constant reminders that all our loved ones will someday die bummed out the biggest audience for the awards show since 2005. Sunday's broadcast on CBS averaged 17.63 million viewers, up a third from last years telecast on ABC. Apparently airing a bunch of football beforehand helped out ratings. [CBS via press release]

... More ratings! Dexter's apparently disappointing final episode reached the series' biggest audience yet, with 2.8 million viewers tuning in for the initial airing. Ray Donovan's Season 1 finale also did well, with 2.1 million viewers. That's a Showtime best for a freshman series' season finale. As for Breaking Bad, it continued to be awesome and rise in the ratings even with a lot of competition from Dexter and the Emmys, and hit a series high with 6.6 million viewers. Remember when you had to convince people to try to watch this show? While we're at it, let's just mention that Lifetime's Devious Maids wrapped up its first season on Sunday, and 3 million viewers watched that for a season high. [Showtime via press release / The Wrap / Lifetime via press release]

... Without even knowing much about it, I'm already declaring this next project a Most Anticipated New Show of next year. Ken Jeong, better known as Chang from Community, is set to star and produce in a medical multi-camera comedy on NBC. Dr. Ken will loosely be based on Jeong's own experience as a real physician (he was a doctor before he turned to acting). [Deadline Hollywood]

... TNT has canceled its drama King & Maxwell after one season. The series starred Rebecca Romijn and Jon Tenney as secret-service agents who became private eyes. Isn't that a description of every TNT show? [Deadline Hollywood]

CASTING NEWS

... Kendra Wilkinson, who made a career out of having sex with an old polygamist, will appear on Fox's The Mindy Project this season because every single celebrity is legally required to guest-star on this show at some point. The former Playmate and Girls Next Door star won't be playing herself. And I don't have any other details on the news because I read it on US Weekly and that rag is more concerned with what type of water bottles Gwen Stefani is using. [US Weekly]

... Army Wives' Sally Pressman is dropping by Scandal for a few episodes this season. Her role is being kept under wraps because this is Scandal y'all! Look for her in November. [TV Line]

... Bethany Joy Lenz of One Tree Hill (she played Haley) has landed the lead role in E!'s scripted series pilot Songbyrd. The drama follows a songwriter named Lauren Byrd (Lenz), who has a small group of employees who help her with her unusual songwriting process. And then there's love problems and all that, of course. [TV Line]

... D.B. Sweeney will appear on Two and a Half Men this season as the boyfriend of Courtney Thorne-Smith's character Lyndsey. He's only due on one episode as of now. [THR]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 7/25/2016

Season 4 : Episode 8

Next Episode

AIRS ON 8/2/2016

Season 4 : Episode 10

69 Comments
Comments (69)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
We don't need another spin-off! The original has already suffered since the 1st spin-off was created (and which is horrible IMO). Any time there are spin-off that are basically the same show in a different place, they run out of ideas and all of the shows get stale and boring (like CSI). And this announcement also makes me even more suspicious about CDP's departure from the original.
Flag

NCIS operates all over the world, this series is not CSI which only operates in the US, why not open a NCIS Europe, hell it may even allow TV to educate as well as Entertain, if actually filmed on Location, as NCIS, being a Naval Criminal Investigation Service, will be forced out of land locked Berlin, Madrid, London and Paris, leaving only Lisbon Portugal or Rome Italy, which due to both countries lack of military power would make either a terrible choice and before any one says what about a NCIS Barcelona lol do not be silly, back to my point, a classic example of education would be showing that there is more to our respective nations, than our capital cities, not that you guys state side ever see that, unless your one of the 9.8% of Americans that have a passport and travel see our real people experience our real accents, culture etc... after all just look at CNN, I am not a violent man but I would slap Richard Quest for the way he completely miss represents the UK, to start he puts on that accent, not one person actually speaks like that in the United Kingdom which is not England it is made up of 3 countries and one province, basically instead of States, Governors and Presidents, we had / Have, countries, Kingdoms, Kings, Queens, Princess and so on.... United Politically and United in royal blood, that's why we are not called; the US V 1.0 and you guys and girls the US V 2.0, also please look at who singed your declaration of independence, why do you guys in the US always ignore Wales, only sometimes acknowledge Scotland instead its all Ireland this, Ireland that, and ironically England this, England that. Anyway that is just a British example, the way your media also misrepresents other countries is horrid, A NCIS Europe could be used to correct things, whilst entertaining, Because even Ducky "David Mccallum" has a very limited idea of the true nature of the UK, even as a Brit search the history of Why he left our native UK in the First place the words silver spoon and old world order come to mind anyways before this turns into a mega rant La Fin....

More+
Flag
Everyone is abandoning Community and it hasn't even been cancelled yet.
Flag
Unlike a lot of people I tend to be very pro spinoff but I'm not much of a fan of franchises (L&O:SVU, CI, CSI:Miami, NY). When a spinoff is developed it should be more like Frasier (same works with recurring characters like Laverne and Shirley). You take a character and put him in a totally different environment, therefore not replicating the original show. It's better to have Better Call Saul than Breaking Bad: Miami. That way you're exploring new territory and creating an intricate television universe instead of depleting it.

Flag
Forgot to finish what I was saying: NCIS should spinoff a show that is related to it more in the manner that it was related to JAG than a replication of NCIS. I'd rather not see NCIS in the title. Maybe it could involve the Air Force, etc.?
Flag
JAG interesting point, the unfortunate thing about that is that the US remember I come form an Allied country the UK, Personally I also am a friend to the US so please no shooting the messenger, But you will never get an international fan base as the US military justice system, due to you not being prepared to submit to the ICC is not trusted one bit, plus and sorry, you guys have been involve in way to much rendition to ever be taken seriously in this regard, so a JAG series in 2013 will only work for the domestic market and would be laughable internationally As for a Air force style series, people world wide and in the US would rather the money spent on renewing the SCI-FI series stargate Atlantis, which ended half way through its major story line aka plot, with no answers, and unfinished business
Flag
Well, if a movie called Captain America can be sold well overseas...
Flag
I should of added the whole "SacNav V The People" Episode of JAG, that tried to show the US is capable of working with or even being questioned by the International Community, which it is not, after all we in the UK sedum tolerates it either, any how selling DC or Marvel to the world is easy, just do not follow the original comics, which come in two versions, Adult and Child, most movies base them selves on Child version so the whole do you want fries with that is replaced by thank you, now here is your Marvel / DC inspired toy to aid our profits, etc.... By the way as an Adult I love Marvel and DC just wish they would remember to represent the NON-US hero's in there collective repertoire, as it does annoy me that even with non-US based hero's, such a Optimums Prime yes I know not DC or Marvel, Its an American voice even though transformers originally came from Japan, where are non-US children's hero's, well I suppose their is DR WHO, not sure your opinion on that???? Look Dads American I love the states be really, honestly, oh please, come on and all that :) xxx
More +
Flag
Why another NCIS? Why would they greenlight a series in New Orleans when they passed on one that included stars like Kim Raver and John Corbett? Makes no sense to me.
Flag
NCIS:NO.... couldn`t have put it better myself :p
Flag
i think they are testing the possibility of another show , red team sucked and it won't make it for a full season yet renewed .. so it was smart decision not to make that show , though i still think they shouldn't make another NCIS spin-offs in the same teams , i would suggest making a show about the CIA and call it " Langley " that deal with espionage , politics , and corruption .. so it will be more like JAG
Flag
I agree. It needs to be about something a little further from NCIS but still related.
Flag
I am sad to hear the news of King and Maxwell. I thought it was an excellent show and I was looking forward to the next season. Darn you TNT.
Flag
I agree
Flag
NCIS New Orleans miiiiight work if they don't just repeat the shitstorm "undercover" idea of NCIS LA. But I suspect it won't because Hollywood sucks at their only job.

The Emmys failed to recognize Jack Klugman's passing, the Emmys can suck a fat donkey flopper.

Who are all these new eyes tuning in for the LAST episode of Dexter? How do you avoid watching the show the rest of the time and then decide to try it out then? Hype-whores.

Ken Jeong's sitcom will be named "Dr. Ken"? That's kinda awesome, but I really hope it's written and directed well, he's a very funny guy who goes very far off the rails without proper control.

Sorry, a week late on that King & Maxwell cancelation news... and a decade late on the joke. Hiyo!
Flag
NCIS is not bad, but it's not a must-watch either. A series set in New Orleans always sounds nice though.
Flag
Not if they shoot here in LA though.
Flag
I know I am in the wrong, but never found the appeal with any NCIS; original or spinoff.
Flag
Devious Maids confuses me! If there's going to be another season, how will they fit the maid who wasn't a maid after all, into the show again?
Flag
I'm still waiting for NCIS: Tucson.
Flag
Another NCIS spin-off is expected. It's just too popular a show. And the original NCIS has been going a decade now so there's no guarantee how much longer that can last. The fans will watch but the key actors may wish to leave.

The difference between the New Orleans spin-off and Red appears to be that NO will be spun-off from the original NCIS so it can be more like it.

One should also remember that NCIS was a JAG spin-off and JAG also failed to get at least one show to spin-off. Not all spin-offs work but that doesn't mean they shouldn't try more. And one can't properly judge the new show from the backdoor pilot. NCIS turned out somewhat different than the backdoor pilot and NCIS:LA turned out quite different, including changing cast and location.
Flag
JAG was also canceled by NBC before CBS picked it up and turned it into a powerhouse though. Nobody really wanted to watch Mac be the new Jag in Oceanside or whatever that failed backdoor pilot was going to be.
Flag
It's called NCIS: NO for a reason lol
Flag
Exactly why they'll probably refer to it as NCIS: NOLA.
Flag
That's weird. I remember that CBS didn't greenlit RED, because according to them, they didn't want to dilute the brand with too many spin offs.

Okay, at this point I doubt that any new spin off can take away anything from the strength of the brand. The first 2 seasons of LA were pretty lame and yet the original show still managed to work its way to the top over the course of a decade. (Something you have to respect, even if you hate NCIS. These days shows normally start out on top and then lose half of its audience by the middle of season 2.) The worst thing that's going to happen, is that the new series gets cancelled early.
Flag
The real reason is that NCIS now is officially on its way out, and NCIS LA still kinda sucks and is diluted, and NCIS RED was a horrible idea nobody wanted to watch with the wrongest possible cast.
Flag
Why is it "officially on its way out"? Okay, I doubt that they will keep going for another 10 years and one of their most popular cast members is leaving (although in all fairness both Sasha Alexander and Lauren Holly weren't exactly unpopluar either), but it is still the #1 show in the US (maybe even worldwide, but I'm not sure about when and where I read it), the ramainging cast just all signed new contracts and even LA still pulls in strong ratings. (Although not as strong as its original show.)

And we can sure argue about the "kinda sucks" thing. In my opinion they found in season 3 finally their voice and managed to be a very entertaining show, that at one hand stands on its own feet, but also feels like a NCIS spin-off in terms of character chemistry and entertainment value. (Something that LA was seriously lacking in its early seasons.)
Flag
It's on its way out because Ziva is leaving and they're replacing her with a younger, blonder model right at a time when the show is starting to show its age.

NCIS LA really doesn't feel like NCIS to me, there's something kinda dumb about the undercover operation aspect that is handled all wrong, they want it to be like NCIS too much, it holds it back. And all the backstory stuff feels very stuck now. Yes, the show has gelled some as it's matured, but it's still a clumsy show, a "guilty pleasure" rather than more.
Flag
I love NCIS, but one spin-off is enough. NCIS: LA tried to have its own spin off (NCIS: Red), which fizzled out. I have a feeling that unless the second NCIS spin off has a kick ass premise or has a special character (like Ziva), it might fizzle out, too. (Hmm, I wonder if they would make the spin off Ziva-centric?)

I liked King & Maxwell. I thought King, Maxwell, and Edgar made an interesting team.
Flag
NCIS:NO lol They better watch out some vamps just moved down there.
Flag
Apparently NCIS is trying to become the new CSI.
Flag
And has been doing so since forever.
Flag
Abby-centered spinoff, or I don't care.
Flag
Agreed
Flag
I can't stand her anymore.
Flag
Starting to agree with Mcarson there.
Flag
Didn't NCIS try this last spring with "Red"?
Flag
I like maxwell, and Opie was so great in it!!!!
Flag
I've always wondered why we're so concerned about how many people watched a series finale. When you think about it, it really doesn't matter.
Flag
they still have to sell the DVDs :)
Flag
I think I prefer NCIS: WHO DAT NATION! I'd watch that show.
Flag
I do not watch any ncis'. I tried L.A. way back when it premiered and it wasn't for me. I highly doubt NO would be any different. I do watch a few procedurals (spelling?) in CSI: vanilla; the only csi I ever watched and pretty much only got into it lately while having caught a few random episodes throughout the years prior. bones, which is and has been losing me with the romance crap. elementary; and rizzoli & isles up until lee's passing, I'll probably go back to it when his episodes have all aired. oh and hawaii five-0 but I watch that one with the fam is why.

I had perception level expectations for king & maxwell and what I got was rizzoli & isles or leverage at best. I was going to tune in for the second season in the hopes that it improved but likely wouldn't have stuck around had it not.

Flag
Hey, TnT!
Did you renewed Franklin & Bash any chance! or Did Heather Locklear cancel the show, by ruining it to the ground...

And I did like King & Maxwell, it was quite interesting show.... It's quite sad those theme shows around action and crime always find itself getting cancelled... While fantasy theme shows like Falling Skies, The Walking Dead and Haven gets first prize renewed...
Flag
I don't watch NCIS, or the other one, why would I watch yet another? CBS loves them some franchise spinoffs though, and I don't watch any of them.

I wish The Mindy Project would actually develop some sort of plot before trying to attention whore themselves out.. bad enough the worst actor in the history of history is guesting on it right now..

can't stand Ken Jeong, so I will definitely not watch that show.
Flag
More NCIS--WHY!?!?
Flag
Good Wife is no where near on the same level but POI is. That's why it got moved to tonight lol
Flag
Okay, I'll stop watching The Good Wife and watch NCIS till my eyes bleed. Thanks so much for the insight.
Flag
Because it's the BEST show on tv
Flag
"Most watched" =\= "Best". That said, it's solid and entertaining and clever enough most of the time. But best? Noooo.
Flag
The Good Wife is an excellent call, one of my favorites. White Collar is a more fun procedural, Suits, Major Crimes, CSI, Justified... and I don't even watch much "good" tv like Breaking Bad or Mad Men to call up. NCIS is fine and good at what it does, but it's akin to USA's Royal Pains, it's safe and fun and solves things but it doesn't really do much as a drama or an action show beyond its immediate entertainment goals.
Flag
@Broken Arrow1119--The Good Wife and Person of Interest are two that come to mind...
Flag
Prove me wrong. And if you name any shows about Zombies or Vampires you can move along
Flag
Sigh, yet another bit of stunt casting news from The Mindy Project. This is practically a weekly affair now. Settle down, show. Concentrate on your core cast and become the solid comedy that I know is lurking in there somewhere.
Flag
I'm actually bummed about King & Maxwell. I thought the show was cute and I'm in the middle of watching The Closer for the first time so I'm all full of Jon Tenney love :(
Flag
You took our Closer advice :) So you're enjoying it then?
Flag
YES! I love it! I'm about to finish season 6! I was so sad when Kitty died though, but now they have Joel! I'm worried when it's time to watch Major Crimes that I won't adjust to Brenda being gone and Raydor being in charge.
Flag
Kitty dying was really sad! It did seem a little odd not seeing Brenda at first, but that very quickly subsided for me. I really liked Raydor from the beginning on The Closer so I enjoy seeing more depth in her character...not to mention Mary McDonnell can pretty much do no wrong in my eyes. Plus you still get the great interaction of the squad guys and the wonderful addition of Rusty & his storyline so I think you'll enjoy it. Let us know what you think of The Closer's final eps & MC!
Flag
I worried about adjusting to Major Crimes, too, Daniellecio, but I really like it. I hope you do, too.
Flag
I liked King and Maxwell, it was a pretty good show.
Flag
Damn for King & Maxwell. I liked it because it didn't take itself to seriously. WTF for ANOTHER NCIS spinoff! Before I cop any agro I do like NCIS I just think it's fine on its own. Don't want another CSI style franchise. That's why I am enjoying Sleepy Hollow (so far anyway) it is different.
Flag
But what can of water bottle *does* Gwen Stefani use? I need to know if I need to get a new one! (Sidebar: I actually do love Gwen Stefani)
Flag
I liked King and Maxwell, Ryan Hurst was awesome on it.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members