Dexter

A Horse of a Different Color

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 23, 2011 on Showtime

• This episode got me really interested again in this season of Dexter. I was starting to look forward to Homeland more than Dexter, but "Horse of a Different Color" got me sucked back in...

I can't remember this episode in chronological order at this point, so I'll just do a "things I liked/didn't like" format.

Things I liked:

Brother Sam: Mos Def is a great actor, and I love his character so far. I loved the awkward moment when Deb asked he and Dexter if they're friends when he showed up at the hospital.

Ryan: Ryan's hot, and so far that's strictly the only reason I like her. It doesn't seem like she could just be done and off the show, so I looked at her wikipedia page and it says she is in 7 episodes of this season... so apparently she has some more damage to inflict.

The Doomsday Kill: Their kill reminded me of the scene in "Silence of the Lambs" when Hannibal hangs up the dead officer like an angel. It was creative, dark, and I liked it. Does anyone else think that the Professor is only in Collin Hanks' head?

Dexter's nanny: She's hot too, and I'm hoping her and Dexter hook up, since I can't (why else would she be in the season?)

Things I didn't like:

Dexter the medical examiner: One of the biggest strengths of Dexter seasons 1-4 were the very tight and plausiblestory lineswith minimal holes. Dexter all of the sudden being the medical examiner isn't a "hole" per se, but it's one of those things that instantly popped up in my head as something that didn't fit.

The whole religious backdrop?: This I'm not sure about... so far it has added to the story and is going along fine. I just hope it doesn't get too intense and make things come off weird- I can't explain what I mean I could just see it getting weird(er) than I would like. Thoughts?