Dexter

Are You....?

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Sep 30, 2012 on Showtime

• Passing the security checks and then not boarding on the plane: it's like a terrorist alert

and going around in the airport, drugging people and breaking in to private areas and finally leaving the airport with a surfboard case with a dead body in it? The only airport of the world with no security cameras?

and also: you find out your brother is a serail killer and the only expression you have is a dumb, blank face?

This once my favourite show is going to wasteland
  • ....... a serial killer

This episode had high expectations and it didn't disappoint It was interesting to see how Debra handled knowing the truth about Dexter but what she knew at the beginning of the episode was nothing compared to what she found at the end of the episode Things get worse for Dexter when earlier on he dropped the slide of Travis's blood which was found at the crime scene by La Guerta who now has an idea that the Bay Harbour Butcher is still alive and Debra finds out he is the Bay Harbour Butcher by finding the slides and his weapons I don't know what she is going to do now but Dexter is in trouble.
  • A clever title goes here!

Write a quick review to share your thoughts...
  • A clever title goes here!

AMAZING!!!!
  • Best episode in a long time :)

I've been repeatedly disappointed by the last two seasons of Dexter, just waiting for the story to focus on Dexter rather than the pointless drama between Batista and Laguerta. Loved the surprise in the beginning and appreciated how the writers didn't just stretch the ending to stall for ideas.

Finally, a reason to watch Dexter again <3
  • Great Start

The first episode of this season came as a surprise (as expected). the first episode has never deviated from the main story line - Picked up from it left in last season. Last season Deb went on and on about she loves Dexter. The last scene of season 6 might have pushed all her "Why I can not be in a successful relation ever" crap out of her mind because it was blown. What's better, she even found that Dex is a serial killer and killing Travis is just a normal thing for him.

We have to see how she, being a captain, is going to deal with this. Will she hush up the killings or will she try to understand and reason with him.

We can not judge the entire series with just first episode but this is really promising. I really liked last two seasons. We have to wait and watch how Dex is going to explain his dark passenger and will he mention that it was all part of Harry's plan.

Somehow I get a feeling that Deb will understand it and perhaps later in this season we may even see both of them 'operating' together.
  • About time

I am so finally glad that they have Deborah in on the secret. I am also a reader of the Jeff Lindsey Dexter Series and she knew from the end of book one even though to the current novel she still doesn't totally trust that he is not in any way killing innocents. I was ticked off with the season 5 ender with Deborah just letting Dexter and Lumen go because of the bad memory of the Ice truck killer and having watched those aweful videos that she was glad that someone was helping out lumen to get peace.
  • OhMyFrakenGoodness!

Where do we go from here?

I'm stupefied right now! Speechless!

I don't know where to begin.

How does the best drama in television history keep getting better?

!And better? !And better? WTF!
  • Great kickoff to a Very Promising Season!

First off, i really hated the previous 2 seasons of Dexter. They were very sloppy and left the audience asking a lot of questions. This season, however, started with an episode that felt unlike any episode of the past couple years. Great tense moments, and it was pretty dark, which is why we all like dexter. The reason I really liked dexter seasons 1-4 was because it was (for the most part) believeble (with the only exception being his magic search engine). The last 2 seasons seemed very unbelievable. Did anyone notice that in season 6, Dexter's only 'traditional' kill was Travis? Anyways, some elements of this premiere were a little unbelievable (for example the mobile fingerprint scanner on dexter's iPhone, or the fact he killed someone in an airport of all places), but lets hope this is kept to a minimum because the rest of the episode was great.
  • Are You....?

Are You....? was a perfect episode of Dexter and a great start to the Seventh Season. I really enjoyed watching because the story picked up from last season's finale and there was a ton of character and plot development. It was interesting how Dexter spun things for Deb, who kept digging deeper and finding more clues. It was awesome to see all the other characters as well. I liked how the episode ended with a major break through. I look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • A great season openning episode !

Ending with a taste for more
  • Are You? Oh yes!

An amazing beginning! Great start, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!
  • All on the Table

Following right after last year's cliffhanger ending Dex tries to calm Deb down by telling her that he snapped when he had killed Travis. After a full out verbal war Deb agrees to stage Travis's death as a ritual suicide with the holy sword from last season making it look as though the knife wound had never happened and then they set the church on fire erasing all traces of evidence except for Dex's bloodslide that fell into a paneled drain. Deb finds it hard to deal, realistically so, and wonders how Dex can be so cool about it all. LaGuerta, at the crime scene discovers the blood slide and puts it into evidence but later when Masuka tells her that Doakes was the only one who had ever taken blood slides at crime scenes she takes it back from evidence presumably to posit her own theory of why it was at Travis's crime scene. Travis's death is ruled a suicide. Sadly Detective Anderson, the best cop on the show besides Deb was put down in this episode for trying to help an Eastern European gangster change a tire. Shouldn't have identified himself as a cop, well maybe not he still would've been killed either way for seeing the girl in the back of the trunk. I was hoping he would live through it but I guess the actor had better things to do. It's too bad he was one of the few things about Season 6 that was interesting besides Mos Def and to see him go out like that was as disgraceful as Lundy buying the farm the way he did back in Season 4. Anyway something had to go down to put Batista and Quinn at odds again and jump start the Ray Stevenson story line. Louis remains an enigma as he calls Dexter a douche and cancels all of his credit cards. Is it so bad Dexter doesn't want his stuff touched by weirdo babysitter boyfriends like Louis. And how can Jaime still be with him if he's "weirder the more she gets to know him?" And why does he cancel Dex's credit cards? Out of revenge for being a dick? Or for a bigger ambiguous reason that we haven't been exposed to yet? Although the real magnet of this episode was seeing Deb put together that Dexter didn't commit a crime of passion and the similarities of ITK and Dexter's style and how Travis's kill room was just as perfectly set up as ITK did to his and her realizing through memories of being tied up the truth about Dex and Rudy's dualistic secret of being killers. The fakeout honestly got me as Dexter goes to kill Viktor Maskov and not to flee the country after Deb found out his secret. Viktor Maskov is the killer of Anderson and the Eastern European stripper in the back of the car. Dex says he needs it to settle his mind even though it couldn't be a worse time for it. However, the kill in the unclaimed baggage in a post 9/11 world was a bit of a stretch even for me the ingenuity of using the canoe as a bodybag was darkly comic. What's most upsetting is how confident Dexter is that Deb will keep his secret and let it rest at that. Deb isn't the type to just give up and not question things that are in front of her unfortunately for him but fortunate for us as viewers. Even though I wholly disagree with the whole "Deb and Dex wanna bone" underlying theme the flashback Harry not letting Deb keep a dog because of what Dex might do to it really showed the kind of fear Harry had all along about Dex's Dark Passenger until he ultimately killed himself over it. Dex fears the same thing and the scene where Harry was telling Dex that Deb would never get over it if she ever found out was astoundingly resonant as Dexter comes back from a fresh kill to find Deb having gone through his stuff and finding all of his kill equipment. This all results in the believable path of her having caught him in the lie of working Anderson's case when Masuka was in fact, getting Jaime to spill that Dex worked such insane hours, her questions about the plastic wrap, the apron and the knife. Rather than let her get a compromised view of Dexter's true self she's seeing the whole dang package, just like she ultimately did in the books. This is a much more effective way to get it out of the way rather than having us as an audience play cat and mouse game of "will she ever find out all of it?" the whole season. This paves the show to even darker territory and gave us a much better cliffhanger for next week than did last season's finale. Great reboot for the series and I hope that Season 7 can pick up the steam that was lost in Season 6 by going for obvious plot things such as Gellar not being real, etc. But so far things look to be on the right track. It's Dexter's worst fear, someone close to him (mainly Deb), having torn his place about with his knives laid out, his blood slides, and everything and asking the golden questions of "Have you done this before? Are you a serial killer?" And Dex, as if in a nightmare simply replies, "Yes."
  • what a punching start to the most awaited plot in the series

One Word. Glorious. That is what this season is going to be.

We knew Dexter till now and what would happen if the characters start knowing the truth like Doakes did, they will not all end up like him. This season promises that this time Dexter won't get away that easy, I hope this season will have some dramatic twists and can't wait for Yvonne to take stage.

Back to the episode, that's as good as a grand start a series can get after about an year of anticipation. Michael is at his utmost best and hasn't lost touch with his character, not one bit.

As it is announced that season 8 is going to be the last and people might think that they will now focus on the closing slightly with 7, but I believe that this season is the heart of the dexter series. It is no way, I think, a fall of the great serial killer.

Dexter can never end up in a courtroom or jail, he will rather ditch Harry's code.

I am just wondering that the last episode is titled 'Surprise, Motherfu***'

That reminds of something, some guy I have already mentioned. I hope it is that, then season 8 would be a blast.

Season 7 is going to turn dexter around 360 degrees and with this kind of intensity in the plot, they can go either sky high or fall completely. I hope its the former.

"I am a father, a son, a serial-killer"
  • Are You

Last season left us with a notable cliffhanger, but the opening scenes did not really end with the way we had hoped. This episode's cliffhanger surely will as Debra now knows who Dexter truly is. This is an interesting dynamic now and for a sure that appeared to be on its last legs (or on Dexter's table, to put it more appropriately) last season, that's over now as the show has opened Pandora's box.

Not sure the arc for the year about this Ukranian mob will be any good, but I'll give that a chance too. Strong season opener though.
  • WHAT A PREMIERE!!! I LOVE IT!

Debra: "How did he end up wrapped in plastic on the alter?"

Dexter: "I snapped."

Debra: "You snapped!? What the f@#k does that mean?!?"

Trust me the confrontation had me on the edge of my seat. :D

Jesus Christ! LaGuerta just had to find the blood slide... Uh! She's gonna be big trouble for you Dexter... she's gonna pick up where Doakes left off.

I was happy when Mike got himself killed... he was at the wrong place and at the wrong time... I mean he just derived at a conclusion about Travis' car being too far from the scene, which would then declare the case a homicide.

I told you when Debra came to his apartment the following morning... she came prepared... what's with the 21 questions Deb!?!

She's become a pest... right Dex?

You know when see the flashback of their father telling Dexter that Debra can never know the truth about him... I just knew she would in this episode.

Debra: Did you kill all these people?

Dexter: Yes I did.

Debra: Are you a seria killer?

Dexter: Yes.

Debra: Are you the Bay Harbour Butcher?

Dexter: Damn it Deb!!! Yes, I am! LOL

DAMN IT! WHAT A PREMIERE!!! I LOVE IT!
  • Dexter - Are You.....?

What a way to start season-7, I'm so glad Debra

is starting to figure things out about Dex. I dont read

spoilers & i really dont want to but can this show get

any better.

Loved the ending as well, cant wait for next week.
  • best start of a Season this fall so far.

I really enjoyed the first episode "Are you...?" of Dexter's Season 7.

Of course the story didn't pick up on Deb being in love with Dexter. I mean, seriously, when you see a loved person murder someone you have other shit going through your mind.

I really enjoy Jennifer Carpenter in the role of Deb. The way she portrays the insecurity on how to handle the situation and on having the (natural) urge to find out what's the truth... I loved it.

The story-arc is great, I guess. I don't really think they can mess this up.

Didn't really get LaGuerta's reaction, unfortunately. Though I don't really remember the end of Season 1, to which it was referring....