We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Dexter Community
Showtime (ended 2013)

The end is here. Well, the end is almost here. In just a few days, Dexter will air its last episode ever and really, our three-month nightmare will be over. To say that the show's final season has been a disappointment is literally the biggest understatement in history of understatements. The most action-packed sequence of the season involved Dexter's mutant child falling-face first on a treadmill, probably ruining his dreams of being an Olympic sprinter someday. So tragic.

BUT: Dexter has one more chance, either to make it right or to continue sinking deep into the boring hole of suck that it's been digging all season. This Sunday's "Remember the Monsters?" is bound to tackle the aftermath of Deb's shooting and Dexter's attempts to escape South Beach, but there's gotta be more going on, right? Well, other than really, really tepid voice-over monologues. 

Below, I have a handful of predictions for you. I haven't seen the finale, but I did watch a few preview clips and the "Next time on..." trailer. And of course, I've fully immersed myself in those alleged finale spoilers that popped up on Reddit a few weeks ago. (The scary thing? None of them have really been disproven as of yet.) Point being, I know just as much as you do. Here are my predictions for the series finale; share your own in the comments, and let's get ready to commiserate together.

1. DEB WILL DIE

This seems like the only real consequence that Dexter is bound to face for his decades of screwed-up behavior. Not only is it unfortunate, because Deb is the one character on this show who deserves to get out, but it's also kind of repetitive. If it happens, the only times Dexter will have faced real, life-altering change are with Rita and Deb's deaths. 

2. DEXTER AND HANNAH WILL GET AWAY

Relatedly, I don't fathom a scenario where the show disrupts this pair, which has only gotten progressively less interesting since late last season. Instead of forcing Dexter to consider his actions, the show seems more satisfied with him letting the past go and "changing" just because of love. I'm not a cold-hearted bastard or anything, but that's just stupid. TRUE LOVE DID IT, GUYS. 

3. ALL THE OTHER SUPPORTING CHARACTERS WILL LIVE

Somehow, some way, Dexter is going to finish its run with Batista, Masuka, Quinn, Jamie, and Matthews still alive. On one hand, for a show that's dedicated to serial killers running roughshod on one city, that's kind of amazingly stupid. On the other hand, it's possible that the writing staff recognized that absolutely no one cares about these characters by Season 4 or 5, so killing them wouldn't have much of an impact anyway. Apparently it's crucial that Masuka and his sperm daughter continue living out their very weird relationship, based mostly on him seeing her breasts. That happy ending definitely means more than Deb getting away from her terrible life. 

4. AT LEAST ONE OTHER PERSON WILL LEARN DEXTER'S SECRET—PROBABLY AFTER THE FACT

Continuing the theme here, I'm assuming that the finale will feature a scene with Batista, Quinn, or Matthews nonchalantly revealing that they knew Dexter was a killer all along. It's possible that they'll even celebrate Dexter for his actions or, worst of all, make a really bad joke about it. "Oh Dexter, don't you know that we totally understood what it meant when you put on that brown henley? Thanks, real-life Batman, you're a true hero!" Again, this is a sociopathic serial killer we're talking about. If it doesn't go down that way, expect that one of those characters will have an epiphany once Dexter and Hannah are long gone, only to look longingly into the distance without doing anything about it. 

5. THE SEEDS FOR A SPIN-OFF WILL BE PLANTED—BUT IT WON'T EVER HAPPEN

The chatter about a possible spin-off has been floating around all season, with neither Showtime nor the writers willing to put the kibosh on it. It's hard to see spin-off potential with all the non-Morgan characters, unless Showtime is really into doing a steamy series following Jamie nannying it up in another city. Unfortunately, no matter whether the Reddit stuff is true, Quinn seems like the only real choice if we assume this is all going to happen. Desmond Harrington could maybe carry a show on his own, but Quinn can't. Thus, I don't think the spin-off will ever come to fruition. Showtime should be ready to move on, particularly when there isn't any clear idea of where to take the story next. Heck, nobody knew where to take the story this year, with Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter still involved. 

6. THE SLICE OF LIFE WILL BE DESTROYED

Oh wait, this show does have consequences, nevermind guys.

Alright, that's what I think. How about you? Is there anything you really WANT to happen?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/22/2013

Season 8 : Episode 12

141 Comments
Comments (141)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Who else thought dumping Debs body was disrespectful? At least the end could've been Dexter writing a book about all 8 seasons. Something right? A shocker
Flag
i want him to die, hanna run away and deb and joey have a girl, she will take care of harrison and she will see in harrison amd her daugther herself and dex!! i would love that endinggg!!!
Flag
I just want to be surprised and that's something that hasn't happened for me at all in the final season. The closest part was probably Hannah returning and poisoning Dex and Deb but since that cliffhanger was pretty much ignored in the following episode I remain dissapointed. Just manage to throw a curveball my way Dexter and I may forgive the final season, even if I dont necessarily like the plotline. Just freakin try!
Flag
we saw the spoilers on reddit and it sucked.

deb dies
dexter and co escape to argentina
quinn becomes the dexter

and a horrible spin off of quinn follows.
Flag
Just finished watching the finale(NEPHEW OF ANGEL, SO GET PREVIEW). Dexter escapes with Hannah and Harrison by posing a bomb threat at the airport. Hannah then knocks out security guards at the airports, board the plane and escape. And yes, Debra dies during surgery and goes into coma
Flag
how do you die first and then go in a coma?

Flag
The reddit spoilers clearly weren't guesses. They are either completely accurate or a magnificent hoax by someone who knew the actual ending.
Flag
Which is why people should avoid the Reddit type websites, or comments on the internet in general on the day of their shows.. silly rabbits never learn!
Flag
I think Oliver Saxton is going to plant a bomb in the police station killing everyone except Dexter's child, Harrison, who will be hiding inside a fridge and sheltered from the blast. Then Harrison will come out, see the whole place covered with blood and brains until he is found by some other cops who will eventually adopt him. And so the cycle will continue. Anyway, don't really care about it as long as the fridge's color is blue.
Flag
What if they kill off everyone? That'd work for me.
Flag
Nobody's going to make it to Argentina bc Hannah has set up Dexter for a reduced sentence or Witness Protection Program. Deb kills Hannah, Quinn covers up for Deb. Harrison sees Hannah in her own blood
Flag
The best of Dexter was in seasons 1 and 2. The end of season 4 was great too. And I enjoyed the first half of the 6th season. I liked watching season 7 thanks to Hannah. But the second half of season 8 has been really awful so far. I don't care that Evelyn dies, she's a new character, and I don't understand why Dexter is so moved, he doesn't really now her and he is a psychopath. And what with Hannah and Deb becoming BFF so quickly? And I think whatever happens in the last episode I won't really care coz I'm not moved by what happens to the characters anymore. The hand of the writers is too obvious, the characters no longer seem real but appears to be mere toys they play with. And I'm painfully too aware of their stupid tricks and storytelling to really enjoy what I'm watching. Let's just introduce a surrogate mother to Dexter in the final season and have her killed a few episodes later so that viewers will be moved. Stupid! And what? Daniel is supposed to fill in for Rudy? Let's have Dexter kill a sort-of-brother again. Plus lets make him a good guy and cure him of his psychopathic thing, and have a sweet love story with Hannah McKay, turned damsel in distress instead of the dangerously sexy psycho she used to be. Are they the same writers who thought that a bit of incest between Deb and Dex would be a great idea? And what with the other characters having nothing meaningful happening to them? I don't really see where the story is going regarding Mazuka and his daughter (no incest please!!!!!). My god, were the writers really paid for this season? Dexter deserved better. The series should have ended with season 4's last episode. I would like seeing Hannah McKay turning into a killing machine in the finale and getting her own spin-off. With a different crew in charge of course.
More+
Flag
My prediction is I am going to watch a terrible episode that could never redeem an awful season that has ultimately destroyed an entire show. Breaking Bad anyone? I'll see myself out.
Flag
so tired of hearing this argument....just as much unreal and unbelievable crap happens in breaking bad...ill agree the acting in breaking bad has been better in later seasons than dexter which saddens me because the show has great direction and the actors used to be top notch....micheal c hall still is...anyways don't argue for breaking bad being a better show because its more realistic ...that is just BS and for a real life scenario they are about the same...and its a show not real life...if it were real life it would be boring...../endrant
Flag
Well I came back with a rebuttal but after watching the series finale I think we all have to digest losing 8 years of our lives. I'll be shopping for my Halloween Dexter Lumberjack costume. :D
Flag
Finally someone else who says it. Neither is the 8th season of Dexter as bad as people make it out to be, nor is the 5th Season of Breaking Bad as amazing as people say, though it is better than the 8th season of Dexter. but guess what? Comparing a 5th season of one show to the 8th season of another is quiet stupid. Don't even think for a second BB would still be the shit if it went on for 8 seasons. Plus Vince Gilligan didn't leave Breaking Bad. Dexter seasons 5-8 would have turned out way different if Clyde Phillips was still in charge of the show.
Flag
Well I came back with a rebuttal but after watching the series finale I think we all have to digest losing 8 years of our lives. I'll be shopping for my Halloween Dexter Lumberjack costume. :D
Flag
I have heard of news about a possible spin-off with Deb Morgan. I think it would SUCK! The only idea i can come up with that would be a truley satisfying spin-off would be Harrison Morgan after he gets a little older. Hell they could start when he is a teen and keep the same actor for years! maybe Harrison fights with his Dads code and the evil demons left in his head by sitting in his dead moms blood!? (Just like Dexter was)
Flag
The best spin off, especially with these writers, is NO SPIN OFF! This once great show has already been diminished enough!
Flag
If Debra had to die it would have happened already, so Dexter could emote for halve a season, plot revenge, see the error of his ways and emote some more. to cram that in the final episode would be to much.
More change of Hannah dying.

Flag
I think the finale will be shit. How's that for a prediction?
Flag
That prediction is far too easy. I took that as a given. LOL
Flag
The best one I've read so far.
Flag
Damn it there was a reason I never hung around r/Dexter cause now I'm reading all the spoilers.
Flag
Dexter gets away with Hannah and Harrison, moves to Argentina. Years pass by and close-up to an older, terrified Dexter, as Harrison targets his own dad as his first kill. THE END. Whatever. I don't care anymore.
Flag
Spoiler -- here's how it ends: just as Caligula declared war on Poseidon, Dexter throws all his knives at the hurricane because it grounded all the flights.

The knives get sucked up into the storm, and then fly back out and stab Hannah, Dexter, and Harrison. The knives then fly back to Miami to kill every single character on the show -- including Harry's ghost. Then one of the knives hits the Slice of Life, causing it to explode and trap all of Miami under a giant dome.

- The End.
Flag
Look .. I don't care about anyone else. I just know that Dexter needs to die, for this show to retain any credibility at all.
Flag
Not in order, off the wall, way I'd like to see Dexter end, and far fetched ideas. -Oliver kills Dexter, Hannah and Harrison leaving Dexter in Harrison'sblood. -Hannah will kill Dexter, she never really forgave him. -Hannah could be working for Elway to reduce her sentence or put in Witness Protection. -will Harrison end up being in his dad's pool of blood? Flash forward Harrison will show signs he's a killer. VoiceOver Dexter talks to him like Harry did possibly having Hannah teach him the code. -If Deb doesn't die, her and Quinn raise Harrison possibly teach him the code if Harrison shows signs. -After Rita died, Dexter was killed. It was all a flash dream of what Dexter saw in his final moments. -Rewind, Deb never killed LaGuerta but killed Dex, again Dex final moments dreaming of the last season. -Dexter gets arrested, fast forward to him in a mental asylum. Deb dies. Hannah raises Harrison teaching him the code. Note Harrison showed signs of being a killer. -Dexter dumps Saxons body in the ocean. Storm/Hurricane comes which in turn kills Dexter leaving Hannah or Deb to raise Harrison. Again, maybe Harrison ends up like Dexter, having to teach him the code. -Deb again admits to Quinn she killed LaGuerta and reveals Dexters Dark Passenger -Oliver will kill Harrison, and Deb will die leaving Dexter in Harrison's blood; his punishment -Maybe Hannah will kill Harrison, say Deb dies and Dexter once again left in pool of blood -Maybe the end will be a dream Dexter had as a child, seeing his future and Dex wakes up as a child, Deb a child and Harry alive. -after season 4 Dexter was arrested, he ends up in a mental asylum something like "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest" there will be a room of Dexters victims in a museum wall "Dexter Morgan/Dark Passenger" Dexter visualized the rest of the seasons. -How about a murder/suicide? -Dex goes to prison, escapes lives under another alias, later shown in mental ward. -Dex on his own kill table - Who knows? But we will find out
More+
Flag
No matter what still buying the Series Box Set.
Flag
A fool and his money are soon parted.
Flag
I predict:
- Dexter won´t die
- Harrison won´t die
- Hanna won´t die
Debra may seem to be dying, but.. she won´t die
Sorry for all those that expect more drama at the end. I don´t see it coming.

Flag
Well, I was almost right. Still, the intensity and drama of the first two seasons are long gone. But I´ll be always a loyal Dexter fan.
Flag
I don't even know. This season of Dexter has been downright awful.
Flag
Final Dexter season rankings:

#1. Season 1.
#2. Season 2.
#3. Season 4.
#4. Season 5.
#5. Season 7.
#6. Season 3.
#7. Season 6.
DEAD FUCKING LAST - Season 8.

I didn't think it would be humanly possible for me to hate a season of Dexter more than season 6. I mean, this is Travis Marshall we're talking about here:

He of imaginary psychopathic mentors and never before seen heights of painful predictability. But then the vile dreck that is season 8 came along, hit me upside the head with a sack stuffed with mini-Quinn dolls, strapped me to a table covered in saran wrap, and creepily whispered in my ear "And you thought the final season of LOST was baaaaaaaaaad." This shitty season even annoyingly over enunciates.

Incessant Quinn and Masuka storylines (sooooooooo integral to the plot). Vogel and Daniel actually making Travis look interesting. The RIDICULOUS notion that Dexter deserves to start anew with Hannah in Argentina. And the continuing disregard for any psychological consistency or coherence. This final season has limped along like a pathetic, brain dead zombie that has lost its lower body (balls included). This used to be my favorite show, now I can't even sit through an episode without posting derogatory tweets.

(Now you know why I haven't been commenting about Dexter lately. Sorry, season 8 fans. If you even exist.)

The ONLY thing that could make up for the last few seasons of Dexter is for him to die, but I just don't see that happening. I'm still holding out hope Deb goes crazy and decides to waste EVERYONE. C'mon, writers! Surprise us! Do you even remember how?

Lastly, True Blood, I owe you an apology.
More+
Flag
S7 was definitely better than that garbage S5 with Luminol. Hands down though everyone agrees the Final season is by far the worst.
Flag
Completely agree, though my rankings are a little different. Then again, the first three on that list are the only ones that matter right?

I've said it before, the season hasn't good from the start, but it got so much worse when Hannah came back. They carried one of the weak elements of last season into this already weak season. Never bought this relationship, and never will. Hannah's killed multiple people, so there is no reason why Dexter shouldn't have killed her on the table. Maybe it's because she's hot, but then again, Lila and that S4 cop chick were hot. Hannah even tried to off Deb, yet another reason to...fuck it, who cares now.

You know what makes this season look even WORSE (as if it wasn't already fucking bad enough)? The fact that Breaking Bad is airing it's excellent final season or half-season at the same time. Now that's a show I'd love to hear your thoughts on, especially on the Ozymandias episode.
Flag
I find myself in complete agreement with the above post by FringeFanatic - even the ranking of the seasons.
Flag
According to this bit.ly/15KHBvc the Reddit spoilers were bullshit after all. Hope (slightly) renewed!
Flag
I predict Masuka's daughter was hired to kill Dexter - and she will kill him next to Jamie+Harrison (Harrison will see his father die in blood). Then the smoke monster will come out of dexter and enter Jamie, so Jamie will become the new Dexter in the next spin-off show.
You read it first here :-)
Flag
Well, we saw him getting away in a dream at the beginning of the Season, so it is as simple as that : he makes to Argentina with Hannah and he becomes a professional torturer for the Latin American dictators.
Flag
I suppose anybody in the gouvernment in any latin american country is a dictator in some peoples eyes, but just as a reminder, Argentina is a democracy...
Flag
My comment was not meant to be as serious as you read it, but you are right it was not very clear that I was being fastiduous. Sorry.
Flag
facetious not fastidious.
Flag
Admit it's an interesting lapsus linguae, though. :-)
Flag
No no, that's fine, I understood - but you know, when Deb said that they will be soon eating "tacos" in Argentina, like assuming latin america to be all mexicans down to the south pole or something, that was the same kind of comment you are making here, but tacos don't hurt other people as much as political assumptions do - couldn't help myself, I'm sorry.

Taking that into consideration, it is a great idea for Dexter to become the professional torturer of any dictator, that's for sure!
Flag
I agree with you that certain generalizations have a hard time dying. especially cultural and political ones We live in a sensationalist world and I have always believed that this one of its top defect.Wars are fought by a very minority of the population and ruin the lives of the many. When you have cases of a serial killer being hunted, hundreds of law enforcement agents, a tremendous manpower hours of investigation costing a huge sum of money are spent. Unfortunately for South America, it is Pinochet and the other dictators, the Nazi escapees of ODESSA , and the death commandos of Brazil who retain our collective memories. Add to that that people are just too lazy to keep up with news that do not directly concern them and there you have it. So the apology is really mine to give you, and I do it with shame and sincerity. I should never have written this comment, even as a joke.
Flag
My top ten favourite series finales:

1. MASH (Everything)
2. The Mary Tyler Moore Show (Trying to open the door)
3. NYPD Blue (Andy by himself)
4. Hill Street Blues (The empty squad room)
5. Family Ties (Alex and Elise)
6. The Wire (Jimmy's funeral)
7. Homicide: Life on the Streets (Baylis leaving)
8. Battlestar Galactica (A new hope)
9. Newhart (Best ending scene ever!)
10. Flashpoint (The reunion)

Flag
In the eight seasons of Dexter how many times has Deb said fuck (or some form of the word). Just wondering.
Flag
Someone should do a mashup curse-off of Deb Morganvs. Jesse Pinkman, "fuck" vs. "bitch" to see who's the worst potty mouth.
Flag
A best of Deb Morgan swearing reel would be awesome!!!!
Flag
Easy. A fucktillion times.
Flag
Right!!!!!
Flag
I'm not a fan of this season of Dexter, I'm disappointed by it aswell, but it also isn't as bad as people make it out to be. That being said, all these people here saying "I don't give a rats ass anymore", "I have to force myself watching it", "god this show sucks balls": THEN JUST DON'T FUCKING WATCH IT FOR GODS SAKE! That way, you can use that saved time doing something you actually consider fun and noone has to read/hear you whining in the comments like a whiny little brat. Win-win.
Flag
I'm just so happy it's over, I don't even really care how it ends. But with that said, I would be super happy if Dexter turned dark like his brother because everyone was taken away from him. He was becoming cured of his Dark Passenger because of "Love," so let's rip that away from him and make him go crazy. But for the love of all things holy, leave the Slice of Life out of this it never hurt anyone!
Flag
Few weeks ago I imagined how excited I will be before finale of Dexter, but now I just couldn't care any less. Worst season ever, and if the spoilers are true, than this is going to be worst series finale I have ever seen (Well, good for Lost :)).

And this season actually started really good (Deb's & Dexter plot), but then suddenly everybody is happy again, Dexter is in love and we have to believe that it is okay to kill 100 people, fell in love, than just suddenly loose interest of killing people and live happily ever after (well there is this pointless plot of sister's death, but that doesn't count). Dexter is sick psychopath and there is absolutely no way that he could ever have a normal life. This season should have focused about his life collapsing, everyone finding out about him etc. Oh, well, fuck you writers!

Speaking of Debra, I think they ruined her character somewhere in season 7. She shouldn't have killed anyone, she shouldn't have just accepted that her brother ir a serial killer. I really hoped for happy ending for her till season 7, now I am not so sure.

As of spin off - well another Joey? Deja Vu anyone?
More+
Flag
You're too kind, the show is going to end un the most Boeing way! With Dexter & Hannah walking toward the sunset ans everybody will be alive... this show lost it's balls (pardon my French) since Rita's death.
As proof : in the last episode when good old Dex decide that he doesn't have to kill anymore...yes serial killers do that all the time...
Flag
He's goint to have to kill Saxon now, so there you have your treat. For the rest, I don't know what balls you are talking about here. A few people already died this season, right?
Flag
By balls, I mean narratively...
And who died This season ? Dexter's neighboor? The fake sidekick? Vogel? All those characters came This season, so they don't really matter.
And saxon is -Indeed- a threat- but the worst kind: uncharismatic...
Flag
sorry man, you don't need charisma to be a killer, just a knife is enough most of the time - I don't remember that Laguerta's death had any major impact on us last season, so why is it different if the character was here for a long time or not? I could tell you that I don't undesrtand what you are saying here, but hey, I think I do, you subscribe to the reviewers position come rain or come shine, I get it. Be prepared for a tough TV life, because series rarely bring back similar characters or structures season after season (like you are probably missing the trinity killer, right? - The good news is, you can go back and watch that season only!)
Flag
well, agreement on two things, I didn't understand what you said towards the end neither, and I also wish you to enjoy the finale :)
Flag
We're obviously not on the same page here...
Yes killers need knife or any weapon for that matter lol
i was talking about how the show is written and played. And Saxon here does not look good for most of the people around the web...Trinity was charismatic, Dexter's brother was charismatic...Saxon is just "there".
I agree with you on Laguerta, her death was meaningless. Just a way for the show to "shake things up"...for nothing.
For the end of your post, I'm sorry I didn't understand it...it looks like you're trying to say that I concur with whatever the reviewer as to say and that I'm not aware of how TV seasons work...if it's the only things you've got to say to me, based on the 2 comments that I made, well you obviously love fiction more than I do :)
Whatever makes you feel good I guess.
Enjoy the series finale.
Flag
I think that Dexter and Hannah will get away and Deb will survive.
Flag
Weakest season thus far, I believe. It started real strong with Deb in some very bad place and a few amazing dialogs with Dexter. However, the lack of any real antagonist for most of the season ruined it. I wish they could come up with another Trinity or another Doakes. And what is the point of Masukas doughter?
Flag

Last one I promise.
Flag

I predict we haven't the seen the last of the ghost. lol
Flag
Prediction 1: It's all a dream little Dexter imagined while trapped in that shipping container. Nothing actually happened and little Dexter dreamt what his life would be like if he ever got out of the container. But nobody comes and he dies in there.

Prediction 2: Dexter completely loses it and goes on a major killing spree at Miami Metro, thus putting an end to all those character's plots and maybe somebody kills Dexter in the process.

I understand neither of these will happen and this season has been less than stellar, but Dexter is ultimately coming to an end and we might as well enjoy what it has left in store for us.
Flag
Well said: me at least I'm set to enjoy as much as I can.
My bet is that they will try to escape and something will happen and the will die, and little harrison will be educated by Deb (hopefully with no code).
Flag
We zoom out at the end and see Patrick Bateman writing the entire story of Dexter on businesses cards pasted on the walls of his prison cell. j/k
Flag
I hope Deb dies, both because Carpenter wanted it and because that excludes her from any additional Dexter related work such as a train wreck spin-off. (Though if it is because of Ryan Gosling shooting her in the way he did in the previous episode: WOW what a bad way to go.)

I've also come to loathe Dexter since he's turned into an idiot, so I don't think he deserves Deb and should feel guilty for making so many moronic decisions that ultimately ends with his sister being killed when he could have prevented it.

I don't care about Quinn, or Hannah, or Jamie, or Batista or Masuka and his stripper daughter. But I guess if I had to pick I would go with 4, with Matthews being all "I always knew you were different, Batman-Dexter, thank you for doing what we could not", and that is the actual reason why no one ever caught on to him before.........
Flag
BAUTISTA: Gather 'round everyone, I have an announcement to make. It seems that we've had a serial killer in our midst for the past eight years, and we missed it. Debra might have caught it, but it turns out she was in on it the past two years. As for the rest of us, it turns out that we're all idiots, so I'm taking my gun out and killing myself and I urge you all to do the same.

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! CLICK? BLAM!

QUINN: I'm not doing this shit. I knew about Dexter the whole time, I just didn't care. Well, I guess I'm the Lieutenant now. Hey, Masuka's daughter, wanna go have drunken sex?
Flag
I particularly like the click amount the blams, that's good writing right there!
Flag
I Disagree that this season has been a disappointment.
There have been a couple hiccups along the way but I have been on the edge of my chair wondering what will happen next. But again this is the series finale and yes maybe it should of jumped off the screen at us to show us what an ending should be like. I.E. (the sopranos)
With all the great television shows that will be ending their run this year after entertaining us for many seasons I hope it doesn't end with a black screen and silence.
Flag
I liked the Sopranos ending, actually. I doubt it would be exactly the same in here, but there could be something like that, not letting us know if they really get away or not, so that the viewer can decide if they deserve the happy ending or not. It was ok for me at the Sopranos, but here I don't think they should do that at all.
Flag
Staff
bitter disappointment.
Flag
I like #4. I want to see the "oh, I knew all along and I'm super-proud of you" for some reason.
Flag
In a way the whole cast is already dead and in hell thanks to the brilliant writers. Killing Deb would mean wasting the only person who could write a good memoir. I think Deb should mercy kill Dexter and Hanna at their happiest moment.
Flag
I think you read the spoilers Cory.
Flag
I'm sure the Reddit spoilers are true. Even if they aren't, no matter what the ending is, I'm going to act like everything after season 4 didn't happen.
Flag
I have watched Dexte since the beginning. It sucks it's going out with a whimper while Breaking Bad is going out in a blaze of glory.
Flag
Yes. I really want Saxon to smash through the fourth wall and kill the writers and producers responsible for this shit.
Flag
I will say this again if things happen like the spoilers said they would I will be very happy.
Flag
My prediction is regardless of what they pull off it will be disappointing and more than likely sleep inducing. Sorry you can't dig yourself out of such a deep sewage filled hole as these guys have dug this season in one epsiode even IF you had a good writing team. We all know Dexter doesn't have that anymore.
What is really sad is this Final season wasn't thrust upon the writers on short notice, this end game has been on the table for years and they completely shit the bed. What a shame.
Please God, NO SPINOFF! There are NO characters on this show anymore worth following, and CERTAINLY NOT WITH THIS WRITING TEAM!
Look for Hannah and Dexter to sail off to South America happily ever after, about as puke fest of a conclusion as you could have to what turned out to be a puke fest of a season.
Flag
I hear a lot about bad writers, but I do not know what choice the writers really get - I can hear a voice telling them: "write this" and they write something, and the voice come back and says "no, not like this, write it this other way" and so on. And I don't even know if that voice is Scott Buck or it goes further up. Would people like Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter, so invested in the show, agree to play whatever? Doubt it.
Flag
The Buck stops with Scott, haha. Lot of finger pointing on whom to blame but at the end of the day he's the guy in charge. Lousy job Scott, I won't be watching any shows he runs ever again. Ruined Dexter in my book
Flag
Didn't I read anywhere that Michael C. Hall himself had directed some episode this season?
Flag
Well what do you expect from the dude who wrote TREMORS 4! LOL
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members