A Dexter Community
Showtime (ended 2013)
As many of you may (or may not) know, the synopsis of next week's episode has a particularly big spoiler in it. I'm going to give you a few minutes to decide if you would like to continue reading. More after the jump.

Okay, for those of you ballsy enough to continue, or if you just don't care, someone big will be killed in front of Dexter in next week's episode. This is definitely the direction the show needs to be going, the only question is, since we have three episodes left, is this happening too late?

There are several characters close to Dexter, a few of them would have a huge impact not only on Dexter but on the series as a whole.

First and foremost- Jamie. She's been a minor character in Dexter for the last couple of seasons, primarily as Dexter's nanny. She also happens to be Batista's sister and dated Quinn, so her death would hit Miami Metro particularly hard.

Deb- We're in the final season, so at this point anything goes. Offing Deb will give Dexter the proper motivation to get out of dodge with Hannah and Harrison, since all of his ties with Miami would be severed.

Dr. Vogel- it would be interesting if the Brain Surgeon would take out his own and Dexter's surrogate mother. Not particularly hard-hitting, since we just learned about Vogel this season, but it'd be on par with what we've come to know from the writing staff and their "one and done" characters.

Batista- This is a longshot, I just didn't want to seem sexist.

Who do you think will go?

poll

Comments (47)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Could be Hannah
Or Harrison
Flag
My respect for the show already died long ago..sigh. I would guess Jamie just because she's the easiest target outside Matsuka's daughter. Would like to see a long time character especially Deb go at this stage. This show is finished in 3 episodes if they are going to make hay they'd better do so soon, they also better not cop out with a happy ending of Dex, Harrison and Hannah sailing away to Buenos Aires! Watch though they probably will...
Flag
I hope they all die. Nuke the set. I want to see everything burned to ashes.
Flag
dexter is next sunday night what happend dexter and jamie and deb and dr. vogel and hanahn dexter will die next?
Flag
Dexter will die next.
Flag
I would have thought it would be Hannah, l but TV guides episode descriptions kill this off... Vogel makes no sense at all, because I almost think Dexter is at the point that HE will kill Vogel. (One of his rules is to protect his secret, so Vogel has always been a risk)... The most anti-climatic would be Jamie, so my money is on Deb. That would leave Dexter the ability to move on with Hannah.
Flag
If Dexter moves on then he leaves everyone on that list vulnerable and alone.
Flag
Even Deb hopes Deb will die. Perhaps she got the idea from the show.
Flag
I will only be pissed if they kill Deb (hasn't she suffered enough throughout the 8 seasons to deserve to stay alive?) or Hannah (the easy and cliched route).
Flag
End her suffering with death.
Flag
She's not suffering right now, so that doesn't make much sense, IMHO. Plus, her death would only bring more suffering to those who care about her, particularly Dexter. What a good and rewarding way to end a series, with the main character grieving for his sister and oldest friend's death. "Jesus!"
Flag
Wow, you got a lot of anger inside of you, don't you? Not judging, just caught my attention.
Flag
You ran right past my comment about Jamie being a serial killer and then responded to my post about Deb not dying after liking my post about Deb most definitely dying AND THEN try and judge my character?
Flag
I said your comments were angry, sure. I don't know if you did or didn't do something dumb. I'm not trying to fight you, your comments caught my eye, that's all. I respect your opinion and I do agree with some of the things you said, actually. I come in peace, really.
Flag
No, I read them all, but I wasn't gonna reply to them all. And I really am not judging. I found your comments quite amusing, that's all.
Flag
Hey, Lee did tell you this was all spoilers.

Flag
And TV Guide has this for the final episode:

Season 8, Episode 12
Episode Synopsis: Season 8 and the series conclude with Dexter facing impossible odds. With a hurricane threatening Miami, Dexter becomes determined to end things his way. Original Air Date: Sep 22, 2013

Flag
Plus, TV Guide, which has that synopsis, also has this for the next episode:

Season 8, Episode 11
Episode Synopsis: Dexter is torn between fleeing the country with Hannah and Harrison, and taking Saxon out once and for all. Original Air Date: Sep 15, 2013

Flag
VOTE SAXON
Flag
Since the writers are idiots, they probably think this is clever:

http://www.latintimes.com/articles/7971/20130903/debra-morgan-die-dexter-season-8-spoilers.htm

Flag
Deb will die.
Flag
Wait you're giving the writers some credibility? Which would be required for a bold move like that. Fear not, they'll wuss out and take out Jamie instead.
Flag
She won't. The character is too deep. The writers would never do that.
Flag
So at this point I am pretty sure it will be Vogel. The reason why is because the person Dexter is holding in his arms and crying over in the promo is in the same shirt Vogel is seen in also in the promo. But who knows, maybe they will put EVERYONE in a white shirt just to mess with us.
Flag
Vogel will outlive us all.
Flag
isnt vogel the brain surgeon?
Flag
How dare you? She's like Dexters best friend! Always there with a nice comment like nobodies business. Don't even act like she is not the reason Deb didn't run his ass off a road again.
Flag
Because none of Dex's best friends turned out to be serial killers... The guy has a magnet for it! (Ok, being one doesn't help, either....)
Flag
It's not like you are responding to a fake argument.
Flag
Question: is there a trailer with this info? I haven't seen anything yet.
Flag
Yes. Look on Google. It's there.
Flag
the trailer is in google? can't find it. about synopsis... never know where they come from, which is why I was looking for a teaser or something. thanks
Flag
TV Guide provided the synopsis.
Flag
No trailer, but this is the synopsis: "Dexter enlists Dr. Vogel's help to lure the Brain Surgeon to a location in order to get him on the table. Later, an important person in Dexter's life is murdered before his eyes."
Flag
I'm fairly certain it'll be Jamie. The writing staff gave her more of a presence this season, she knew Cassie, plus it'd link the brain surgeon to dexter, which could lead to his downfall.
Flag
I HOPE IT'S JAMIE.
Flag
Jamie is another serial killer.
Flag
I think Vogel is out of story so the most logical for this show is to have her killed.
Flag
What are you talking about dude? That makes no sense!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members