Dexter

Crocodile

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 08, 2006 on Showtime

• Crocodile.

In this episode Deb makes progress in the Ice Truck investigation when she finds the truck but Dexter believes it was left on purpose and the painted fingernails inside is a message for him It was good that Debra was promoted to Homicide after Matthews pushed La Guerta to the decision It was very convenient where Dexter killed his victim in this episode The second episode wasn't as good as the first but its a good start to the season.
  • An undercover cop is killed and the ice truck killer continues to taunt Dexter.

Another good episode to start the season with this episode picking up after the first one.Dexter helps to solve a murder of an undercover cop while he is picking his next victim who was found not guilty in court when he killed a young man while he was driving but because he had been drinking Dexter feels that he will be his next victim.When Debra finds the ice truck Dexter knew it was the one he saw on the previous episode and when they look inside there are fingernails in a big block of ice which is a message left for Dexter.Debra was then promoted to homicide form vice because of her good work even though La guerta didn't like promoting her.While trying to stay on top of the ice truck killer Dexter manages to kill his next victim in a liquor store which was no surprise but when Dexter gets home the ice truck killer had left another message as things heat up for the next episode.

A bit of a step down from the first episode. The first episode was quite fast paced, and this episode in comparison, was very slow paced. So I think this show was still just finding it's footing. Slow paced isn't necessarily bad, just not as entertaining as the last one, although it did bring us some development, sort of.

Deb becomes homicide, and Dexter gets one step closer to finding out who the ice truck guy is. The murders are almost poetic and well thought out which I'm always impressed with on this show. Another thing that is commendable is the writing of the beautiful monologues Dexter says.

Michael C. Hall is doing a great job, but I think the writers need to realize this is his show considering how weak the supporting cast is. Keep the focus on Dexter, and this show will survive. Quite an ending to this episode, I enjoyed the side case better than the main plot. Interesting ending, good episode overall.
  • Much focus on char development

So, the story starts to envolv. When pilot was about getting the know the chars, then now it gets into deep - I mean.. Dexter.. They put so much time and effort trying to explain that char and what he feels and why he does those things and it really works - the way they portrait him in that good way.. it is ironic in some way but they manage to make viewers symphatice with him - char you would not expect people to do that.

I like the developments around Dexter too - I mean Deb and Rita and the whole little "personal" relationship with Icetruck killer. The way giving the pieces of puzzle and then taking them away.. that game.. it promise to be exciting.
  • good but very slow moving.

I like the show. Its very strange, and it makes me think cause its quite original. I just want it to move a little faster. I would like to understand the people a little bit more. I want a little bit more back story. I think that it would help to get more emotionally involved with the story. I am going to give it a couple more episodes and see how it goes. I like the the killer is messing with dexter it makes me think that it is someone he knows, and I like that he has a girl but the relationship is twack, His sister is a mess I wish i knew more about her, but I bet it's only a madder of time.
  • Tension and fast heart rate

If I were Dexter apart from looking slightly hot I would be the complete opposite of how he was and is. I would be completely freaked out that some stranger has access to my apartment and is leaving me weird clues and letting me know that he knows that I kill killers. I love that the character is so calm and finds it really fun like a game of hide and seek and he knows the killer wants him to seek what he's hidden. I thought this episode was really great and I love that at the end of each episode I am left wanting a lot more.
  • Dexter plays with the icecream truck killer.

Dexter takes out another bad guy during this episode. I don't think I've given the term serial killer enough consideration. He kills a man who gets drunk and kills with his car, over and over again. It's not the traditional serial killer that I think of when I hear those two words. I think more messier and more one on one attention. The finger nails in the icecube a novel idea. I wonder why they were painted so many different colors. Dexter thinks it was a message to himself. I wonder what specific message they send.

Rita and Dex get closer. I like the relationship, but I'm slighly confused about two things. Dexter can't have feelings for people but he seems to have them for her. Secondly, I thought he was dating her because she wasn't interested in sex. It seems like he might be in denial here. When she iniates he seems more than willing to go along. I hope this becomes clearer in the next few episodes.
  • Review

Always interesting to me to watch the episode after the pilot. You can really get a feel for where the series is going to be going after the second episode. The first episode is designed to make you come back and continue watching, whereas the second one will give you a better feel for the show. Once again I felt the scenes between Dexter and Rita were my favorite scenes. I think the two actors mesh very well together and I think both of the backstorys of the two make it that much more interesting. I find Dexters tactics a little odd - he said in the pilot that he wasn't into anything sexual but he continues to grab and try to find a way to win. Its like hes playing a game to see how far he can get with her. They did go away from Dexter for several scenes - which is where I began to see where the show could lose a little bit of ratings from me. Micheal Hall is the best actor on the show, if not on television today. I think him being in every scene is a big deal and while he was in 80% of this epsiode there were a couple of scenes that I felt were a little slower. I didn't care for the black cop cheating with another cop's wife although I did find all of his actions interesting in hindsight. Did he ever really care about the cop at all or was it all just for his "girlfriend." The double date seemed weird considering that Deb broke up with the man about 20 minutes later, but the odd feeling at lunch made me view a little deeper inside Dexter's character. Overall a very solid episode with only a few minor details I thought were missing.
  • Not as good as pilot

Only the second entry in the "Dexter" TV-show and the concept already slightly begins to weaken. There's less blood & excitement in episode two then there was in the pilot, but also the story lines start to revert to clichéd situations and the characters already start to develop towards typical cop stereotypes. The entire Miami police department is still after the Ice Truck serial killer, but he hasn't made any new moves apart from secretly contacting Dexter and challenging him to a showdown. There are two supplementary (and seemingly forced) sub plots in the second episode, namely the murder investigation of an undercover police officer and Dexter himself digging deeper into the trial of a recidivist hit-and-run felon. Completely opposite to the events in the pilot, where the camera deliberately zoomed in on the gory set pieces, the blood & splatter sequences now seem rushed and limited. The dialogs and interactions between the characters become funnier ("glad to see that sexual harassment seminar paid off") but Dexter's narrative thoughts & impressions are still whiny and a little dull to endure. If you speak Spanish, you can probably also predict the future character developments (like that of Officer Angel Batista) but I had no idea what he and the lieutenant were saying. James Remar is more clearly visible in this second episode, as Dexter also continues to have extended flashbacks about his adolescence. I hope the next installments will get much better, or at least equal the quality level of the pilot again
  • Review

• not bad

Dexter attends a court proceeding to search for his next victim. He examines the actions by his would be victim and see if how he should approach the man. As the man cheats the court system once again, Dexter marks that man for death. While doing this, he deals with another bigger case one that involves him personally. The Ice Truck killer leaves new clues and new dead bodies for him to figure out. The killer is trying to impress him with vague signals that only him could understand. More flashbacks are shown to give us a background of Dexter's relationship with his police dad. it's entertaining.
  • Dexter receives a challenge from the other serial killer in town.

Fabulous second episode with more room for character development as well as a new lead-in.

I really like the Dexter and Rita relationship and love how this man who admits to having no feelings can be such a great 'father figure' to Rita's kids. I think it's funny how their relationship works. In this episode it seemed like Rita was slightly jealous of the physicalness of Debs and her boyfriend and tried to recreate this with Dexter. He's not exactly pleased with this, but acts the eager boyfriend, who is then rebuffed by Rita when her past gets in the way. Very well written and acted!
  • Completely believable!

I must say this show keeps surprising me just when I thought I had it figured. Not only Dexter keeps been built for the audience as some kind of likeable villain, but his relationships keep messing around with his mind in a level I wouldn't even imagine discussing in a television show.

Seriously, with this episode it becomes very clear "Dexter" is not another criminalistic show which only difference is the main character. In fact it is unique, above all, because it shows things none other has the courage to. The cop murdering a criminal in the prison scene, for example. The situations the characters endure during their day-to-day life as law-enforcement workers, for another. It goes deeper than the things we're most likely interested in watching and drives a knife into our midsts taking our bowels out putting in actual words what police officers really face out there.

Plus, the continuity of Dexter rivalry with the mysterious hookers' serial killer... "Keep bringing it on!" is just what I have to say.

Stay tuned!
  • Shallow Tears Written by Clyde Philips Directed by Michael Cuesta

Last week introduced us to the violent but fascinating world of Dexter Morgan and how he finds his time balancing his life as an upstanding citizen by day and a serial killer by night. This week continues that but shows that things aren’t so cut and dry with our neat monster.

For instance his relationship with Rita is one of the defining points of the entire episode as while they may seem well suited to one another on the outside, like every other couple in the universe, even they are having their own issues to deal with.

From what we’ve seen in the first two episodes, Dexter seems to genuinely like Rita and has immersed himself greatly with her kids Cody and Astor as you can clearly tell, Dexter likes them and him playing around with them is one of the sweetest moments in the series while being a glowing contradiction in Dexter not being able to feel anything.

He may be an excellent faker in his many interactions with family, friends, colleagues and random strangers over the past couple of years but even I’m not entirely convinced that Dexter is good at faking to the extent of how he interacts with Rita and her children.

Which is good (if I’m right) because another think I think he’s unable to fake is how he feels about Rita. Maybe I’m becoming a bit of shipper and taking Dexter’s reasons for going out with her originally in mind but I get the feeling he might love her and if he doesn’t, then he certainly cares about her a lot.

Once again the lack of sex between them causes a problem because despite Dexter’s protests of having an abhorrence for the actual act, he isn’t exactly repulsed when Rita tries to initiate sex once again by nibbling on his ear only for her to back off when he attempts to reciprocate similar affections.

I like that in this series while sex isn’t the biggest factor; it’s still integral enough and is dealt with in a rather responsible manner. Rita has had a history of abuse and rape from her former loser of a spouse and the fact that this show takes on her demons along with Julie Benz’s superb acting giving the scenes justice is a testament to how much this show credits their audiences intelligence.

It’s also wonderful that while Dexter is openly able to acknowledge sex being a problem between them, he earns major points for telling Rita that he has no intention of pressuring her and that she has to do it on her own accord. If he wasn’t a serial killer he really would be the perfect package.

Dexter and Rita’s awkwardness towards sex also manages to fly in the face of the far less reserved Deb, whose public displays of affection for her current new boy toy Sean the mechanic make Dexter and Rita uncomfortable when the four of them decide to do the whole double date thing.

It also probably didn’t help to hear Sean going on about some of Deb’s more physical assets which Dexter managed to uncomfortably shrug. No-one wants to hear about their sister’s sexual prowess and Sean was a bit of a tool for hinting it to Dexter.

Of course Deb’s perfect romance did have one major flaw – Sean was married and respectfully Deb had the sense to ditch him. So that another adulterous dunce out of the picture then.

When we were concentrating on his relationship with Rita, the bond between Dexter and Deb also got highlighted. It’s really refreshing that we don’t really have to deal with any sibling rivalry with these two and Deb’s attempts of building a better relationship with her brother are handled rather nicely.

I doubt I was the only one who found her picking out a tie for him to wear to court amusing and heck, even the double date thing was another effective way to for her to get to know her brother better. Basically I like Deb and find nearly all of her scenes with Dexter enjoyable.

It’s also Dexter who Deb tells when she finds herself promoted from Vice to Homicide after LaGuerta is forced to eat humble pie and move the girl up on the career ladder and I loved how she wanted to share her good fortune with her older brother over a few beers.

Also once again, Deb’s more sensitive side was brought to the fore when she displayed humane anguish over another victim of the Ice Truck Killer. It’s good that Deb isn’t hardened by being a cop (though not all of them are) and it’s another reason why I enjoy her so much.

The Harry flashbacks of the piece this week came across as being a bit more darker than the previous episode. Last week it was laid out how Harry discovered Dexter’s darker impulses and tried to channel them for less destructive purposes and more deserving victims. When we learn that Harry’s cop partner was killed and the killer evaded justice, it doesn’t take much of a stretch that Harry is encouraging his boy to put killers like that six feet underground. Harry’s more or less grooming Dexter as the lad follows his adopted dad’s code to what I would say would be Harry’s satisfaction.

In reality this week’s flashbacks tie in nicely to two major events in this episode as the first one has Matthew Chambers avoiding another prison term despite the impressive track record of accidents he has managed in a reasonably short space of time.

For this case, Dexter goes a bit of an extra mile by not only stalking Matthew but actually going as far as befriending him in a bar and paying for his drink. If this was any other show, I’d make more of the HoYay possibility but that’s eradicated when Dexter’s true intentions are carried out, although I did find it interesting that Deb managed to distract Dexter from killing Chambers at first by almost forcing him to meet her.

Of course Dexter does eventually catch up to Matthew and once again he lays out Matthew’s impressive criminal record, takes the usual blood sample and then does him in. Unlike Jamie Jaworski, Matthew attempts to excuse his actions but as Dexter pointed out, he’s done it far too many times to actually be sorry.

The second major event in this episode then is the death of another cop – Ricky Simmonds. Ricky had been spending the good part of ten months trying to nail vicious gangster Carlos Guerrero but for some reason, Guerrero must have figured out exactly what Simmonds was doing and not only was Ricky killed but Guerrero also had his wife Karen done in as well.

Killing a cop tends to demoralise fellow cops. Dexter pointed that in flashbacks and so did an incandescent with rage Harry in our weekly flashbacks, so it doesn’t take much of a stretch that when one of Guerrero’s thugs, Norvoto Cervantes is arrested, some embittered cop would take the law into their own hands and kill him. Like with Matthew Chambers, I didn’t care. It’s not like scum like Cervantes feel remorse for their own actions.

Even Dexter had contemplated doing something about Guerrero when he spotted the gangster during his drinking session with Deb and proceeded to follow him in the bathroom. For a second it looked like Dexter would kill Carlos but it only flashed to his capture of Matthew. I’m guessing Guerrero will play a bigger role. With him and the Ice Truck Killer, Dexter is going to be a busy little beaver.

Speaking of which when he wasn’t leaving victims with coloured finger nails and his truck, our deranged killer (out to rival Nip/Tuck’s Carver perhaps?) sent Dexter another clue. Dexter continues to be flattered by this killer even if he seems to be used as a pawn like the cops are as well. Dexter certainly has a better insight with Ice Truck Killer’s mentality than the police but unless he wants to draw unwarranted attention to himself, he should hold back a little.

As for Doakes, I have to admit I was kinda shocked when I learned he was screwing around with Ricky Simmonds wife but unlike the “Pilot”, at least this episode humanised him a bit more. I still don’t really care for him but giving us a sign that he’s not a complete and total dick is nice.

It’s also interesting how LaGuerta also flits back and forth between busting Doakes’ chops for screwing around with another cop’s wife but at the same time tries to give him some emotional support. LaGuerta and Doakes are still two of my least favourite characters but their confrontation scene together is played out brilliantly by Lauren Valez and Erik King.

However getting back on the LaGuerta hate train, two episodes in and I’m starting to get tired of this woman’s treatment of Deb. While I’m not expecting a massive “sisters are doing for it themselves” camaraderie between the two, LaGuerta’s clear jealousy of Deb’s abilities as a police officer are quite annoying.

I get that LaGuerta enjoys playing with the big boys but does she have to try and humiliate Deb at a crime scene and then act like someone has shoved glass up her ass when the Captain encourages her to promote Deb. This attitude only validates Deb’s enjoyment of when LaGuerta is forced to promote her.

Also in “Crocodile”

This week saw the introduction of the series’ opening credits and can I just say they are some of the best ones I’ve ever seen? It’s a pity so many shows are now ignoring the use of opening credits.

Dexter (re LaGuerta): “In keeping with her sense of entitlement, she has a crush on me. And I thought I was creepy”.

Dexter has been working as a blood spatter expert for the past 12 years and has worked on 2103 cases exactly. That’s about 175 year. Angel (re Doakes): “What’s up his ass?”
    Deb: “He hates lab rats”.

Astor (re Dexter): “Are you gonna kiss him?”
    Rita: “Actually yes”.

Does anyone think the actress playing Astor look like Kayla in Desperate Housewives? There are some striking similarities.

LaGuerta: “What’s this sick son of a **** trying to tell us?”
    Dexter: “Not us, me”.

Doakes: “Come on Lieutenant we’ve already got a win”
    LaGuerta: “It’s not about your win; it’s about the big picture”.

This episode both opened and ended with Dexter in water, although it did look like he was about to get hit by a jet ski in the beginning.

Dexter: “If God is in the details, if I believed in him, then he is in the room with me. I only wish he brought an extension chord”.

Dexter: “We have an elephant in the room and it’s name is sex”
    Rita: “Tell me about it”.

Angel seems to have marital difficulties. Was LaGuerta giving him support or hassle during her conversation with him?

Doakes: “What business is it of yours?”
    LaGuerta: “My cop, my precinct, my business”.

Matthew: “I’m sorry, really I’m sorry”
    Dexter: “You’ve done this too many times to be sorry”.

Chronology: A few days since the “Pilot”.

Not quite as strong as the opening episode but “Crocodile” does however allow for the arc and personal dynamics to flow evenly while adding some fascinating new elements. As for Dexter, he should be careful or else he’ll end up drawing suspicion on himself.
  • Our serial killer with a heart is back.

This episode delves a bit deeper into Dexters mind and background, we learn a little more about him and why he joined the police force and why he doe‘s what he doe‘s.

We find that the ice truck killer knows who Dexter is and is stalking him, leaving him little clues as if playing a game with him, his Lt has the hots for him but dislikes his sister whereas Sgt Doakes seems to have a personal vendetta against Dex and he doesn’t seem very lose to his sister Debs, we also find out that Dexter likes to dish out his own form of capital punishment for people who think there above the law, it’s wrong but hey that’s Dexter for you.

Another brilliant episode, absolutely love the beginning opening credits and music.
  • I enjoyed the first episode of this new series and really looked forward to the second but a major plot error spoilt it for me.

Dexter's raison d'etre for being a serial killer is that he "kills people that the police can't bring to justice". But in this episode that just wasn't the case.

I as understood it the car killer got off because his lawyer said that he had completely got over his drinking problems and therefore wasn't drunk when he hit the young lad. But Dexter very quickly found Matt Chambers drinking in a local bar. Then he easily discovered that he similar drinking misdemeanors in other states. Once that proof had been uncovered it could very easily have been given to the police to bring him to justice. In this case it didn't really give Dexter a proper justification for killing him.

Sloppy writing really which really detracted from the remainder of the episode. To me it was a bit like finding that the Mona Lisa had a cauliflower ear. A small error which upset the whole picture.

The series does have great possibilities. The characters are beginning to develop but it does need sharper writing if it is going to keep my attention.
  • Amazing follow-up to an amazing pilot

The pilot was brilliant, it supplied us with everything we wanted to know about Dexter, but this provides us with so much more. We learn how Dexter comes to choose some of his victims. Even though Dexter is a serial killer himself, the writers still make him a lovable character. We get to look into Dexter's past. It seems like this will become a regular part of the show; flashbacks into Dexter's past revealing his fight with his urges to kill as a child. We learn partly why Dexter chooses the victims he does.

This episode makes it very clear how the writers can tie in individual cases but still include the overall storyline of the 'Ice Truck Killer'. This episode helps put a feeling of tension into the series as we realize that the killer really does want to play a game with Dexter, and we see how exactly he plans on toying with Dexter's mind. Overall the episode seemed somewhat like filler episode, however it was extremely well done. It provided us with a lot of information about Dexter and his past. A must see.
  • In our second chance to get to know Dexter we learn more about him, from the number of cases he has worked (exactly 2103), to what food is perfect for eating while driving (bananas, or a "pulled pork" sandwich) and what drives him to do what he

This episode did not have the fast pace of the first one, but it did give us a better look into who Dexter is and what drives him. He struggles to identify with everyone else in his life, and despite the fact that his sister Deb obviously loves him, even she can tell they are not "close."

When she asks him why it is that they don't talk about "brother/sister" stuff, Dexter's reply says it all "Our dad was a cop, you're a cop, I work for the cops, for us this is brother/sister stuff."

I am not sure how much I am going to enjoy Lt. LaGuerta and her obvious attraction to Dexter. I have yet to find her to be very compelling. This episode's highlight for me was finding the frozen fingertips. I am really going to enjoy watching the competition and interaction between Dexter and the mysterious "Ice Truck Killer."

The whole Deb with a married guy, double-date with Rita part of the episode could have been missed and I would not have cared much. I get that Deb is a complex person who would have trouble in getting a stable relationship, I get even more that Rita and Dexter are truly dysfunctional. I just didn't need to get to know Shawn, the mechanic.

Unless of course he turns out to be the Ice Truck Killer. For me, I am waiting for next week to see what happens, since Dexter feels the killer has invited him to "come get me" and he has vowed "I will."

I can't wait.
  • Dexter began as a highly promising series with quirkiness, darkness, comedy and dysfunction. This episode destroys most all of that.

4.8
    I REALLY liked the pilot episode. I loved the pacing, the characters, the twisted premise. This episode was a HUGE disappointment. First off, the ongoing plot with the serial killer that drains the blood is interesting. I loved the set-up of the cat-and-mouse game that Dexter will play with him. But, I felt that this episode really teased us with that storyline while showing us a horrible stupid sub-plot. I hated the main investigation of the cop-killer. I hated all of the cheesey police drama that went on at the station. I hated the obvious melodrama of the cop that sleeps with the dead cop's wife and becomes emotionally involved in the murders. It was just too cheesey too soon. Is this what we are in for? Bad cop drama? I hope not.

I want to see more Dexter and watch him perform his sick ritual of justice. I want to see how it affects him and how he justifies the whole thing to himself and to the rest of his existence. I am still very interested in his relationship and I want to see if he can turn it into a healthy one, all the while killing people that are "bad."

Another point is that the producers seem to be trying too hard to make Dexter likeable. The drunk driver was a good enough choice for the killing, but I was intrigued when it seemed as if the drunk driver wasn't really a killer after all. I was looking forward to seeing Dexter doubt himself and wrestle with killing a possible innocent man. The internal workings of a serial killer are what I want to see. Here, it was clearly shown that the drunk driver was a monster that went from town to town killing people from behind the wheel. Does every one of Dexter's victims have to be such a monster? Is that the only way we can stand to watch? Not me. I want to see the shades of grey.

The dialogue in this episode was not good. People said very heavy things that just wouldn't be said. "So the world just goes on spiraling out of control," is one of my favorite examples. Why do we care what Dexter and his dad talked about? If Dexter's father trained him to be a serial killer, then by all means show that, but please do it without all the crappy intellectual dialogue. Lastly, the antagonist of Dexter at the police station was destroyed as a character this week. In the pilot he was funny in how much he hated Dexter and would watch him like a hawk and call him on anything and everything. This week he was given some pretty heavy and serious material. Can he ever go back to being the guy that hates Dexter in a funny way? Why flesh out his character already? Shouldn't this happen much later when the comedy of his animosity toward Dexter gets old?

Shape up Dexter or you'll be erased from my Season Pass Manager.
  • Another awesome ep - this one keeps getting better

This show's become a personal favourite (like the unfortunate Smith; hopefully THIS one rates well)...

Another excellent episode. I was glad to see the supporting characters getting more screen time and being fleshed out a bit more than in the previous episode, including Dexter's sister's boss and her grumpy colleage. Now it's "obligatory latino sidekick"'s turn; hopefully we get a bit more substance to his character to elevate him out of one-dimensional foil teritory. Not that he's a bad character by any means, and the actor does a great job, but, I dunno, I guess I tend to be overly susceptible to noticing when a character's not doing that much. The storyline of the serial drink-driver, hit-and-runner didn't reeeeally do it for me, in simple plot terms, but thanks to the great writing as seems to be a staple for the series, the episode still came out on top. Nice one all!
  • Dexter the Crocodile.

It seems to me that the balance is important to Dexter as he and his father spoke of the world spinning out of control and that it could be set right. Then when Dexter was in the men's room with Gurrero it appeared he was going to go after him then it cuts to the scene were he has the drunk driver..and he thinks that Gurrero is in a business that will more than likely end in his demise anyways so he balances the grief and loss the teenage victim's family felt(and all the others the guy had killed or paralyzed) by killing off the drunk driver. Plus balance was achived to some extent with the stabbing death of Gurrero's henchman who had killed Simmons and mortally wounded Simmon's wife so it was something that didn't evoke the killer in Dex. He seems to hunt out the ones that get away with what they do and pretend to be upright or normal citizens..which is ironic ... since Dex does the same thing even going so far as the facade of the job and girlfriend...his social skills are practiced because hasn't got any. He is meticulous when investigating his prey though as to be sure they are truly guilty which I'm not sure if a true sociopathic serial killer would do this....he may be the thinking man's serial killer...hide in plain sight kind of guy. It is definitely a show that makes me think for several hours after watching it. It's difficult to decide whether what he is doing is evil...but then again..ofcourse it's evil.
  • One little piece of the puzzle falls into place!!

A fantastic episode. THe writers really take a hold of you and dont let go until the credits roll. Last week I loved the writing and I loved it this week too.

So this week we find Dexter going after a guy who killed a teen after driving under the influence. HE says that he has crocodile tears, which yeah totally he did. But I liked the way they made Dexter just bob in the water, like a crocodile. Crocodiles do that thing where only there eyes are above water, it was a nice nod to the title. Anyway besides the DUI guy, Dexter is also dealing with his forensic life too. Wow that was a lot of blood. I really like the scene of the crimes. They look really realistic, as oppose to CSI because of the censors and blood and all that stuff. THe piece of flesh in the mouth was gross but I was disgusted when the blood gushed all over Dex, eww. He is also eagerly waiting for Ice Truck killer to make an appearance. I love this guy already, he is smart and witty, just like Dex. Atleast the writers are taking their time with this guy. Leaving little crumbs along the way. I want to know who he is but if I found out really soon there would be nothing to bring me back. ITs like mental torture and the Truck killer seems to have the upper hand in my opinion. He knows Dex practically inside out but Dex doesnt know the killer. In all fairness the killer wont expose Dex because why ruin your own fun.

Hooray Deb got her promotion and that biatch leutinant had to say it. I loved that you could just see the distaste in her eyes and the way was saying it. Oh so good! Deb found the wrong guy, he was married. I am glad they put an end to that quickly because that plotline is so overused. I really like the actress that plays Deb, really good!

OMG poor Rita. I feel so sorry for her. SHe wants to do it but it is so traumatic for her. SHe is a character that I give all emotion to and try to see where she is coming from. I loved the reference to the elephant int he room. THat was cute. Not for nothing Dex should try to clarifiy that he doesnt want sex and that she doesnt need to make all of these advances. He should stop her because she isnt near ready for it and he needs to stop her from hurting herself.

Easy play to call writers. I totally figured it out that the sargeant guy was sleeping that lady. SO easy to see it wasnt even funny. I still hate his chaarcter and the actor loves to be a total ham. Ugh please do an actor switch. WHat? Its too late, damn!

Oh what happened to my precious torture scenes. THe DUI guy didnt even get tortured, it was like a casual talk. Bring back the torture, I loved it. Also this is cable why do they shy away from the cutting up the bodies. COme on this is Showtime not NBC, I want to see what exactly he does with the people he kills. SHow them dying!!!!!!

WHat is with the constant eating these characters do? THey are always eating. Its weird but whatever. Overall a fantastic episode. THe empty freezer definately means this game is going to push forward, maybe at a faster pace. All I know is that the teaser for the season has me dying.. Especially with the final scene of DEx getting cut, OMG how creepy. It is going to be good.
  • finger tips...

Another week, another murder. Well actually more than one. Not only did Dexter make a kill on a man that has been running from the law, but the Ice Man killer left Dexter a present. Yet another clue to Dexter, taunting him, inviting him to join in on his game. The good news is that Dexter’s sister, Debra, got promoted to homicide. The bad news is that it looks like in the future she is going to get up close and personal with Dexter’s work and that is going to throw the balance off. Can’t wait to see more w/ young Dexter and his dad so we can find out more of what made him the man we see today.