Dexter

Do the Wrong Thing

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 04, 2012 on Showtime

• Decisionsdecisions...

The chemistry between M. Hall and Y. Strahovski is one of the strong points in this season. Others being Isaak's vendetta and the inner struggle of Debra and the possibility of a rematch between the Miami Metro and the BHB in the 8th season.

Dexter's decision to boink Hannah instead of killing her will probably bite him in the ass, but I didn't want Hannah to die anyway. Sure I wanted Dexter to be wise and kill her but I didn't want her dead.. Not just yet. Dexter makes a bad decision which I "forgive" because I am way too curious to see how fucked up Hannah really is.

It's not a coincidence that Dexter breaks the code in such a significant way in the season where Debra finds out about him. I think that even though Debra decided to go with the 'ignorance is bliss' approach on Dexter's extra-curricular activities, she is going to realize that Dexter needs something physical to remind him to do what he does (or did) best.

I didn't care about Quinn's storyline in the previous episodes at all... But now it seems like Isaak got himself a man inside Miami Metro.. Who knows maybe Isaak even tells Quinn about Dexter and re-awakens Quinn's suspicions of Dexter in the process.

So to conclude my ramblings... 'Do the Wrong Thing' was a mediocre episode and yet I enjoyed it a lot. Quinn basically released Isaak which fixes two problems with this season; Isaak being in jail and Quinn's pointless sidestory not being SO pointless. Dexter doesn't kill Hannah ('Phew' and 'Oh man...') Batista's storyline doesn't seem to be of any importance to the Hannah/Isaak storyline