Dexter

Do You Take Dexter Morgan?

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 14, 2008 on Showtime

• Dexter gets married but first has to get past the Skinner.

After the previous episode where Dexter kills Miguel he thinks it's over but the Skinner is still out there and is coming for Dexter I don't think this finale was better than the season finale of season 1 and 2 but it was really exciting to see the conclusion from the episodes building up to it The best part was where the Skinner and Dexter had the fight at the end The Skinner obviously didn't know who he was messing with The thing I was surprised about was La Guerta giving Deb the shield but it was good that she did The episode ended in the right way with the wedding to finish the episode off Dexter now is going to be living a new life in season 4 and now with having a son as well He will have to find a way to be a family man and a killer.
  • Bad Editing and or Directing.

Personally, I think that this episode could have been a 2 parter, I suppose the produces like to keep the number of episodes to 12.

The Editor or Director in question did very bad jobs on the last one. Examples:

The funeral scene was not shown. The very end when Dexter speaks his mind (doing a voice over), they show people dancing in the marriage. I mean it would be nice to go to a close up to dexter rather than distracting the viewer on what he is saying.

I suggest you close your eyes if you decide to watch it again, as I think the writers have done a superb job as always.
  • Loose Ends Written by Scott Buck Directed by Keith Gordon

Dexter (on being tied up): "Such a familiar situation, such an unfamiliar perspective."

This week's been a distraction with the latest episode of Dollhouse and that whole Torchwood five parter spectacle so apologies for this being slightly later than usual. As season enders go however, I enjoyed this one a lot.

With Miguel dead, things could only escalate for Dexter. It's not like offed a random no mark. Miguel for all his faults was a key player and his death was naturally going to arouse a lot of suspicion.

Everyone else seemed content with the idea of blaming the Skinner for Miguel and rationing that Miguel's pursuit of Freebo may have factored into it. The only person who actually thought to blame Dexter was Ramon but that guy's had a stick wedged up his arse all season.

Ramon got told by Miguel to protect him from Dexter and with Miguel dead, it would make sense that Ramon would lay the blame on Dexter's door. Blaming Dexter was one thing. Trashing his apartment, slashing up his wedding suit and then pointing a gun at him during a public event. He should be lucky that Dexter opted to reason rather than kill him.

A part of me did wonder if Dexter was going to go for the whole Prado trifecta and kill off Ramon but with the latter in police custody, he didn't get his shot. Reasoning with Ramon surprisingly worked in the end, especially when Ramon revealed a little more about his dynamic with Miguel.

So a lot of Ramon's reckless and violent behaviour this season had to do with him tying up Miguel's loose ends? Did Miguel tell him to kidnap and torture a bloke? Maybe Dexter was hypocritical in giving Ramon such sage advice but considering what the alternative was, he made the right choice here.

As for the Skinner. If the finale had a disappointing element, then it involved the defeat of this bloke. I've said enough times that the Skinner was such an impersonal threat to Dexter and I think that's why I haven't found him as compelling as Rudy, Lila or Miguel, even in light of what he did to Anton.

Kidnapping Dexter on his wedding day was an inevitability I guess but when he was trying to scare Dexter, I just found his whistling to be more annoying than threatening. Similarly Dexter wasn't that scared of King but more of the fact that he mightn't get the chance to enjoy married life or fatherhood.

I loved that Dexter got the opportunity to out-psych the Skinner. Gloating about Freebo's death and even throwing in the fact that Miguel was using the Skinner to bump off Dexter all threw the Skinner off balance. Their fight was even short lived with Dexter snapping his neck and gashing some skin off him.

Deb got to make a wry joke about the Skinner getting his just desserts but I'm really impressed with how quickly Dexter was able to get out of that building. That being said, wouldn't it in some ways have made more sense if the face-off had been Deb and the Skinner, rather than Dexter and the Skinner?

Deb was also a dominating factor in the finale. All season long we've heard everything about Deb getting her shield. This episode had Angel all quick to give her the recommendation but when he found out about Deb sleeping with Anton, the danger of her not getting it reared it's ugly head.

Deb didn't exactly make matters any better by telling Angel that she knew how he really met Barbara as well. That was a low blow for Deb but I did like that she was instantly apologetic for it as much as I liked that Angel took it upon himself to tell Maria the truth about Barbara as well.

Maria's reaction caught me off guard. With the knowledge, I guess Angel seeking solace with hookers wouldn't be a big deal but still Maria did let him off with it. I'm not criticising that part but it's interesting. Similarly interesting is the way she dealt with Deb sleeping with Anton.

Maria and Deb have never exactly been the best of friends but if Angel could be forgiven, wouldn't Deb be similarly deserving? In TV land, it always seems that you can't have the two things you desire. You can either get one and lose the other or simply lose both.

Deb in this instance became a rarity – she got both her and shield and Anton and I don't care about logistics because while sleeping with a CI might be unprofessional, Deb has more than proved that she's a deserving detective and even Maria acknowledged that freely.

As for Anton, I loved the way that Deb confessed to Maria about how she really felt for him. Okay, so it was similar to how she did with Dexter in the previous episode but it still had the right effect and I liked that Anton didn't reject. If he's still around by the last episode of the fourth season, then that really will be progress for the girl.

As for the wedding, it happened at the very last minute and at the right time. Rita lying to Dexter about being married before would be an issue on any other show. Dexter himself did seem a little annoyed that she lied to him but in the end, he let her off due to the fact that his secrets are far worse than hers.

I was actually surprised to see Sylvia in this episode as well. Unlike Ramon who was basically going nuts, Sylvia showed no emotion at all over Miguel's death. I know they were separated at the time but isn't that just a little strange? Still if there's one thing Sylvia has contributed this season, it's been giving Rita someone to interact with outside of Dexter. For that alone, I think she should come back next season.

Dexter's scenes with Harry in this episode were deliberately cathartic. All season long Dexter's been annoyed with the lies and secrets that Harry shrouded him in. Here, he finally let go and it did him the world of good. It certainly helped during those scenes with the Skinner if nothing else. Also in "Do You Take Dexter Morgan?"

Jimmy Smits appeared in one scene in this episode as Miguel, with no dialogue. I don't remember if he was credited though.

Dexter: "We all react in different ways to death. Some like Ramon choose anger, others cling to ritual."

The latter comment was referring to Maria praying beside Miguel's corpse.

Dexter: "That was awkward. I don't think I've ever been asked to leave a funeral."
    Rita: "Ramon didn't ask you to leave. He pushed you out the door."

Dexter: "Cody and Astor are charms too?"
    Rita: "Like I said, that's my loving mother."

Rita got married at 16 to a guy named John Ackerman and seemingly the marriage was annulled. Oh and her middle name is Ann.

Harry: "Miguel warned you that his death wasn't going to be the end of things."
    Dexter: "So, his plan was to make me hire out a housekeeper?"

Dexter: "Dad would be proud. It still means something no matter how flawed he was."
    Deb: "Yeah, look at us. You're getting married, I'm making detective. The Morgans are gonna be alright."

That cool file lady from the previous episode was called Frances. I don't know if Deb read yet that the CI Harry was sleeping with was Laura Moser. She soon will though.

Dexter (re Miguel): "He was a hero to some."
    Maria: "He was a cold blooded killer. He murdered my friend and now he's got an interchange."

Dexter: "You can call me whatever you want."
    Cody: "I think we'll just call you Dexter."
    Dexter: "Sounds good."

Dexter said to Harry that he was having a son. At first I thought of Cody, but then realised the baby obviously.

Quinn: "Heard you busted Ramon Prado again."
    Deb: "Yeah, the Prados must love me."

Ramon (to Dexter, re Miguel): "He **** told you that? It was me who did that to our father. He took it from me, made it his story, part of his goddamn legend."

We learned in this episode that the Skinner/George King's real name is Jorge Orozco and that he headed up an interrogation UNIT, so torture pretty much his forte.

Dexter (to Ramon): "I know I've been there. The sins of the father go on and on. From kid to kid to kid, unless someone chooses to end them."

Maria (to Deb, re her shield): "You're one of the smartest, one of the hardworking, most annoying, pain in the ass cops in my department and you've earned this."

Cute little scene with Maria enjoying cupcakes with Deb. I think Dexter and his donuts are about to get usurped.

Skinner: "I could kill you now."
    Dexter: "If you can convince yourself I'm lying. That you need to skin me to get information out of me."
    Skinner: "You are lying. You do know where he is."
    Dexter: "Miguel Prado tell you that? He wanted me dead, so he used you, played on your obsession. Probably wasn't too hard. I mean, you're a little single minded."

Cop (re Skinner): "Jesus, officer. Scraped his **** skin."
    Deb: "Yeah, what goes around, comes around and that's detective."

Chronology: Not sure but given that Rita evidently doesn't look like she's halfway through her pregnancy, it's hard to tell.

"Do You Take Dexter Morgan?" feels a little lighter for a finale but you know, what? This was actually a lot better than some heavy packed season enders. The Skinner's death may not have been exciting but there was plenty in this episode that was and I can't wait for the next season.
  • Previously on "Miguel"....

3.5
    This season of "Dexter" could be called "Miguel", actually. Now to think about it, the key character of the show was him; but even if you disagree, you gotta agree he was the impact character.

However, he died the previous episode. So how would the finale work? It's centered around him, but he's dead. The writers are creative enough to make it work, right? Right? No

they are not.

I believe they are, but I also believe they are lazy when it comes to finales, and they are too scared to take risks. Just like the season 2 finale, everything comes well together for Dexter. No complications, no cliffhangers, everything is like it was before the show started. At least in season 2 finale the writers waited until the finale to kill off Lila! But here, they didn't. And honestly, The Skinner doesn't replace, Miguel. In fact, the skinner is by far the most boring villain/bad guy ever been on this show.

The confrontation scene was hilariously anti climatic. Dexter escaped within 30 seconds, with practically one hand.... first freeing himself, then killng the Skinner, then running away with his body, only to drop it at the very right moment ,and then escaping through the window. That's it? Really? The rest of the episode wasn't much better either. I mean the only thing that REALLY had to do with the main plot of the season was Ramon's confrontation, which was good, but that lasted about 5 minutes!

The wedding, Sorry, I don't care for it. Rita's character was pretty cool, but now she just feels like a filler. Same for Debra.... And what the heck is the purpose of ANTON?!?! And the shield? Why she got it? Absolutely unrealistic.

It was just full of fluff.

And of course, in the end, there's no cliffhanger, no hints of what's coming, nothing. Heck, even Miguel's wife was contributing to the wedding as nothing happened. WTF is up with that. I mean I kind of expected to see Ramon as best man....
  • Life after Miguel

After Miguel`s "premature death" (in all sense of the term) last week, i didn`t expect much for the finale. Miguel Prado made this season good, that`s a fact. He clearly overshadowed Dexter as a chracter several times this season and after his death last week, it was pretty clear we were in for some dull finale. Well that`s exactly what we`ve got.
    First Dexter had to deal with Ramon. Ramon is ok but not big finale standard. However his story did end in a satisfying way...his final exchange with Dexter was great. And I wanted to see Miguel`s funeral! Dexter`s appartment getting tossed had potential..if only Ramon took the blood slides.
    Then we have the skinner. I actually forgot about him before he attacked Dex. Well, I give it to him...when he came out of nowhere and attacked Dexter..he had a creepy face and his whistles were cool (yeah that`s about it for him). Also, some of the dialogues during the interaction were good but other than that, it toatlly lacked the intensity one would expect. Like I said in my review of the previous episode, when the Skinner will meet Dexter..the party will not be the same without Miguel. Skinner gets killed rather easily and Dex get away..dull stuffs.
    Then you a bunch of pretty much nothing. Debra`s thing with the shield was all except interesting....same for her love story with Anton. They could have made her more interesting by exploring the storyline about Dexter`s mom...I guess that`s for next season. Quinn turns out to be a nobody after all. All the build ups for nothing. Rita`s first marriage revelation means absolutetly nothing for now. Then you have the wedding, how convenient...yet another happy ending for good old Dexter in yet another dissapointing finale. It does provide closure but not in a very interesting way.
  • Dudster Season 3 has been so lackluster. But it was expected, with no book to follow this season finale was merely adequate.

Season 3 can be defined with one single word: Adequate. How was the acting? it was okay. How was the directing? It was okay. How were the side plots? okay. How was the main villain? slightly better than okay. How was the skinner? Okay. How as the nudity? Wait, what the hell happened to that?! Seriously, the Yuki side plot was stupid and ended up being pointless. It also doesn't make any sense with regards to Quinn and what he "did." Then again, not much of Season 3 makes much sense. Miguel vs Dexter happened way too late in the season, and had so much more potential. Dexter vs Doakes was far superior. The Dexter-in-Masuka's car incident is really just a slap in the face to the viewers. What purpose does that serve other than to annoy the viewer for even carrying? Can you imagine after building up the Coffin scene in Lost, they open it up and its empty? GOTCHA!!! No you don't got me; you got crappy writing.

Ultimately, I guess I'd rather have adequate, average, avenging Dudster over no Dexter at all.
  • Do You Take Dexter Morgan?? of course not !

My third review about Dexter and now I am sure Dexter is the best serial in his kind. That drama, that crime, that mysterious are really really amazing. Dexter is genius, his talk`s with himself are brilliant, but "Dexter" that is not only Dexter in this serial is more great characters like Debra, Masuka, Rita, Batista they all make that great show. What about season finale... well Dexter again survive without unexpected waste in people :) Miguel Prado must be dead because he think heis smartest than Dexter and that was his big mistake. He can be real Dexter`s friend but loose this oportunity and must die. Debra Morgan are promoted to detectiv now, in fourth season she will be more important that she yet was. Mmmm courious. I liked her so for me next season will be more interesting :)

When all trouble were end Dexter and Rita get married ... finally :) Love Dexter so now after watching third season in may I wait for next season with Dexter`s child and others :) just few months :)

• Great ending to a great season.

Being the third season, I had my doubts.
    Would they play it safe, introduce an a new serial killer and follow the same pattern as the first two seasons.
    Thankfully not, the introduction of the Jimmy Smits character was genius and Jimmy played it to perfection.
    By the season mid-point, I found myself watching the show more for Jimmy Smits than Dexter.
    Without providing spoilers, the story was significantly different to the first two seasons.
    They upped the ante and it could of easilly failed.
    As it was, they pulled it off brilliantly.
    Best season yet.
    Can't wait to see how married life treats are favorite serial killer.. :)
  • 20/10 : "Safe and Sound"

20/10 : "Safe and Sound"

Before you get too confused about my true feelings, let me spell it out for you:
    "
    BEST. EPISODE. EVER.
    "

Okay. Now that secret is out, I will try to put to words the avalanche of adoration I currently feel for this show and episode.

On life and death: Miguel gets a send off worthy of a friend. Yes Dex does the deed, but on a certain level, he does mourn Mig. Also – the symphony of reaction to the dead body was a wonderful scene. The only close people he has ever really had have been his victims – both Lila and Miguel needed one-way tickets to meet the dark passenger, despite all their guessing. Dex is only ever truly alive when he kills. On controlling monsters: King is all about control. Or was until Dex sorted that one out. How he performs that kill was simply outstanding. He does some soul searching, seizes the initiative, takes a small sacrifice, uses his insanely quick thinking to perform a completely clean hit. It was like watching the Mona Lisa being conceived and painted – but in motion.

On Fatherhood: Finally! Dexter makes the most significant change in his life. He forgives his father for all the imperfections he saw in him. Does he display emotion in the form of a father weeping? Fascinating! Harry taught him the code and to be self sufficient – in order to keep him safe. That he could not bear the fruits of his labour and instead took his own life is a testament to his protective instinct. He did the best he could so. And Dex must now do the same. And he remembers all that was good about the relationship – the bunny and log story was a defining moment of all fatherhood stands for – "Safe and sound". Dex has done a damn good job so far – witness the scene in the car. And this change allows him to move onto fatherhood without the hang-ups of perfection that pervades the rest of his life. As he said "the sins of the father continue to live on... until you choose to end them".

On Secrets: Dex learns that some simply are not meant to be shared. That Rita has her own (minor) one somehow brings balance back to the force. They both deserve to have secrets. "In that way, I am like everyone else ... sort of". LaGuerda learns to keep her own one quiet. And so does Angry Prado.

On wounded animals: Moving on to Angry Prado. That scene in the cage was of two animals putting aside the armour and talking. That Dex chose the harder option of reaching out to heal another was admirable – and instinctive yet again. The thorn is removed and the animal abated. Is there anything more compassionate than that?

Debs!: Finally makes up her mind, comes clean and is rewarded. That she gets King and to be a "transvest!te" best "man" are just the icing on the cake. There is a dark lining to this silver cloud – she gets the case files. How far will she go? How will Dex handle it? Surely it will not spell out the end of him. Oh - and let's not forget her storming lines:

"Enough of this soppy sh!t. Let's get you f*ing hitched!".

Indeed.

On honesty: "Sound like I am marrying an unicorn!".
    "I promise to be the very best husband and father I can be." (inner) "A completely and utterly honest vow".
    What a day for firsts.

For next Season: Dexter feels mostly dead. This marriage for all its appeal and happiness – remains two people with deep secrets. Dex is perched on the brink of fatherhood, and has cleansed his mind of many of those demons – unlike the kill, perfection in fatherhood is impossible – all he can do is his best. And the dark passenger has gotten a taste for the adrenaline of an unplanned and instinctive kill. Which side will win over?

I feel it best to leave this essay with the last words of the season:

"I am who I was and who I am. The question is who do I become. There are so many blanks still left to fill in. But right now – at this moment ... I am content. Even happy. I have to admit that when all is said and done – Life is Good."

Amen to that, brother. Keep it coming!
  • Dexter has a Realization and goes back to his old ways. Warning *Do not Read If you Haven't seen* *SPOILER ALERT*

This episode was amazing, Anton and Deborah got back together, Dex gets married and the Skinner is dead. A brilliant ending to a superb season. It was actually the first time I've ever seen Dexter tied up like he does with all his victims. Although he broke free and had a showdown with the Skinner by snapping his neck and chucking him onto the front of the cop car dead. Dexter finally wants to get married and have kids with Rita and has never really wanted something allot, but now he suddenly wants it so bad he does everything he can to get it! A dramatic funeral for Miguel. Sadly, a great character but dissapointing how he died but I guess he just had to. Probably season 1 or 3 are my favourite. Can't wait to no when Season 4 is coming out in 2009!!! w00t!!!!
  • Dex gets married

Gotta admit after a strong season this finale was a bit of a letdown. After Killing Miguel in the previous episode all Dexter has on his mind Ramon Prado along with his marriage to Rita of course. Dexter tries to let down Ramon gently after finding his apartment being broken into and being kicked out of Miguel's funeral. George King is still on the loose and wants Freebo but we all know he's dead but King doesn't believe so; when he takes Dexter to some unknown place, Dex just admits he finished him off. The Fed's bust in and in a quite freakish way dies. Elsewhere Deb finally gets her Shield.
  • an awesome season comes to an above average end

the episode started very very good with miguels body being found that was an emotional moment that made me kind of sad to see this great character go.
    now the skinner was a not so great bad guy but he served his propose by being miguels final move against dex from beyond the grave plus we got the most exciting scene in the episode the dexter-skinner showdown.
    ramons part was kind of good but i would like to see him back in season 4 posing some sort of a menace to dexter instead of let his anger go. the whole weding was kind of cheesy but well the blood on the dress part at the end was worth it. good to see deb geting her shield i also hope that in next season she gets to make a harry-laura moser-ice truck killer-dexter conection.
  • Do You Take Dexter Morgan is the finale for season three of Dexter and a wonderful season it was. While the one obstacle in Dexter's life has been dealt with, several others conclude or start, pending how you look at it.

After watching the episode it was apparent someone definitely takes Dexter, initially not who you think. After dealing with Ramon someone else is still on Dexter's heels and actually get the better of him. This ordeal opens up a new side of Dexter as he comes to grips with something he's never felt before causing our 'hero' to keep fighting. Other characters' storylines conclude as well with some revealing secrets of their own, while another's secret comes to light. Fitting since the entire series revolves around a secret.

While we all knew that Dex would prevail, it was fun seeing it.
  • It was all about secrets and people getting to keep them on the season 3 finale of Dexter. Now that Miguel is out of the picture, how will he handle the aftermath?

With Miguel out of the picture, Dexter's focus shifts to calming his emotionally unstable brother, Ramon. Upon easing Ramon's concerns, Dexter can finally breathe again. All that stands before him now is his wedding with Rita… until he's met with yet another deadly surprise. The Skinner goes after Dex and succeeds in kidnapping him. There he realizes that he wants to live more than he has ever before because of Dexter Jr., Rita and the kids. He also admits to the Skinner that he killed Freebo. When Dexter gets free of his ropes he's no match for George King and manages to drop him in front of a cop car making it look like a suicide.

Meanwhile, Debra's informed by Batista that she is going to receive her Detective's shield, but is instantly blindsided with information that could potentially derail her promotion, that Miguel was looking into her and Anton. This gets back to LaGuerta, but Deb takes a stand and tells her she doesn't regret being with Anton, LaGuerta gives Deb her shield (woot!) and they share some celebratory cupcakes.

Dexter makes it down the aisle with Rita with nothing more than a broken arm from his fight with King. Alls well that ends well?

More Thoughts on 'Do You Take Dexter Morgan?':

- That seemed like series finale more than anything, everything wrapped up a little too nicely

- Good on Deb for choosing Anton AND getting the Detective shield

- Liked the ending with Dexter's blood dripping on Rita's white dress.

- Wonder what Rita's story with the first husband is going to be?

- Odd that Syl still wanted to participate in the wedding when Miguel was just married, regardless of the fact that she had thrown him out.

Bottom Line: The finale could have been a lot better, especially with Rita's ex-husband subplot.
  • Very good ending

There were really two main characters in this season - Dexter and Miguel. Unfortunately, Miguel is gone, and now Dexter has his final confrontation with the skinner. As I wrote before, I believe this should have been switched. Dexter should have had his confrontation with the skinner last episode and they should have saved the kill of Miguel for the finale.

However, the writers did the best they could do with not having Miguel in the final episode. The confrontation between Dexter was very exciting (even though a bit short), and once again, Dexter has solved a Debra problem. I liked the bait and switch move the writers did with Ramon and the Skinner. Dexter's growth as a human being has been an interesting aspect of this season, and the wedding was well done. I'm not a big fan of cliffhangers, but they could have had Debra look at the files, and find out about Dexter's mother (and maybe even his brother). All in all, it was a very good season, and I will be eagerly anticipating season 4.
  • Weakest season finale thus far.

Season 1 had the final stand of The Ice Truck Killer. Season 2 had Dexter dealing with Doakes finding out he was The Bay Harbor Butcher and a wacky ex-fling. What does Season 3 conclude with? A wedding.

Dexter has always been about innovation, having you root for a man who at heart should be a villain, and transcending typical drama stereotypes. This season has consisted of nothing but generic plotlines from a pregnancy to a wedding. The absence of Miguel Prado was noticeable here and if Season 4 presents us with a character half as good we should be in for a real treat. I just hope that we can get back to the intense murdering show we all know and love not a sappy Dexter Morgan falling in love.
  • Dexter must decide how to handle a grieving Ramon as the Skinner is on his trail. Debra awaits her Detective Badge as she must decide whether to be with Anton or make her career her priority.

I love that Dexter over these last three seasons doesn't leave you with a cliff hanger. Rather it ends the story of that season but tantalises you with more to come. Last season it was Dexter's abandonment of his father's ideals and this year it is how Dexter will be able to continue his addiction without letting his marriage suffer.

This ep kicks off with Dexter setting Miguel's body in a park and made it look like the Skinner's dirty work. No one doubts this but Ramon who expects that Dexter is not the concerned friend that he appears. You learn alot about Ramon in this story arc and gives you perspective into what his relationship with Miguel truely meant for Ramon.

Meanwhile, Debra is on the cusp of her detective badge when Angel finds out about her relationship with Anton. This leaves Dera with a choice, risk her badge for Anton or choose her career and cut ties with Anton. Everything works out for Debra in the end is able to have Anton and her Badge.

Rita prepares for the wedding as Dexter finds out that he will be her third husband and not her second. Dexter finds it bizare that he is not the only one lying in the relationship. He lets her have her secret, considering all the secrets he has. The skinner also catches up with Dexter for an experience that neither men were expecting.

All in all, this was a nice ending to what has been a truely great season. One Dexter story dies with Miguel, and I can only hope that next season will be just as riveting and enjoyable as this one.
  • Solid ending to another fantastic season.

It seems like only yesterday i was gleefully anticipating the return of one of the best shows on the box, and now the third season is over i can wholeheartedly say...I LOVE THIS SHOW!

That makes it 3 fantastic seasons on the trot now, absolutely unbelievable. How can they keep this up? I have no idea, but i really hope they do because the folks at Showtime surely have themselves a keeper in Dexter. As for the episode, it was the perfect ending to a adrenaline filled, heart pounding roller coaster ride of a season. The acting was fantastic, music was on point, pacing was great and the ending really made me smile. Loose ends were tied and the stage has been emphatically set for the fourth season. LONG LIVE DEXTER MORGAN!
  • Definitely didn't think that the finale would just leave me smiling.

More than anything, I'd say that this is a testament to the writers' versatility; not only can they create incredible suspense, but they can also make a borderline-cheesy finale and still have a great final product. I felt that King's end was really forced together and somewhat lacked creativity, though that doesn't even bother me that much because the whole tone of this episode just seemed different, with more positive emotions than usual. This season did a great job of showing more of Dexter's human and personal side, such as his need to tell Angel to leave the door closed, and his seemingly sincere words to Deb. It'll be great to see how this aspect progresses, especially after the kid is born (assuming that it is..., don't know if the blood on the dress was foreshadowing or just symbolizing his "darkness").