Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

Best Season?

mafiaboi89

[1]Nov 12, 2009
    • level: 3

Hey all!

I started watching this show recently and I just finished season 1.

I wanted to know which are the best seasons, including season 1, to know which one to get. In what order would you rank them all?

And another question: Does Dexter's attyitude towards Deb and Rita change? Cause so far he never shares anything with them and it makes it a little annoying on the long term. So does he start talking a little more and being a little less of a loser when he talks to girls? lol

Thx

Edited on 11/12/2009 9:04pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chikanoman

[2]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 12
    season 4 so far for me

mimisc2009

[3]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 9
    I also think season 4 is turning out to be brilliant but they all are. As for Dexter's attitude toward Rita and Deb, he's trying to connect with both of them in this current season

Stitllams

[4]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 6
    Season 2 without a doubt if you just looking for one season out of them all, however they are all good in their own way if you a Dexter fan.

axe_king

[5]Nov 20, 2009
    mafiaboi89 wrote:

Hey all!

I started watching this show recently and I just finished season 1.

I wanted to know which are the best seasons, including season 1, to know which one to get. In what order would you rank them all?

And another question: Does Dexter's attitude towards Deb and Rita change? Cause so far he never shares anything with them and it makes it a little annoying on the long term. So does he start talking a little more and being a little less of a loser when he talks to girls? lol

Thx

well it simply you just watch them from 1-4. simple and you will find out for yourself meanwhile not getting spoiled .

and season 2 really gets intense man. don't miss it

melina79

[6]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 12
    You should definitely watch all of them. This show is brilliant.
    I would rank them as follows:
    s2 - s3 - s1 - s4 (I'm still not liking season 4 all that much. The progression of the plot is sooo slow)

fredbalsdon

[7]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 6
    season 4 so far for me

JohnBonaccorsi

[8]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 4
    You sorta should watch them all in a row because each season bases a lot of it's plot on the former seasons, but I think the best season is season 4 (current season). Then I'd say season 1 followed closely by season 2. Seasons 1, 2, and 4 are all equally awesome to be honest. Season 3 was kinda iffy though, plot wasn't too strong or interesting.

jaredzusmc

[9]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 10

I didn't start watching the series until early last year. I did an episode by episode and season by season marathon to catch up to Season 3. Of course we're now in Season 4. I have to say that Season 2 was a really good one for me. It's paved the way for a lot of the following 2 seasons (dark passenger and all).

J.

teron678

[10]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 10
    All the 4 seasons are superb ... but Since I'm watching season 4 right now .. I'll say Season 4 is the best so far ... & tonite's eps was the best eps of the season so far

Treythalomew2

[11]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 2
    Season 2 was the one for me. I burned through the first season and thought it was an interesting show but that there wouldn't be much legs for it to go anywhere past a second season. Then I watched the second season and understood that there was many, many ways Dexter could be taken without going extreme. This show unlike a show like Heroes feels like a complete story that is just separated out into chapters. I feel like no one could ever do the show justice by skipping a season or ever an episode.

axe_king

[12]Nov 23, 2009
    Treythalomew2 wrote:
    Season 2 was the one for me. I burned through the first season and thought it was an interesting show but that there wouldn't be much legs for it to go anywhere past a second season. Then I watched the second season and understood that there was many, many ways Dexter could be taken without going extreme. This show unlike a show like Heroes feels like a complete story that is just separated out into chapters. I feel like no one could ever do the show justice by skipping a season or ever an episode.

quoted for truth I feel the same.

jsut have to see them all to make them justice.

damn thsi show is actually way better than those CSI and NCSI and bones and whatever. They all just become predictable after what? second episode.

haha I love this show being different.

and i was right. you should not judge the hole season if its not completed yet. season 4 is turning into something really awsome. can't wait to see finally

Widget_

[13]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 4

You don't have to worry, if you just started watching you are in for 4 extremely perfect seasons of a great show.
    When I had to rank them I would definitely put the amazing season 2 at no.1
    All seasons are amazing but my list would be in order of most amazing to slightly less amazing:

Season 2, 3, 1, 4

Edited on 11/29/2009 2:58am

SyFyFan88

[14]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 7
    I love all of them and still would never by any seasons on DVD, because I just watch them for free on the PC. If I really think I would say season 3!

wingsabre

[15]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 13
    I would say season 4 is the best season so far.

If I were to watch, I'd watch it in order from season 1-4.

In terms of the best season. I'd say it's 4, 1, 2, 3. That's because there really are full on antagonist in seasons 1 and 4. Season 2 and 3 was a more organic process. Season 2 was exciting for everyone wanted to know how it would end from the first episode. Season 3 is probably the weakest so far, because I feel it was less centered on Dexter than the other seasons. Season 1 is great because of the whole visual aspect of the show. They've never been able to recapture some of the stunning visual effects and on location shoots since season 1. This is partly due to the whole move in production from Miami to Los Angeles. The humidity was real, the gators, swamps everglades were real and gave a visual life to the series. Additionally, season one is where you get a bunch of flash backs to introduce Dexter. This is necessary for the rest of the series to make sense.

pumpkinhead2

[16]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 7

Season 2 for me. From the moment they found Dexter's dumping ground that series had me on the edge of my seat.

Season 4 started slowly but the last 2 episodes are really starting to ramp things up. It comes in number 2. John Lithgow is pure evil.

Series 1 was great but I found series 3 a little disappointing.

Edited on 12/01/2009 6:47am

WillYouKindly

[17]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 8
    2-4-1-3. Season 3 is still awesome, but it's way too slow for the whole season. Season 4 has some slow parts, but becomes VERY intense at several spots (episodes 4,5, 9 & 10 especially). Season 2 is still the best thing ever to grace TV.

wastedaudio

[18]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 14

Seasons 1, 2, 4, 3.

Dexter is more sociopathic in the first season and more true to the definition of the term, which is why I liked it. Season 2 and 4 were hard to choose between, so they're tied. John Lithgow makes a great adversary to Dexter, one of the best of the entire series. However, Season 2 had a great storyline and always had me at the edge of my seat, loved the fast-pacing. Season 3 wasn't all the great to me, although I admit, it was better than most of the stuff on TV at that moment. Miguel didn't do much for me, nor did Rita and her constant nagging.