Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

Dexter and Deb a couple?!

Aragorn64468

[1]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 15

Am I being captain obvious or are Deb's psychiatrist sessions going to make her realize that she has "feelings" for Dexter and will want to start a relationship with him?

Edited on 12/07/2011 7:29pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jiko25

[2]Dec 8, 2011
    • level: 2

maybe you are, but i think it would be an interesting development for next season.

Darkflame2006

[3]Dec 8, 2011
    • level: 9
    Kinky!

umbala-umbala

[4]Dec 10, 2011
    • level: 5
    Looks like she's suggesting that for sure. I can't say that story line would be my cup of tea, but it wouldn't be boring!

umbala-umbala

[5]Dec 10, 2011
    • level: 5
    Also, a quote from Dexter...

"If I could have feelings at all, I'd have them for Deb."

RachaelPerry

[6]Dec 11, 2011
    • level: 1

Oh yes I believe that whole heartedly that she will realize she is in love with her brother and always has been!!!!

RachaelPerry

[7]Dec 11, 2011

Oh yes I believe that whole heartedly that she will realize she is in love with her brother and always has been!!!!

QueenOfGaming

[8]Dec 11, 2011
    • level: 3

i am definitely seeing hints to this as well, gross! I really hope the writers do not go down this road, i would not find this interesting at all to watch. even if they weren't related they would make a horrible couple.

MichaelKessle1

[9]Dec 11, 2011

I don't think any shrink would have ever mentioned such a ridiculous thing as Debra having sexual feelings for her brother Dexter. They were raised together, which affects how they view each other much more than not being related by blood. The shrink would have never raised the issue that they aren't related by blood. It's totally irrelevant, because they grew up together.

Edited on 12/11/2011 10:13pm

k1981

[10]Dec 11, 2011

I think the therapist is working some kind of an angle. She keeps trying to lead the conversation in certain bizarre directions. She's either a plant or part of some larger conspiracy.

hero_47

[11]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 8

QueenOfGaming wrote:

i am definitely seeing hints to this as well, gross! I really hope the writers do not go down this road, i would not find this interesting at all to watch. even if they weren't related they would make a horrible couple.

That's funny, considering the two were married in real life.

CarmineVendetta

[12]Dec 12, 2011

That is an absolutely intriguing concept. I never remotely considered that. I could very much see that as a lead into next season. Good eye!

CarmineVendetta

[13]Dec 12, 2011

But when you break away the stigma, especially that they aren't related, they are no different than 2 friends of the opposite sex. They have known each other for the majority of their life. It's something that makes the most sense. Also, I fully believe the attraction arises BECAUSE she knows they aren't related. Everything Dexter is good at; all the way from being caring to his skills on the job. She doesn't view as his sister but rather 'the girl who is impressed by the new guy in her life because of everything he has to offer'. I really don't see a problem with the season heading that direction. I'd love to see how that develops; plus it's just another place Dexter is able affect or destroy. Representing how cursed he is.

pmo_09

[14]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 4

when i was watching that seen I absolutely hated it. I was actually saying no no no no no no as the seen went on because that would mark the complete downward spiral of dexter. It was so uncomfortable to watch and thank God she was only dreaming it.

pinkishjoy

[15]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 6
    hero_47 wrote:

QueenOfGaming wrote:

That's funny, considering the two were married in real life.

nope, not anymore. divorced.
    which makes it even more weird....

thetruesora

[16]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 22
    to make it especially weird: the divorce was finalised just over a week ago. So following that happening in real life their characters are possibly getting together. That does seem really bad for the writers to do that "oh hey as they are divorcing lets NOW get them together on the show and make them have to kiss and be all lovey-dovey together".

jiko25

[17]Dec 12, 2011
    It's actually understandable why the therapist thinks debra has feelings for dexter,considering how debra depends on dexter and how she talks about him. And looking back how dexter was always debra's "rock" to all the seriously messed up things she was exposed to(seriously, think about it all situations) it's not that much of a stretch for her develop feelings. I notice no one else posted this in the forums so i'll be first, has no one else notice that the therapist was in the background looking at debra hugging dexter? I mean come on, that reason alone would've compelled the therapist to address the issue with debra's feelings.

rayne

[18]Dec 13, 2011
    At first I thought that she would start having feelings for her therapist but now I think you are right!!!

MeAgentOfChaos

[19]Dec 13, 2011
    jiko25 wrote:
    It's actually understandable why the therapist thinks debra has feelings for dexter,considering how debra depends on dexter and how she talks about him. And looking back how dexter was always debra's "rock" to all the seriously messed up things she was exposed to(seriously, think about it all situations) it's not that much of a stretch for her develop feelings. I notice no one else posted this in the forums so i'll be first, has no one else notice that the therapist was in the background looking at debra hugging dexter? I mean come on, that reason alone would've compelled the therapist to address the issue with debra's feelings.

this would make the show exciting to watch again, otherwise the entire season has been a bore for me...atleast some incest would bring back some excitement, even though it's not really since they're not related. super evil for the writers to do this after they finalized their divorce...LOL

jimlfixit

[20]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 6
    When i was watching the scene i was thinking ''dont even go there, this is totally messed up!'' thankfully it was a dream. The show will be completeley ruined!!!