Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

Dexter and Deb a couple?!

yutg25

[21]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 5

WHen the therapist said this in the last epi I was like huh?? THen I thought did Laguerta put the therapist up to this like what she did to Mathews? Dexter really needs to invite her (Laguerta) to the table.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

creedchick02

[22]Dec 19, 2011
    • level: 8

First off, YUCK and Ewwwww, and 2, she is going to have to stop saying my Brother every 3 minutes.

Mr_Ozzy

[23]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 35

pmo_09 wrote:

when i was watching that seen I absolutely hated it. I was actually saying no no no no no no as the seen went on because that would mark the complete downward spiral of dexter. It was so uncomfortable to watch and thank God she was only dreaming it.

Same here.
    It was really uncomfortable, and I reaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy hope they don't continue with it next season.
    Deb and Dexter becoming a couple is a ridiculous idea and could very easily destroy the show imo.

AsthildurTeitsd

[24]Dec 26, 2011
    • level: 4

Mr_Ozzy wrote:

pmo_09 wrote:

when i was watching that seen I absolutely hated it. I was actually saying no no no no no no as the seen went on because that would mark the complete downward spiral of dexter. It was so uncomfortable to watch and thank God she was only dreaming it.

Same here.
    It was really uncomfortable, and I reaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy hope they don't continue with it next season.
    Deb and Dexter becoming a couple is a ridiculous idea and could very easily destroy the show imo.

Agreed....I got the most horrible feeling everytime the hinted at it, and the finale this season made me actually yell "NO" at my TV instead of being able to enjoy and otherwise good show that just stuck in my craw... D:

lemongirlclone

[25]Dec 27, 2011
    • level: 3
    I don't know why the rl marriage broke up but I don't think they make a good couple in the show either. Deb has enough power over Dexter without the sexual component.

Mangalore

[26]Apr 8, 2012
    • level: 7
    What annoyed me most was that it followed TV logic aka what is scandalous enough to increase ratings. I don't think it makes sense from any angle for Deb to actually feel romantically attached to Dexter, a psychatrists suggesting it because two family members are close or any other way. How about diving in the fact that Deb had three of her boyfriends killed around her and one of them being a serial murderer who managed to deceive her? That might throw some monkey wrenches into one's self esteem. She had pretty normal relationships until now given such setbacks.

Really, is this only on there because it is the male and female lead?

blackmage8472

[27]Apr 8, 2012
    • level: 15

Mangalore wrote:
    What annoyed me most was that it followed TV logic aka what is scandalous enough to increase ratings. I don't think it makes sense from any angle for Deb to actually feel romantically attached to Dexter, a psychatrists suggesting it because two family members are close or any other way. How about diving in the fact that Deb had three of her boyfriends killed around her and one of them being a serial murderer who managed to deceive her? That might throw some monkey wrenches into one's self esteem. She had pretty normal relationships until now given such setbacks. Really, is this only on there because it is the male and female lead?

Eh, I don't think it was tv logic that lead to that storyline. I don't think anyone thought that an incestuous relationship would increase ratings. Season 6 on it's own wasn't all that great and after the "big reveal" that Gellar had been dead all along, the idea of Deb and Dex being a couple almost made me stop watching.I think it was an organic idea that simply lost control of itself.

I do agree that thepsychiatrist'sconclusions about Deb loving Dex romantically would be specious at best. As you suggest, look at her serious relationships: Rudy/Brian - serial killer who proposed to her then tried to kill her. Lundy - An older "daddy" figure who she broke up with to further her own career... and he's murdered in front of her. Anton - Pretty much her polar oposite and she broke up with him after her affair with Lundy and after he was murdered. Quinn - Can't really be sure about this one... but did she ever really love him or was it for her simply a convient relationship. Not to mention that was a pretty bad break up. So yeah, I'd say Deb had plenty of issues an saying it's because she loves Dexter, well that makes little sense.

amanda-26

[28]Apr 15, 2012
    • level: 1
    Agreed! Even the idea of it grosses me out!!! I really hope they do not do anything about it! I WOULD stop watching it.

JaredBattye

[29]Jul 6, 2012
    • level: 2
    there are such things as bad shrinks.

nimd4

[30]Aug 15, 2012
    • level: 6
    CarmineVendetta wrote:

Also, I fully believe the attraction arises BECAUSE she knows they aren't related.

Do we know this, or is the OP sick in the head?

Btw., [23]Dec 21, 2011
    Mr_Ozzy wrote:

[..] and could very easily destroy the show imo.

(Um) [20]Dec 13, 2011
    jimlfixit wrote:
    The show will be completeley ruined!!!

Beyond reasonable doubt.

P.S.
    lemongirlclone wrote:
    Deb has enough power over Dexter without the sexual component.

I like the way you think; Nicely said!..
    Edited on 08/15/2012 8:04pm

Badhab1t

[31]Oct 26, 2012
    • level: 3

I don't see it happen like OP said. I think you guys took their comments way too literally.

I feel all 3 ware talking more about the bond/love, not in the sexual/romantic sense. There is close bond between those 2, which is something as close to "pure love" as they can get. You don't automatically get to that kind of relation even if your are in a romantic "love" or two are close blood relative(brother and sister, son and father).
    My view is that Dexter THINK he is the brother to Deb, so he is trying he best to be that brother(in a sense, he is unconsciously mimicking what's a brother suppost to be). Same was with Rita, you can say He really did "loved" Rita(start with care for Rita, to a as close to romantic love as He can be with someone).
    I can't reallyexplain better then this.
    From purelly outside of the Dexter lore, I think the writer is try to make something out of nothing, atleast I just can't feel it. I never really like Deb, and never really feel any real connection between Deb and Dexter.