Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

Dexter killed Rita???

jossarsan

[1]Aug 5, 2010
    • level: 2

Of course he didn't. But he's clearly responsible for her death.

In the episode "Road Kill" Arthur Mitchell was about to kill himself by jumping from a roof and Dexter saved him!! All because HE wanted to be the one who kills Trinity! So if there are still people who think Dex works on justice, this is the clear example that his priority isn't serve justice or protect innocents, it is to fulfill his insane ritual like every serial killer.

I like Dexter, I feel sorry for him, but if the show had to have some realism, it would be imposible that Dex had a happy ending. He was already lucky enough to get away with Doakes's death, theBay Harbour Butcher incidentand also those innocent guys he killed in previous episodes (the child abuser who was stalking Astor, and the guy he killed by mistake in "Slack Tide"). Which by the way, he didn't feel remorse enough to stop killing.

He's responsible for Rita's death, that's it.

What do you think??

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pete_petrelli

[2]Aug 6, 2010
    • level: 7

He is totally responsable for Rita´s death no doubt about that, and what i think is gonna be really interesting is that he never felt the guilt (even the guy he killed by mistake he wasnt THAT sorry), but now hes got such a giant guilt for Rita´s death, its gonna be so interesting to see how hes going to handle it..

dex073

[3]Aug 7, 2010
    • level: 11
    watch out for the spoiler man your post name totally is one....

RyanFreemyer

[4]Aug 22, 2010
    • level: 1

Yeah we all know Dexter is responsible for Rita's death, of course he never intended for it to happen that way. It will be interesting to find out how he copes with it in season 5. Will he actually feel something for the first time?

PrestoBoy

[5]Aug 23, 2010
    • level: 13

If Trinity killed Rita then I would agree that Dexter is responsible for her death. But I'm not 100% sold on the idea that Trinity committed the murder. Think about it Arthur was on his way out of town, no time to stop and plan a killing, and even so why Rita? Why kill her? It just doesn't make any sense, he never had time to chase Rita down and kill her while fleeing town at the same time. I think someone else is covering their own butt by making it look like Trinity is responsible. The season 5 trailer even points out that Trinity never killed a married woman in the bathtub. Someone else killed her.

IanHaze

[6]Aug 25, 2010
    • level: 6

He's supposed to be an emotionless murderer, hence my question: Who the hell cares.

IanHaze

[8]Aug 26, 2010

Actually a long time ago I seen the episode, but didn't she just commit suicide? Appears to be pretty popular amongst suicidal losers, slit yer wrists in a bath tub.

reneinehv

[10]Aug 31, 2010
    • level: 4

maybe Arthur's son is the real Trinity Killer. It has to be revenge in some kinda way.

It's definitely not a suicide. Rita wasn't capable of it. We forget something. Is there someone in the past who dexter did not get?

Did arthur had the time to do it before Dexter returned home?

What are we missing.

Anyway, I loved Rita, and so did Dexter. He gave him hope, emotions, something to love for.... and to die for.

Dexter dies eventually. Lets hope it's not season 5

gandalas

[11]Aug 31, 2010
    • level: 3

dex073 wrote:

Dude, it has been 9 months now since the episode. If someone is not caught up by now, then they have no business going on here to read forums, they need to get watching!

Doctor_Crowe

[12]Sep 3, 2010
    • level: 8

Actually I was catching up on the seasons so I can be caught up for season 5 and this post actually killed the surprise of Rita's death. Such a huge disappointment since I wasn't here for the forums but trying to get info on an episode when this thread just happened to be in the front page.

Anywho, great season. Bet I would've been all "WTF" at the finale but alas.

dex073

[13]Sep 4, 2010

Doctor_Crowe wrote:

Actually I was catching up on the seasons so I can be caught up for season 5 and this post actually killed the surprise of Rita's death. Such a huge disappointment since I wasn't here for the forums but trying to get info on an episode when this thread just happened to be in the front page.

the same happened to me with the shield i caught a huge spoiler and it killed me so i know what you feel especially since i tried to say it earlier but nobody seemed to care

Doctor_Crowe

[14]Sep 4, 2010
    • level: 8

dex073 wrote:

Doctor_Crowe wrote:

the same happened to me with the shield i caught a huge spoiler and it killed me so i know what you feel especially since i tried to say it earlier but nobody seemed to care

That really sucks. Was it for Lem's death?

dex073

[15]Sep 4, 2010

yes it was, i only was up to season 3 when i read that... RIP Lem...

IanHaze

[16]Sep 8, 2010
    reneinehv wrote:

It's definitely not a suicide. Rita wasn't capable of it. We forget something. Is there someone in the past who dexter did not get?

Says who? She's a depressed neurotic piece of nearly human, she's sure as hell capable of it.

Anyways, who cares, let's be happy that's one less annoying character on this otherwise great show!

IanHaze

[17]Sep 8, 2010
    Doctor_Crowe wrote:

dex073 wrote:

Doctor_Crowe wrote:

That really sucks. Was it for Lem's death?

Thanks man, hadn't seen that episode yet... And yet you complain here that someone else is posting spoilers.

88simran

[18]Sep 9, 2010
    amen to dat!!

88simran

[19]Sep 9, 2010

Trinity is also a serial killer. Whatever happens, he would not deviate from his ritual, which was to kill another kid only. Rita killed by trinity, not likely

notorious98

[20]Sep 11, 2010
    • level: 2
    gandalas wrote:

dex073 wrote:

Dude, it has been 9 months now since the episode. If someone is not caught up by now, then they have no business going on here to read forums, they need to get watching!

Considering the season 4 dvds don't come out until this Tuesday, plenty of people can't watch it until then. Spoilers are still spoilers. And by the way, don't tell people how to live their lives or spend their time. If they want to be on the Dexter page on TV.com, they have every right to be there. The fact that the title of the thread is plastered on the front page is the problem.