Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

Dexter season 6 premiere leaked

blackmage8472

[1]Sep 24, 2011
    • level: 15

What is it with Showtime? Seriously, they either have awful security or just keep intentionally leaking their new series and season premieres.

Anyway, it's online if you know where to look. Highlights i you're interested: Olmos and Hanks were in the episodes and are up to nefarious deeds, LaGuerta is dangerously smart, the religion angle was brought up right away, the creepy factor certainly was there, Bautista makes an interesting big brother, Dex and Deb are in several scenes together but barely interact so I guess the Hall/Carpenter rift is real, Dexter at a high school reunion is hilarious.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ringleader2k

[2]Sep 24, 2011
    • level: 3
    lol @ dexter getting a BJ

Melbot

[3]Sep 25, 2011

Thanks for the heads up, watched the ep last night Now I'm going to have to wait 2 weeks for the second episode

dh4645

[4]Sep 27, 2011

ringleader2k wrote:
    lol @ dexter getting a BJ

yeah, that was great. i always wanted to see that chick naked since i saw her on "She Spies" back in the day. hah.

also LOL at dexter dancing & playing flag football.

& General Adama from BSG in dexter....so awesome

vioray

[5]Sep 30, 2011

another great episode...

but what was with the reactions to Dexter not being religious? are open atheists really that uncommon in the Miami area or US in general? I could understand some of the characters, but the entire cast, even his own sister are shocked that he doesn't have any religious inclination?

blackmage8472

[6]Sep 30, 2011

[QUOTE="vioray"] but what was with the reactions to Dexter not being religious? are open atheists really that uncommon in the Miami area or US in general? I could understand some of the characters, but the entire cast, even his own sister are shocked that he doesn't have any religious inclination [/ QUOTE]

Let me put it this way, 9 times out of 10 when I say I'm agnostic I tend to get a weird look and someone asks me the question: "So, why don't you believe in God." So besides the fact that the average person is oblivious to the difference between atheist and agnostic I think most people do believe in God in some form or another and expect everyone else to believe the same.

But I kinda got the impression that people were less shocked by Dexter's lack of religion and more shocked by his lack of belief in anything.

Jemadari

[7]Sep 30, 2011
    • level: 12

yeah I believe in doing an honest days work and providing for my family(though not really committed to the honest part and i'm single no kids,but u get my point)

While the worst episode of Dexter is still better than the best episode of most shows I didn't really care for this episode but it looks like they're setting up Debra as some kind of "hero cop" and boy do I hate people with camera phones(long story but seriously bullets flying around and you have the presence of mind to try and get uploadable content,people suck. end rant)

No1Slayerette

[8]Oct 3, 2011
    • level: 9

I wanna know what happened to Harrison's old nanny. I didn't much like her, but watching season five recently, and knowing that there was going to be a strong religious element in season 6, I thought it would be a given that she would still be around. She was trying to push religion onto Harrison after all. Oh well, just hope it gets explained. Obviously the writers are trying to do something with Batista's sister, God knows what though, I can't see any storyline there going well. Besides, I thought it was made clear earlier on in the series the Batista hated his sister/s.

SAMCRObaby

[9]Oct 3, 2011
    • level: 1

vioray wrote:

another great episode...

but what was with the reactions to Dexter not being religious? are open atheists really that uncommon in the Miami area or US in general? I could understand some of the characters, but the entire cast, even his own sister are shocked that he doesn't have any religious inclination?

I believe it may have been because he was at a Catholic school. Since nuns spend they're lives serving God, I'm sure it's surprising when someone says they don't believe. I thought the episode was pretty great, though! Did anyone have a viewing party? The place I work at sells Dexter t-shirts and a woman came bought some for her friends to watch the show! Here, check 'em out! http://www.ROCKWORLDEAST.com/store/Dexter Let's talk about Quinn and Deb, think she'll wanna be a wife?

smoke-monster

[10]Oct 5, 2011
    • level: 2

[QUOTE="blackmage8472"]

vioray wrote:
    but what was with the reactions to Dexter not being religious? are open atheists really that uncommon in the Miami area or US in general? I could understand some of the characters, but the entire cast, even his own sister are shocked that he doesn't have any religious inclination [/ QUOTE]

Let me put it this way, 9 times out of 10 when I say I'm agnostic I tend to get a weird look and someone asks me the question: "So, why don't you believe in God." So besides the fact that the average person is oblivious to the difference between atheist and agnostic I think most people do believe in God in some form or another and expect everyone else to believe the same.

But I kinda got the impression that people were less shocked by Dexter's lack of religion and more shocked by his lack of belief in anything.

I was a little surprised by people's reactions to Dexter thinking rationally as well. But then again, I don't live in the US either. Still, I live in a21st centurywestern democracy. None of my friends is religious and it's pretty much the default around here to not takemedieval superstitions too seriously.

FCBarca

[11]Oct 5, 2011
    My wife & I discussed this very point about religion...Initially, I was pretty letdown at the idea of a religious theme as I don't believe in religion at all...But I do get that it's topical/relevant and perhaps can make for an interesting theme...Especially wrt redemption thoughts and justifying one's actions etc.

Love Olmos and generally I like Hanks but he seems really out of his depth early on for a series like Dexter, IMHO...Hope I'm wrong but I think nepotism perhaps got him the gig rather than being a proper fit for the role

Still odd to see the interactions of Dexter & his ex in Debra with the fallout of their real life relationship...Is there a precedent for this sort of on screen interaction?

The girl playing Angel's sister and Dex's babysitter is beautiful but a terrible actress...What are the odds her & Dex get together, eh?

ice_edge

[12]Oct 7, 2011
    • level: 13
    Overall good episode. Surprised how little people showed up for the premiere here on Sunday. It just shows how much this site has fallen into nothingness. Now this ep was interesting to say the least. It has been a few years and it seems like Quinn did not poke around in the dark and got himself killed. Dexter sure did a good number on him. Finally got a high school reunion. I really wanted this sorta deal for a while. LOL one lesson I learned from it is if you are nice enough to someone in high school they will give you a free BJ later in life. Can't learn that lesson in school...or can you? LOL at that blonde saying he was good while he wasn't doing anything. LOL he was not even a where that he was helping her. Nothing better than some good comedy before heavy plot kicks in. It seems in this season we will get duo serial killer theme. Dexter himself has already experienced it twice(one time it really did not go to well). Religious theme I guess had to be done but somehow I really get this filler season feeling when I think about it. It's like now they will start pushing every single idea out there to make this series go for as long as possible. And besides what will be the point if as usual he really won't learn anything from it? As far as Carpenter and Hall are concerned I think they might have thought about this whole deal before hooking up. I dunno about this but somehow I think the acting might suffer due to their failed relationship. I hope I'm wrong though. I still did not get it but where Deb and Quinn been dating these past few years or what? And what about Astor? She is like 14 now or something. Will she and Cody be part of Dexter or are their roles over?