Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

Dexter Season 7 Episode 10 Discussion

kingoffheg

[1]Dec 1, 2012
    • level: 11

So?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

YamiGuzz

[2]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 15
    I thought it was great. loving the Hannah character especially now seeing how her dad was a douchebag. I don't really blame her. I'll admit, i felt a little gut wrench at the end with Dexter and her. Can't wait to hear the haters

The Phantom Arsonist was just some punk who had grudge? Oh well, I think the true baddy was Hannah's dad imo. The highlight for me was that the Dark Passenger never existed. As always, I love the monologues with Harry.

kingoffheg

[3]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 11

It was a very entertaining and important episode. My only complaint is that the whole "the Dark Passenger doesn't exist" storyline should have been fleshed out on multiple episodes and not just crammed in one. I mean, this revelation is MASSIVE in the details it adds to Dexter's character and all the previous seasons we have watched, so pardon me for feeling it was a bit rushed.

Other than that, I pretty much loved everything else about the episode. Dexter & Hannah continue to impress me as a couple. LeGuerta's search has reached a shockingly fruitful result, and I must say that I really do like her cooperation with Tom. Deb didn't have much to do this episode but she is still going after Hannah so Dexter will have to react accordingly very soon.

I'm glad the Quinn/Nadia thing has reached a climax because it was going so slow. I wonder where it will go from here now that Angel is involved and that Quinn has created even more lies for himself. I don't care for Quinn and Nadia as a couple though, I'm afraid.

Hannah's father was nasty, wasn't he? He certainly deserved what he got. I wonder if Hannah knows that Dexter killed him... I think she does.

The Phantom storyline has come to a hasty finish, luckily! It wasn't the inspector (yay!) so I'm happy about that, and at least it wove in the main theme of the episode as it was then that Dexter realized just exactly who he was. Like I said before, this realization felt rushed in the course of one episode but I'm willing to let it pass.

I can't wait to see where the show goes from now... the Deb vs Hannah storyline seems like it will be the focus, and Dexter will probably have to make a choice of some sort. There is also LeGuerta and Tom closing in on Dexter. I can't wait!

pumpkinhead2

[4]Dec 7, 2012
    • level: 7

So LaGuerta's new best friend Matthews is helping her track down the bay harbor butcher. He even volunteers to talk to Dexter on her behalf.

My guess is that he is really looking for revenge against LaGuerta and wants to give Dexter the heads up ... perhaps even convince Dexter to take her out. In Dexter's current mind frame he may well take his advice.

The whole Koshka storyline became a non-event this week. When I think of all they could have done with it. A final showdown between Dexter, Isaak and the rest of the Koshka brotherhood or Quinn finding out that they were hunting Dexter because he killed the boss's boyfriend. Instead it ended in a simple gun fight.

Edited on 12/07/2012 3:11am
    Edited 2 total times.

Dec1964

[5]Dec 10, 2012
    • level: 34

pumpkinhead2 wrote:

So LaGuerta's new best friend Matthews is helping her track down the bay harbor butcher. He even volunteers to talk to Dexter on her behalf.

My guess is that he is really looking for revenge against LaGuerta and wants to give Dexter the heads up ... perhaps even convince Dexter to take her out. In Dexter's current mind frame he may well take his advice.

The whole Koshka storyline became a non-event this week. When I think of all they could have done with it. A final showdown between Dexter, Isaak and the rest of the Koshka brotherhood or Quinn finding out that they were hunting Dexter because he killed the boss's boyfriend. Instead it ended in a simple gun fight.

I agree with what you said about the whole Koshka storyline, it should've

gone for the full season. Issak was a great character for Dexter this season.