Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

Dexter Season 7 Episode 11 Discussion

kingoffheg

[1]Dec 10, 2012
    • level: 11

Opinions?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nutcrackr

[2]Dec 10, 2012
    • level: 6
    Gotta give laguerta credit for setting dexter up like that. Just proves how sloppy he has been this season, not properly tailing his victims or doing preparation. I'm not totally sold on Hannah poisoning deb, although I hope that is the case because I don't think Hannah is good for Dex or the show long term. Looks like the next episode might leave us on the Dexter arrest cliffhanger. Not sure I have faith in that story arc either.

Merkavar

[3]Dec 10, 2012
    • level: 2

nutcrackr wrote:
    Gotta give laguerta credit for setting dexter up like that. Just proves how sloppy he has been this season, not properly tailing his victims or doing preparation. I'm not totally sold on Hannah poisoning deb, although I hope that is the case because I don't think Hannah is good for Dex or the show long term. Looks like the next episode might leave us on the Dexter arrest cliffhanger. Not sure I have faith in that story arc either.

its got to have been debra poisoning her self. to get rid of hannah out of dexters life.

i bet the preview for next week will be shots from a dream or something. as in not real or out of context. like he is being arrested for something else other than being a murderer

wolfwing

[4]Dec 10, 2012

Well there is another season, and the earlly season 7 spoilers talked about this season and next season being tied together, that while each had their own story arc season 7's story arc would lead directly int 8's. So maybe 8 is Dexter on the Lam, or he's been caught an we here some of his earliest cases we never got to see.

pumpkinhead2

[5]Dec 10, 2012
    • level: 7

I agree that Deb drugged herself. Hannah was right when she said that if she wanted Debra dead then she would be dead. Besides she would know that Dexter would immediately suspect her if something happened to Debra. Dexter will not be happy when he works that out but I have a feeling that Hannah might be held over till next season. The more immediate problem for Dexter would seem to be LaGuerta .

Edited on 12/12/2012 4:01pm

wolfwing

[6]Dec 10, 2012
    On the issue of doaks *sp?* why hasn't he come forward all this time? Lets say he faked his death what does that gain him? Or did he leave Dexter alone because he was willing to turn himself in, and it was his crazy ass girlfriend that tried to kill doaks made him leave Dex alone? And now that dex frames him further he takes revenge...too many issues that if he is alive, I hope they resolve..

wolfwing

[7]Dec 10, 2012
    Here is quick theory.

Doakes is alive, he was going to turn in Dexter, but realizing it was his crazy girlfriend that tried to kill him he realizes that maybe some people do need to be killed, so he leaves dex alone, but then dex tries to kill lageurta causing him to stop dex from hurting her?

Eplios

[8]Dec 10, 2012
    • level: 1
    How would Doakes being alive make sense though? At the end of season 2, his body parts were found and confirmed by the forensics to be him. Also the scene just before he dies you see him reach to turn off the gas but he is too late. How would this add up if he were to return?

OdumC

[9]Dec 10, 2012
    • level: 8

Yeah Deb definitely drugged herself.. the report back from the lab proves that, Her water was almost 40% of her prescription drug? try making that ratio of any medicine and water and take a sip... then try saying you'd drink 95% of a bottle of water filled with that mixture and not be able to tell the difference between that and straight water...

The lab guys comment made it pretty obvious it was self inflicted too mentioning at this time of year he could see why someone would want to do that to themselves.

Edited on 12/10/2012 9:33am

Merkavar

[10]Dec 10, 2012
    • level: 2
    Eplios wrote:
    How would Doakes being alive make sense though? At the end of season 2, his body parts were found and confirmed by the forensics to be him. Also the scene just before he dies you see him reach to turn off the gas but he is too late. How would this add up if he were to return?

Doakes will be like his dad or brother. as in imaginary. i cant see any way that he survived and just decided to stay hidden.

unless it was a massive undercover investigation. cause if he was alive dexter would have to kill him cause he knows the secret. but if he pretends to be dead he can spy on dexter all he wants.

wolfwing

[11]Dec 10, 2012
    Problem is, how many years ago did doakes "die?" Dexter was careful about being seen, but did how often did he look for being follwed, you mean in all this time no one could catch him? As for surviving, thats probably not likly, but faking it, well it's doakes, what is often done, you leave some teeth, change the dental records, heck he was blown up so not like his skull have all his teeth take the teeth from the skull and leave one of his nearby or something like that...who knows.

kingoffheg

[12]Dec 10, 2012

Fantastic episode!

The Deb/Hannah situation was inevitable, and it was played to the max in this episode. I'm convinced that Deb poisoned herself but I don't see how Dex can get Hannah out of the situation now that Deb has concrete proof against her. I really like Dexter & Hannah as a couple so it's sad to see that they have broken up, but I do hope that things get better for them.

LeGuerta finally gets the storyline she deserves! She was amazing in this episode. Her scenes with Matthews were both engaging and funny at times, then her little set-up was brilliant and shows that she is far more dangerous than Doakes or Quinn were. I can't wait to see what happens next with this.

Quinn's storyline concluded terribly in this episode, what a waste. A complete and utter waste. At least Angel had a nice scene with LeGuerta this week.

kingoffheg

[13]Dec 10, 2012

Fantastic episode!

The Deb/Hannah situation was inevitable, and it was played to the max in this episode. I'm convinced that Deb poisoned herself but I don't see how Dex can get Hannah out of the situation now that Deb has concrete proof against her. I really like Dexter & Hannah as a couple so it's sad to see that they have broken up, but I do hope that things get better for them.

LeGuerta finally gets the storyline she deserves! She was amazing in this episode. Her scenes with Matthews were both engaging and funny at times, then her little set-up was brilliant and shows that she is far more dangerous than Doakes or Quinn were. I can't wait to see what happens next with this.

Quinn's storyline concluded terribly in this episode, what a waste. A complete and utter waste. At least Angel had a nice scene with LeGuerta this week.

kingoffheg

[14]Dec 10, 2012

Fantastic episode!

DIProgan

[15]Dec 11, 2012
    • level: 3
    I hate Dex and Hannah and would love some sibling love

geoffmaze

[16]Dec 11, 2012
    • level: 5

You can rest assured that the arrest scene or Doakes return is a vision only. Interesting twists and surprises are a rare commodity on Dexter anymore.

geoffmaze

[17]Dec 11, 2012
    • level: 5
    This season has been all over the map. I get it that this season is different and Dexter isn't working directly against another serial killer but looking back at the Kashka Brotherhood it's almost as if their story arc was nothing more than filler. Hannah shows up mid season and this love affair with her is the main arc now? Oookay. About as weak of an ending as you could have with Quinn and Nadia. Is that an out for Quinn? Going to Vegas. Probably since Angel is out this season as well.

pumpkinhead2

[18]Dec 11, 2012
    • level: 7

I think Hannah will be more of a danger to Dexter than LaGuetita.

Hannah will spill her guts to LaGuetita for a reduced sentence, which is what she did to her previous boyfriend. Of course she is a murderer while Dex and Deb are respected members of the police force ... but some mud will stick. I suspect that this season will end with the arrest of Dexter.

Next season should start with Dexter out on bail since Hannah's evidence would be near impossible to collaborate.

Shirly

[19]Jul 17, 2013
    • level: 3
    What is the name of Dexter's boat?

nutcrackr

[20]Jul 17, 2013
    Shirly wrote:
    What is the name of Dexter's boat?

Slice of life