Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

Dexter Season 7 Episode 12 Discussion

kingoffheg

[1]Dec 16, 2012
    • level: 11

The season finale is here folks, what did you think of it?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wolfwing

[2]Dec 16, 2012
    • level: 6

All the things I was expecting...that wasn't the ending I thought....

I was thinking Dex frames Legaurta again letting her live...turns himself in, in exchange for Deb being free...many other things....whats going to be left of deb now...

KamakaLo

[3]Dec 16, 2012
    • level: 22
    It was good but nothing surprised me. I figured Maria's end was near and that one or the other would do it and I'm glad it was Deb over Dexter. Honestly, I haven't really been shocked by anything on Dexter since Season 4 but its still an overall good show compared to most out there. I hope the last season goes out with a bang though....

No1Slayerette

[4]Dec 17, 2012
    • level: 9

A solid ending to the season. Yes, LaGuerta's death has been a long time coming and wasn't really surprising, but satisfying nonetheless. I'm glad Deb got to kill her too, after all of the things LaGuerta put her through over the years. Hannah's escape from prison was ridiculous, but I'm willing to overlook it because of her potential next season. I loved the scene where she put the pot plant on Dexter's door step.

Slash_out

[5]Dec 17, 2012
    • level: 5
    Great ending, I felt the season had too many side plots that didn't really feel revelant.
    But the ending was great, those last minutes with Deb, dex and Laguerta in the container were tense.

I guess Deb doesn't joke when it comes to her brother/crush :p. It's actually kind of refreshing.

Most people think that she will be crushed next season. I dunno. I guess she's is still going to get somebacklash (mentaly) from this. Perhaps something to do with drugs (I hope not though). But I could see her taking this better since it was for Dexter. The way I see it, she'd do anything for him, well, she did just prove this. But as far as she is concerned it's Dex+ Her > the world.
    In that case, you do what you've got to do, and you take it like a champ.

pumpkinhead2

[6]Dec 17, 2012
    • level: 7

Looks like Deb has completed her journey to the dark side.

Not quite as big a shock as last year's cliff hanger but still quite surprising. No doubt the investigation around LaGuerta's death will be one of the central themes for next year's series. It would be ironic if Deb got Laguerta's old job ... which she probably will. I am also tipping that Angel will put off his retirement to come back as Lieutenant.

An uneven season. It started well, stumbled over the last few episodes but finished on a strong note.

The major disappointment from the last episode is that we did not get to see Vince Masuka in his new year's costume.

Edited on 12/17/2012 3:20am
    Edited 2 total times.

Dec1964

[7]Dec 17, 2012
    • level: 31

Slash_out wrote:
    Great ending, I felt the season had too many side plots that didn't really feel revelant. But the ending was great, those last minutes with Deb, dex and Laguerta in the container were tense. I guess Deb doesn't joke when it comes to her brother/crush :p. It's actually kind of refreshing. Most people think that she will be crushed next season. I dunno. I guess she's is still going to get somebacklash (mentaly) from this. Perhaps something to do with drugs (I hope not though). But I could see her taking this better since it was for Dexter. The way I see it, she'd do anything for him, well, she did just prove this. But as far as she is concerned it's Dex+ Her > the world. In that case, you do what you've got to do, and you take it like a champ.

I agree with what you said, but remember LaGuerta had blood slides that Doakes kept,

so where are they.?

kepa55

[8]Dec 17, 2012
    • level: 8

Solid ending to a season that started out great but somehow lost its way about midway through. Dexter's romance with Hannah felt just too rushed, and the other plotlines were dealt with too quickly or were just pointless (Quinn and the stripper, what was the point in the end?). I wasn't really surprised when Deb killed LaGuerta - Maria was going to die anyway as she knew too much and Deb's journey this year has taken her closer and closer to Dexter. Hannah staying alive was a bit shocking, hopefully she wont be back next season.

Otherwise... nothing much happened in this finale. A few loose ends tied and we probably said goodbye to parts of the cast; with LaGuerta dead, Angel tending his bar and Quinn getting a grand total of 30 seconds of screen time, I can't see next season being about anything else than Dex+Deb show.

Harry9295

[9]Dec 17, 2012
    • level: 5

ya

ltcomstella

[10]Dec 17, 2012
    • level: 17

hannah left an ackenite plant for dexter, maybe sign she'll be holding a grudge or a peace offering ?

deb could possibly be creating her own 'dark passenger/lizard brain'

i kinda hope quinn dies in the last season... he does nothing for the show...

angel could become a P I it help his 'bar' survive and he may take laguerrta's death hard and dexter will be prime suspect number one if he and deb don't handle the investigation well.

i would kinda like to see dexter hook up with his nanny/angels relation sister ? i forgot which....

kinda suspected deb would shoot her...

mr_j936

[11]Dec 17, 2012
    • level: 1

For me it has gotten to a point where he became the bad guy, rooting for him is becoming difficult. Laguerta and Doakes both died because they were serving justice and they were good at their jobs. That is not really fair, This season also shows Dexter killing Hanna's father who is not a killer... so he's sorta spiraling out of control and become just a regular but efficient killer..

It's fun to watch the first 3 seasons of Dexter again and see what Debra was like and how she is now If I am not wrong, her first kill on the show and in her life was Laguerta? seems really sad. I wasdisappointedto find out that the whole story line with the Koshka brotherhood was just a way to pass out the first 5 episodes... I liked Sirko, he was really really cool, they should havestretchedit more and gave it a better role. Overall it was a good season.

kingoffheg

[12]Dec 17, 2012

It was a fantastic finale and a great wrap for the season. I can't imagine how next season is going to be.

LeGuerta was SENSATIONAL here. I have always loved (to hate) her character and that was at full-force here... she was ruthless in the way she pursued both Dexter and Debra, so it was sad for me to see her die at the end... I would have loved to see more that.

Hannah was also spectacular... her first scene with Dexter was necessary while the second with Debra was one of my favorite moments of the episode. She said so many true things and the way she accused Deb of being a hypocrite was spot-on. Additionally, I'm happy that she managed to escape and I look forward to seeing more of her next season. I don't think she will get any kind of happy ending though... she will be on Dexter's table surely. :p

I loved the interactions between Angel and LeGuerta (as well as her interaction with Tom) and I don't know how I feel about Angel leaving the department but I'm sure we'll get to see him again next year, even if briefly. The Quinn/Jaime hook-up was absolutely meaningless and needless... I still can't believe that the Koshka Brotherhood storyline was wrapped up with no consequences for Quinn, what a waste. I wish it was him leaving instead of Angel honestly...

One thing I didn't like was how Dexter caught Hector... he just drugged him in the middle of the street, wtf? lol

Interaction with Harry was minimal in this episode but I loved every second of it. The scene in LeGuerta's house was amazing and intense, I hope we get more urgent conversations like these next season.

And as for Debra's choice... it was an intense scene to say the least. I don't know how I feel about what happened because I didn't want Deb to get so involved... I've enjoyed her corrupted innocence more than anything this season, but now that she has done this I doubt there is any ounce of innocence left in her. Dexter's reaction was great and touching.

I can't wait for next season, I hope it's at least as good as this one.

UltraTraveler

[13]Dec 17, 2012
    • level: 9

I knew Deb would choose Dexter over her police identity. But, I'm a bit disappointed by the ending.

Rather than shooting LeGuerta, I was expecting Deb to run out and shut the container door behind her so that Dexter can finish what he started.

Now Deb fell to the same level as Dexter does, killing an innocent. Unlike Dexter, the guilt will eat Deb up over time, point of no return.

Edited on 12/17/2012 11:13am

nutcrackr

[14]Dec 17, 2012
    Dexter has kinda become a bad guy of late, killing people that don't fit his code (hannah's father) but perhaps this is just a side effect of him breaking out of the code. I expected Deb would kill somebody for dexter, wasn't expecting laguerta. Had hoped that dex would set her up as the bay harbor butcher but the dex of s7 isn't thinking straight and he has been really sloppy. Taking down estrada in broad daylight in the middle of a park? That's just crazy. I think Hannah will become a rival in season 8 and at the end it may come down to deb or hannah again. Deb's tranformation is complete. At first refusal, then an attempt to change him, then ignorance, then understanding, then requesting he kill somebody, planting evidence to cover for him and finally killing somebody for him. Dex keeps going on about hannah as the only one he can talk to, seems Deb is right there for him now. Although it certainly has some similarities between the cabin and Lila

The final season is still open, I wonder if they are trying to push dex away from the audience so they can give us a grim ending.

mr_j936

[15]Dec 17, 2012
    • level: 1
    I am hoping he would be caught in the end... seems fitting, I can't imagine them ending the show with an open ending like he's free to continue killing and nothing has changed bla bla bla...

YamiGuzz

[16]Dec 19, 2012
    • level: 15
    Wasn't really that surprised, if anything I figured Matthews would kick the bucket as well. Maria's death was pretty obvious. The season was pretty good. Loved all the characters, Isaak, Louise, Nania, George, HANNAH. I can't wait for next season/year.

Remember when everyone got excited and started making theories about Louise Greene when he left the hand last season finale? Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for Hannah to survive till midway next season.

kingoffheg

[17]Dec 20, 2012

The episode broke all sorts of records with 2.75 million viewers becoming the most watched episode of the show's history as well as the most watched telecast by SHOWTIME, like ever.

Season 7 is also Dexter's most watched season so far.

wolfwing

[18]Dec 20, 2012

I'm not a huge fan of Hannah feels too much like they were trying to rekindle the relationship he had with the other killer season 5, but just didn't go anywhere. My only issue with this season though is that the mob that wanted Dex Dead ended too soon, I actually started to like him understand why he was doing what he was doing, worst of all Quinn killed the guy that Dexter should have in revenge....oh well still good season if for nothng else the Debra-Dexter arc.

Though one thing this show and person of interest do a bit TOO much...is openly talk with people 3 feet away that should be able to hear. The entire conversation between Hannah and Deborah...with a balif 2 feet behind them that can clearly hear everything is they are actually talking at that volume...just as you often see in POI the main chars talking over earphones with someone right behind them..

Edited on 12/20/2012 6:41pm

cliffsanford

[19]Dec 20, 2012
    • level: 4

I think the season was great. They went away from the formula of one main killer and tying everything up at the end. I am on the edge of my seat waiting for next season. I can't wait to see how Dexter and Debra handle the aftermath of LaGuerta's death. Deb checked up on her location and a bullet from her gun killed her. However they did not look worried at all at Batista's party. Looking forward to seeing what role Hannah plays next year too. I wanna see how Deb adjusts to being a killer. Will she go of the deep end or will she be cautious and fearful? There are so many loose ends left to be tied and I am just mad I have to wait 10 months to see.

pumpkinhead2

[20]Dec 21, 2012
    • level: 7
    Just thinking back to a couple of things that could have been done better this season.

Isaak's death ... definitely wrong. They should have kept him around until next season. He is the strongest protagonist Dexter has had since ... well perhaps since ever. I would have kept him over until next season since the Laguerta storyline was obviously the centre of attention for the last couple of episodes. However at some point Dexter and Isaak should have had to face each other down. Quinn killing George ... seriously what was the point?

I was sure that the writers were setting Quinn up to find out that Dexter actually killed Viktor. Just imagine how that knowledge would have impacted on next season. Quinn would know that Dexter was a killer but could not reveal how he got that information. They could have done great things with that storyline. To have him kill George is fine, but not until after Quinn found out about his connection with Dexter.

Perhaps they could have done more with Louis. Dexter was considering killing Louis even though he didn't match up with the code. Perhaps Dex's first premeditated non-code kill could have been Louis instead of Hannah's father. It would have been better since Louis would have had more time to get under Dex's skin. In the case of Hannah's father he seemed to have made his mind up to kill him way too quickly.