Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

Dexter Season 7 Episode 12 Discussion

tvfreakazoid

[23]Dec 30, 2012
    • level: 8

Over all dexter is a great show. Sure it has a couple of episodes not the best but what tv show doesn't have a not so great episode!

I was pretty surprised deb killed laguerta but it was good.

I read some reviews on here saying why is dexter killing people that isn't part of his "CODE".

Because he's in love. Love sometimes drive people "crazy" and that's why he killed laguerta and hannah's crappy dad.

This is the first person he loved that he can share his dark secret where as he couldn't with his first girl (rita)

I assume season 8 will be it's final and i'm pretty sure it will be a plot twister on how it will end.

I wonder if deb will end up killing herself! Let's face it, mentally she can't pull it together. I think that would be a good twist.

Edited on 12/30/2012 7:05am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvfreakazoid

[24]Dec 30, 2012

deb=suicide would be a good plot twister

Mangalore wrote:
    I hope Dexter dies. I like this cute little psychopath like the next guy, but with killing La Guerta and Hannah's father he clearly is not really meant to be someone to root for anymore. He kills for prickish selfish reasons that he cannot hide behind a code anymore. I'm also not sure if I like what they did with Deb. The way she killed Guerta makes her a weakling. Essentially what Hannah said in the episode is right, at least she is not a hypocrite pretending. Deb however destroyed the entire foundation of her being. If you consider it harshly there is essentially no honorable way out of this but suicide. That could be great dramatically, but I wished more for her character than being Dexter's weak, sidekick sister. The number of deaths and disappearances piling up among police workers and their closely followed suspects should also launch some alarms among them that there might be indeed something going on here.

tvfreakazoid

[25]Dec 30, 2012

Personally i hope masuka gets a bigger role.

He's the creepy asian dude and now i would like him to use his lab geek brain and start figuring things out.

showinuse9

[26]Jan 15, 2013
    • level: 11
    i just went on a dexter marathon watching seasons 2-7 in a week. didnt realize the season 7 finale only happened like a month ago. I have to admit after going through 6 seasons of ups and downs this is not a episode im happy to end on. i knew it was going to happen that way but i guess what bugs me is that next season is gonna be all about laguerta and probably distrust. i liked the show better when all the group was together. now everything is so fractured it bugs the crap out of me.

i really cant stand that deb did that. its like messing with my mind

on a side note i liked hannah throughout the season and that sex scene was pretty funny/epic/sexy

my favorite thing though was doakes scenes. i loved doakes when he was on and i still dont know why they got rid of him.He has his own GIF on the internet where he saying "surprise muthafookah" its just awesome.

idk i guess it was a good episode but after the marathon to go out on that really murky note was kinda depressing. So does anyone know when the new season starts?

nutcrackr

[27]Jan 24, 2013
    • level: 7
    season 8 starts June 30th http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/12/dexter-to-return-in-june/

Izzytheinsane

[28]Mar 16, 2013
    • level: 7

I really liked this season. I stopped watching Dexter for a while when Rita died but got back into it recently. Have been blazing through seasons 5-7 and season 7 is definitely the strongest of the 3. It's also gearing up for a strong last season. I really hope they don't renew and push on to a season 9. That would ruin everything.

Predictions for next season. I think the best thing Dexter can do for his sister is to run away. I don't think he'll do it until the last episode though, if he does it at all. He has because a pretty darn destructive force in her life and the best thing he can do is get out of it. Past that...I don't know.