TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

Dexter Season 7 Episode 5 Discussion

kingoffheg

[1]Oct 30, 2012
    • level: 11

Your thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kingoffheg

[2]Oct 30, 2012
    • level: 11

I thought it was EXCEPTIONAL, definitely my favorite since the premiere.

The Deb/Dex stuff was the best as usual, all of their scenes together had such electrifying energy to them. Deb giving Dexter a hard time for his lying was understood and well-deserved IMO, and then that scene when she had to lie to Batista... wow, that scene just blew me away. The acting, the music, just everything!

LeGuerta's storyline has picked up and it was intense this episode. It was obvious that Deb was gonna hide the picture and get away with it, but I like how Deb has become so involved. It was necessary for the later scenes in the episode when she told Dexter that she didn't want to be a part of his bullcrap.

We got to see the most of Hannah so far in this episode, and it was quite nice. We find out that she is also a killer and that probably could be her magic connection to Dexter. I look forward to seeing more of her and how this will turn out exactly. I also wonder if there's a love triangle being planned between Dexter, Debra and Hannah for the future.

The Isaac storyline was focused and thrilling this week too. I loved the chase and the urgency that it brought with it... it was a nice touch that Isaac was planning his revenge on the entire squad of detectives thinking that they were working together. Quinn getting bribed will surely play a role in the story in the next few weeks, so I look forward to seeing what happens with him next. Dexter setting him up to clash with the Colombians was very nice and resulted in Isaac's arrest which, I think, is necessary for the time being since the season is still halfway through. The scene with Isaac and Dexter in prison near the end was great. Isaac has really grown on me as a villain, but I'd like to know more about his connection to Viktor... the whole "I liked him" explanation was lacking to say the least.

I'm loving the season so far, and it seems to be heading toward a great ending too (unlike season 6 which started off great but fell apart by the end).

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.