Dexter Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

Dexter Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion

kingoffheg

[1]Nov 3, 2012
    • level: 11

Thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

adzam22

[2]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 4
    Awful. The writers have about 2 episodes to reel me back in or I'm going to seriously consider not watching anymore.

palle007

[3]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 5

adzam22 wrote:
    Awful. The writers have about 2 episodes to reel me back in or I'm going to seriously consider not watching anymore.

I enjoyed it, and the ending... damn :-)

klaudyuxxx

[4]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 1
    What an ending to this episode!!

pumpkinhead2

[5]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 7

Funny that Dexter made a promise to Debra that he wouldn't screw up again by not killing the bad guy the first opportunity he got. Then he doesn't kill Hannah.

I have a feeling, just from next week's trailer, that Debra is going to pressure Dexter to kill Hannah.

I can see Debra slowly but surely turning into a new Harry by getting Dexter to start cleaning up some of those cases that seem to fall through the cracks.

Edited on 11/05/2012 7:11am

Endoplasmic888

[6]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 7
    adzam22 wrote:

Someones a bit too critical

kingoffheg

[7]Nov 6, 2012
    • level: 11

It was a solid episode but probably one of the weakest of the season so far. I liked the focus on Hannah but I'm not sure how I feel about the ending.

Dexter's determination that Hannah is a killer could mean a lot of things, but his attraction to her was crystal clear from the beginning. I can't wait to find out more about her and the murders she committed and whether she really can be a good fit to Dexter or not.

My problem with the last scene is that it felt rushed... I don't feel like we have seen Hannah enough to desire what happened. I mean, I think it's too early for her to see his true colors and embrace it so quickly.

Batista retiring and Quinn accepting the bribe were small storylines that weren't very interesting but not boring either. I wish we would see more of Masuka though!

Deb was great once again in this episode. I loved all of her questions regarding the barrel girls and how she was disgusted by Dexter's actions back then... anyone would have reacted similarly, so I thought it was realistic and well-done.

Isaak's prison scene was great. He is a great villain IMO but he just needs that little extra punch to elevate to absolute greatness. There is still a chance for that so let's see what is going to happen.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what happens next week... the pace has slowed down this episode (considerably so) but it should pick up in a couple of episodes. In the meantime, I hope we get more backstory on Isaak and Hannah.